BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 28, 2015 6:56 pm  #1

The Women in Sherlocks Mind Palace - reading support needed

Hi,

I'm currently writing a Sherlock fanfic and I was wondering if anyone ever did a (readable) gif or transcript from that scene in which Sherlock sees the information in white about the Women in his Mind Palace (s03e02)?
It would help me a lot to know about their background storys.

Maybe some of you can help me.

Tanks a lot,
Milaya

July 28, 2015 7:27 pm  #2

Re: The Women in Sherlocks Mind Palace - reading support needed

If it's an episode transcript you need, Ariane DeVere has a great collection of them for Sherlock:

http://arianedevere.livejournal.com/

This is the transcript for TSoT: 

http://arianedevere.livejournal.com/65379.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 28, 2015 10:21 pm  #3

Thanks Vhanja, but I already knew these transcripts and unfortunately the information which I need isn't in it. I'm looking for the exact moment when Sherlock looks p.e. "Vicky" (the woman in the red dress) in the face and sees some text in white printed above it. It's very fast and therefore difficult to read but maybe someone made a good gif or so...

July 29, 2015 7:44 am  #4

Ah, sorry, I thought you meant "The Woman" (Irene). Can you try freeze frame it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

July 29, 2015 8:48 am  #5

Hi Vhanja,

the scene should be around 1:00:00 in the episode.
I tried to freeze frame the moment when Sherlock "reads" Vicky (he does that with Charlotte... too) but unfortunately the quality is quite low because I can do it only from an online stream of the episode (and I'm not an IT expert like Jim ;-) ). But here it is:

Maybe someone else has got a better picture of this or could read the white text on screen.

July 29, 2015 9:44 am  #6

Perhaps it's just meant to be the chat screen for each of them imposed over their faces?

Team Hudders!

July 29, 2015 10:08 am  #7

I just watched the scene veeery slowly, but there is not much one can read. Only fragments like "Education" or "September 2004-September 2005 Gardener", "Qualifications" and such.
Pictures of the women, too.

So it is not the chat, but their vita.
But I'm afraid gifs wouldn't help.

Last edited by Mattlocked (July 29, 2015 10:09 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 29, 2015 10:38 am  #8

Thanks Mattlocked. Actually, I thought about using a "gifsplitter" so I could watch the scene like a flipbook. I did that with the "Sherlock in front of the seven laptops" scene and was able to read a few things from the middle screen:

W.H. Smiths, Carlisle
- serving and helping the general public
- administration and the use of computer ordering systems
- interviewing and training of new staff members

September 2004 - September 2005
Gardener

Skills and tasks:
- raising plants from seeds or cuttings
- a wide range of knowledge on nature

Something like that including the pictures of the women in Sherlocks Mind Palace would be quite helpful. It's because I'm working on a theory that allows you to know things about characters before they actually mention them in the series. P.e.you would've been able to know that Mycroft has an illegitime half-brother and a dead pet with red fur since A Scandal in Belgravia. It would be great to do that with Vicky and the others...

July 29, 2015 2:26 pm  #9

Hm... but IN the series itself you don't know it before they mention it - because you can't read it. 

I think somwhere we discussed that only those things are "valid", which you can see without stopping or slow motion.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 29, 2015 4:16 pm  #10

I know it sounds crazy and - as I mentioned before - I'm looking for a theory for a fanfic (based on the series) and not for an actual spoiler. It might be possible to know some things before they actually mention them in the series, but of course it could still be a coincidence. Anyway, I just got curious when I saw the floor at Buckingham Palace (without slow motion) and compared "Queen Mycroft" to another drama queen whose name is written on that carpet (as part of the seal). If you do the same, you will know why I wasn't surprised when they mentioned Sherlocks and Mycrofts dead pet with red fur. There had to be one.

Right now I would like to do the same thing with Vicky, Gail, Robyn...for my fanfic but I'm not Sherlock which means I'm in need of a bit more data and slow motion pics than he would be. Maybe it's all rubbish - but as I said, I'm not looking for the truth but for something plausible.

Yours, Milaya
(...who's from Germany by the way which is why my English is horrible. Sorry...)

Last edited by Milaya (July 29, 2015 4:18 pm)

July 29, 2015 8:45 pm  #11

Hi again,

thankfully a friend gave me the hint that there is a better video of s03e02 and I'm now capable of reading some parts of the white text. It seems to be the data from the CV (you're right, Mattlocked :-) ) and the pictures p.e. from Charlotte and Gail are actual pictures of the actresses who play them.

I think, I'll do a timeline now about who worked when and at which place. It'll become a nice fanfic.
Thanks for your help again.

xxx
Milaya

Board footera