BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 16, 2015 9:20 pm  #1

Trip to Reichenbach Falls!

Who dreams going to Reichenbach Falls and see the place by yourself??

July 16, 2015 9:21 pm  #2

Re: Trip to Reichenbach Falls!

Sounds neat!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 17, 2015 7:22 am  #3

I will be going there in about two weeks time. Very exciting! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 17, 2015 11:45 am  #4

Oh, how I envy you... sounds like a perfect trip!
And Switzerland is so beautiful.... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 17, 2015 12:08 pm  #5

True. My husband wanted to visit the Matterhorn. So I said, fine, you get the mountain, I get the Sherlock Holmes fall. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 17, 2015 12:12 pm  #6

Oh, Susi, the Matterhorn is so wonderful from the Swiss side!!! I went a couple of times for skiing and was just in one big awwww....

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 17, 2015 1:10 pm  #7

Susi, how wonderful!

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 17, 2015 1:29 pm  #8

I will try and take some pics. 

July 27, 2015 6:13 pm  #9

So, as promised. Today we went to the Sherlock Holmes Museum in Meiringen and to Reichenbach Fall which is far more spectacular than expected. When we left the cable railway, there was a loud thoundering and a strong spray of water like rain. I could keep my little crochet Sherlock from jumping but it was a close call. 

July 27, 2015 6:30 pm  #10

Wonderful pics, Susi. This looks very impressive, indeed.
And I love croched Sherlock! Keep a good eye on him!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 27, 2015 6:42 pm  #11

Nice photos! Looks like it would have been beautiful to see in person.  And crochet Sherlock is very cute!

Clueing for looks.

July 27, 2015 7:12 pm  #12

Truly impressive pictures, Susi!
And little Sherlock...if THIS isn't an adventure - what is??
A picture definitely belongs in here:

http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3732

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 27, 2015 7:27 pm  #13

Oh, this is true, tobe. 

July 27, 2015 7:50 pm  #14

Wonderful photos! He's so cute...bless his little cotton socks! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2015 9:02 pm  #15

Wow, great photos and a magnificent scenery! The power of the water is almost palpable, even if you just look at it - it had to be unpleasant for Professor Moriarty to fall into it from such height....

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 27, 2015 9:04 pm  #16

Nobody could survive a fall from that height. The spray of the water was so strong as if it was raining and the sound was like thunder. 

July 27, 2015 9:09 pm  #17

Yes, that´s very true.... it looks most impressive. I get vertigo just from these photos. Doyle chose a very fitting and scary place for a demise of his hero. 

July 29, 2015 1:58 pm  #18

He's not a hero, heroes don't exist and if they did he wouldn't be one of them. Well, that's what he says anyway. What kind of person would slay dragons if not a hero, eh? (Yes, sorry, I've just rewatched HLV)...

The scenery is...wow. I think impressive is indeed the word! Thank you for the pictures!

Board footera