BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 1, 2012 9:09 pm  #1

Twitter suspends journalist's account for NBC criticism

I'm not sure how many members are aware of this 'incident', involving NBC's coverage of the Olympics. You can read further details here:

Url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/ju/30/twitter-suspends-guy-adams-account-NBC?INTCMP=SRCH

The Guardian is one of the leading broadsheet newspapers in the UK.

Last edited by Davina (August 2, 2012 10:24 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 2, 2012 1:38 am  #2

Re: Twitter suspends journalist's account for NBC criticism

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 2, 2012 7:29 am  #3

Good article. Not directly related but still to do with Twitter, so there is a link to this recent case here in the UK:

www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter_Joke_Trial

With a little more about it here:

A couple of extras relating to this: someone mentioned Stephen Fry in another section of this forum, he has a part to play in this prosecution as you will see. Al Murray is a comedian who plays the role of Pub Landlord on stage but he is also a history graduate and is tremendously well-read. A genuinely clever man.

Last edited by Davina (August 2, 2012 7:32 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 2, 2012 7:53 am  #4

Oh, so the one I posted wasn't what you were trying to post? because yours didn't work for me.
hmmm

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

August 2, 2012 10:17 am  #5

It's not working now for me either but it did when I first posted it because I checked...strange.
Your link is fine. It relates to the same incident. I guess if people are interested enough they can go on The Guardian's website and go onto the search function.

Board footera