BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2014 11:51 am  #21

Re: Andrew to be the next Bond villain!

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

December 5, 2014 5:22 pm  #22

Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 5, 2014 5:42 pm  #23

Does anyone else think that this rules him out as appearing in the SH Special? They'll be a filming clash, surely. Filming on a movie normally takes 2-3 months+

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

December 5, 2014 5:49 pm  #24

Aw...
But then maybe he will only be in flasnbacks anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 27, 2015 8:39 pm  #25

Well said 

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 27, 2015 8:53 pm  #26

Haha, awesome. That might be worth watching a Bond movie for.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 7, 2015 5:27 pm  #27

very short but lovely

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/movies/coming-out-helped-my-hollywood-career-scott-31122693.html

"Someone could be straight as a die and not be a convincing heterosexual lead. I think sexuality is all about energy. I think knowing who you are is very important in this game." Scott will next appear in the upcoming James Bond film 'Spectre' - he will take on the role of Denbigh, one of Bond's Whitehall bosses.

Last edited by Ivy (April 7, 2015 5:27 pm)

----------

April 7, 2015 11:07 pm  #28

And again one quote more of this man to remind me (as if I'd need a reminder anyway) why I LOVE THIS MAN! There are hundreds of reasons but this again makes my heart melt because he's so right and it's lovely as always.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

July 22, 2015 7:56 am  #29

And in todays trailer we got the first tiny glimpse of Andrew in this movie.

And here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTDaET-JweU

Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

July 22, 2015 12:47 pm  #30

Well I guess I'll watch it for Andrew, Rory and Christoph ;)

Is the thread title still accurate?He works for MI5, that doesn't mean I could be a villian, of course, but it would be boring, I want him to be on the good side.

----------

July 22, 2015 1:09 pm  #31

James Norrington wrote:

And in todays trailer we got the first tiny glimpse of Andrew in this movie.

And here's the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTDaET-JweU

Moriarty???????????????
Um... Sorry...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 22, 2015 3:44 pm  #32

I hope he'll be having some nice scenes with Daniel, Rory and Ben.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 22, 2015 9:39 pm  #33

Stats Britain ‏@StatsBritain

83% of Britons are hoping James Bond does a better job catching Moriarty than Sherlock did.

(Twitter)

Last edited by Mattlocked (July 22, 2015 9:40 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 25, 2015 8:20 pm  #34

Mattlocked wrote:

83% of Britons are hoping James Bond does a better job catching Moriarty than Sherlock did

Huh? It's the same guy anyway, isn't it? Oh, not? That was only my Cumberbatch-Bond fantasy speaking? whoopsie :D

I'm looking forward to it. I loved Skyfall. Bond films for me are always top or flop - either I like them, or I don't. Skyfall was just wow. That car and the journey to Scotland is my absolute fav.

Last edited by Whisky (July 25, 2015 8:26 pm)

"It is what it is."

July 27, 2015 8:05 pm  #35

That car journey was just perfect! Those colours!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2015 10:54 pm  #36

I quite liked 'Skyfall', too, and as it seems I'll have to watch 'Spectre', I hope it will be as good as 'Skyfall' was, with those quiet sequences it was exactly what I needed because I'm not that fond of long car chasing sequences and all, although I'm of course aware that they happen to belong to a James Bond movie.

Anway, if you look closely in the trailer, you can see another part of Andrews character fighting with M, played by Ralph Fiennes (just two of my favourite actors together in one scene, enough reason for me to go and watch this movie!)

And shortly after the release of the trailer, another picture of Denbigh was released:

And I just got to say, I love all the discussion going on in the imdB board of 'Spectre', speculating about Andrews character and everything, it's somehow exciting. ;)

Andrew Scott

Captain Martin Crieff

July 27, 2015 11:03 pm  #37

Ralph Fiennes and Andrew Scott in a scene together? That does it - I have to watch this movie! (Which will probably be the first, or maybe second, Bond movie I've ever seen in it's entirety).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 28, 2015 1:38 am  #38

I posted the SPECTRE trailer in another topic and was beginning to talk about how I'm not sure what Andrew's character will be like, but I'll continue here since that's what you guys are doing.  There's a fight between him and M, so it would seem that he at least at some point is not trusted, but he's said that he's on the intelligence side, a member of the British government, so there could be some double-agent or shady dealings type thing going on.  Or they're led to believe he's on the baddie's side, but it's not true.  We'll see.

Clueing for looks.

October 24, 2015 10:47 am  #39

Yitzock wrote:

I posted the SPECTRE trailer in another topic and was beginning to talk about how I'm not sure what Andrew's character will be like, but I'll continue here since that's what you guys are doing.  There's a fight between him and M, so it would seem that he at least at some point is not trusted, but he's said that he's on the intelligence side, a member of the British government, so there could be some double-agent or shady dealings type thing going on.  Or they're led to believe he's on the baddie's side, but it's not true.  We'll see.

Na, he's just a nasty piece of work. 

October 28, 2015 9:18 am  #40

I'll watch the new Bond next Saturday with a friend. Mainly because of him and Rory. (I think that'll be about 5 minutes screentime) Unfortunately I'm not a fan of Daniel Craig.

Thanks for posting that Kermode/Mayo interview

----------

Board footera