BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2015 5:31 pm  #1

Possible Blooper, Please Explain.

Ok, so at the end of the episode 'A Study in Pink' John is talking to Mycrofts secretary and he says that they meet ealier on that 'evening' which she seems to have forgotten and it's supposed to be funny. However, they had meet the day before. Not ealier on that evening. Am I missing something, or was that a blooper in the dialogue? I'd really appriciate if someone could explain this to me, I'm sure their was something that I didn't catch. 

x SherlockianPrincess

x SherlockianPrincess 

July 24, 2015 6:24 pm  #2

Re: Possible Blooper, Please Explain.

I think you might be mistaken. 
Sherlock and John meet in St Barts. The next day they look at the flat, go to the crime scene, and then John is "kidnapped" by Mycroft. This is when he meets Anthea. He returns to Baker Street and later on he saves Sherlock by shooting the cabbie. So he and Anthea meet twice in one day. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 24, 2015 6:47 pm  #3

Susi is right, that was a very busy night. John gets kidnapped by Mycroft and meets Athena, Sherlock texts him, he gets back to Baker Street (stops on the way to get his gun), Sherlock shows him the suitcase and sends a text to the cabbie, they go out, chase down a taxi, return back home, where they find the police, while trying to figure out the case, the cabbie turns up, Sherlock follows him, they take a ride, John follows with some delay, shoots the cabbie, they leave the building and run into Mycroft and Athena, where John makes the “we met earlier” remark. No blooper, just a very packed storyline. 

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

July 25, 2015 2:58 pm  #4

You guys are right, I actually see where I got confused. Thank you so much for clearing it up! 

x SherlockianPrincess 

Board footera