BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 10, 2015 1:30 am  #1

The teaser trailer.

Miss me?

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

July 10, 2015 2:13 am  #2

Re: The teaser trailer.

It seems there might be some overlap/crossposting with "The Special - the game is on [spoilers]" thread.

Credit to where it is due, I started a new thread because apparently kebab shop scenes are fair game for thread titles and I didn't want things to get muddled up within a thread with spoilers (Plus it didn't show up in a search).

Here's the appaent message prior to it being played at 'Comic-Con':

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

July 10, 2015 3:21 am  #3

I think it's good to have a separate thread for discussions of the teaser, as there may be people who are happy to see officially released photos or clips but don't want to see any setlock photos etc., which is kinda how I feel (although I'm occasionally tempted to take a peek)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 10, 2015 6:48 am  #4

I am fine with that. Here is a transcript of the teaser:

http://gosherlocked.tumblr.com/post/123707694386/sherlock-special

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 10, 2015 7:14 am  #5

Thank for posting the link to the transcript, Susi.
Had a few problems to understand everything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 10, 2015 10:28 am  #6

I loved it!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 10, 2015 10:34 am  #7

Ah, "the dog one"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 10, 2015 12:46 pm  #8

SusiGo wrote:

Thank you for that!! It helps a lot!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

July 10, 2015 3:10 pm  #9

Oh my gosh, that teaser was great but I couldn't believe it was already over.  While I have read a couple of the books, I don't think you necessarily need to be an expert to get it.  I mean, a lot of Sherlock episodes are based on teh books or use things from them.  The writing of the stories is like the blogs, and the joke about not liking them and the banter with Mrs. Hudson I think can still be enjoyed whether you knew much about the original or not.  But we'll see what the episode is like.  It's looking good so far.  I love that the location is the same despite being in a different time period.
The ComiCon message was also pretty funny! I love their contemplation of using theatre work as a legitimate reason for absence, "very English"!

Clueing for looks.

July 10, 2015 7:08 pm  #10

kornmuhme wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Thank you for that!! It helps a lot!

Yes!    Yes yes yes…  quick-speaking Watson is hard to catch at the end.  Thanks.
I loved it!  A bit "tardy" in sharing the excitement, but both those clips they gave us were so awesome.  Grinning ear to ear at Andrew and seeing 221B and it's denizens much the same, yet different, and awesome switchover to Victorian and getting a glimpse of that good old world again.  Even with all the playful meta/nods to all different versions… makes you wonder what the tone of the whole thing will be like.
But swoon… Ben looks handsome…  Mrs. Hudson is awesome…  'I'm your landlady, not a plot device!' indeed! (and I love Loo's tweet excitement about seeing it for the first time too, and wanting to 'grow up to be Mrs. Hudson') and not many others mentioned, but..  ARCHIE!!!       (oh please say he'll be one of the Irregulars!) 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 15, 2015 8:21 pm  #11

True version of the teaser trailer:

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 15, 2015 8:24 pm  #12

OMG

Clueing for looks.

July 16, 2015 12:14 am  #13

wait, what do you mean "true version"? it's not what happened?

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 16, 2015 1:18 am  #14

* The video was great--loved the end.  Hadn't seen it yet so thanks for posting it here.
* Thanks also for posting the transcript--I enjoyed the trailer but couldn't quite catch what John said at the end so it was nice to be able to read it.
* So that's the real version, huh?!  Methinks there's something afoot... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

July 17, 2015 12:27 pm  #15

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 17, 2015 12:50 pm  #16

Dear god xD 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 17, 2015 1:08 pm  #17

LOL!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

July 17, 2015 3:22 pm  #18

July 17, 2015 3:26 pm  #19

I'd read those adventures.

July 17, 2015 3:29 pm  #20

Nice.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera