BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 15, 2015 7:36 am  #4781

Re: The comprehensive Johnlock guide (Johnlockers only)

This is quite interesting regarding the romantic trope it discusses. I do not know the show they mention, but I did not have to think long and hard to come up spontaneously with two examples from "Love, Actually" - Liam Neeson showing the video of his dead wife at the funeral and the best man - sorry, I forgot his name - putting together all the pics of Keira Knightley, his best friend's bride he is in love with. Clearly another romantic trope.

http://ageofaquitaine.tumblr.com/post/124133864845/its-sherlocks-missing-lover-footage

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 15, 2015 8:23 am  #4782

Oh, that's interesting, I never saw the scene this way! I always concentrated on John's grief.
Another example is the beginning of "Starman" with Jeff Bridges and Karen Allen.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 15, 2015 8:27 am  #4783

I have not seen this one but I am sure that there are even more examples. And it shows once again how they employ romantic tropes that make no sense in a b*******. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 15, 2015 8:30 am  #4784

BROMANCE? 

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 15, 2015 8:33 am  #4785

Tom Cruise in "Minority Report" is another example.
This is a great find, Susi! 

Last edited by SolarSystem (July 15, 2015 8:36 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 15, 2015 8:35 am  #4786

Mrshouse: Not in here, dear, not the B word. 

Yes, I like those things that cannot be explained away as 

a) gay joke
b) coincidence
c) the B word

July 15, 2015 8:47 am  #4787

Or d) just wanting everything to be gay and explicit without foundation.

July 15, 2015 8:49 am  #4788

Of course. That is the worst one. Must be crazy people like us who are completely delusional. 

July 15, 2015 9:05 am  #4789

Who do you mean exactly when you say "us"...? 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

July 15, 2015 9:06 am  #4790

Very interesting, indeed. I had never seen this scene quite in that way...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 15, 2015 9:08 am  #4791

SolarSystem wrote:

Who do you mean exactly when you say "us"...? 

Basically the amazing people who have been keeping this thread alive for more than a year and have made it into one of the most enjoyable threads in here. 

July 15, 2015 9:34 am  #4792

Sounds perfect. Let's have a joyful group hug! 

July 15, 2015 9:36 am  #4793

((()))

July 15, 2015 9:41 am  #4794

Can I partake in it?

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 15, 2015 9:43 am  #4795

Everybody can, Lily!
Johnlock group hug, everyone!
((((())))))))

July 15, 2015 10:11 am  #4796

In that case, lemme jump in!

((((((HUG))))))

July 15, 2015 10:19 am  #4797

Oh this is great! Love that take on the scene 

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

July 15, 2015 10:29 am  #4798

I'm honestly quite nervous to jump in since I don't really a fan of Johnlock, but I respect people who loves Johnlock. I wanted to say something, really, about what I did see on video of Johnlock. It was really sad and emotional (not sure if it's right word) and however, in the end, as for you all, it's a happiness of joy. I always skip the parts of smut ones as I am not really into these things, but I like to read or watch just hugging or laughing each other, as the brothers, to my views on them. Does anyone read or heard of "Dear John" on the Johnlock video and fan fiction? I just watched it last night, and it affected me so deeply by John's feelings about Sherlock brings back alive. (I don't want to spoil anymore if anyone never heard or read this before). Then when it finished, I looked at the fanficton from that video, and it has more details about whats happened. It's basically about dating site, it was the middle of the time of when Sherlock is away from the London to doing on the cases and writing an email or talk on chat online with John.
I'm not sure if anyone know this, but if anyone never see or heard of this before, I would be happy to share it with you. BUT first, I have to check of which one would like to see it. OR, you can find it on Youtube. Just type in "Dear John Johnlock" and you will see the picture of the video where you could see the silhouette heads of Sherlock and John. It's there.
My hands were shaking while I was typing this, because I don't really like to talk about it, but it's for the fans, not for me. It's something what did I see or read, so I would like to share with this.

"I like detective stories - and detectives. Brainy is the new sexy." - Irene Adler
"Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain....You're on the side of the angels." - Jim Moriarty

July 15, 2015 10:44 am  #4799

Don't be nervous, BabyRose.
Everything is alright, the video and fic you want to share with us is in the right spirit for this thread. (Though I remember there was a discussion about the sequel?)
It's just important to bear in mind that this is not a thread for discussion if there is johnlock, but we shamelessly drool in here. Anything you want to share with us in this sense is fine. 

July 15, 2015 10:50 am  #4800

Thank you, BabyRose, that is a wonderful and unusual video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qmq_ycQg5GA

Thanks for sharing it with us. 

You should know that it is absolutely fine not to support Johnlock. The warning in the title of this thread just means that this is not a place for discussing the "if" (for this we have the "official debate") but for people who see Johnlock and appreciate it. You are always welcome to share such finds as this one. 

Cross, mrshouse. 

Last edited by SusiGo (July 15, 2015 10:51 am)

Board footera