BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 11, 2015 8:55 pm  #1

Introducing yourself? That's so two years ago.

Good evening everyone.
My punctuation and grammar skills are limited because English is not my mother tongue, hence I decided to grow with the challenge of writing here. Apart from that, I'm boring as much as the next guy.

Likely I failed to fool you, detectives. English is not my mother tongue but I am mainly here, because I am a hopeless case of a nerd with extreme tendencies to everything Sherlock.
When I am not at school or learning for tests, I tend to be stuck to my camera and books.
Loads of books. Approximately 80 percent of it are fan fictions and sometimes I tend to forget that published works exist.

Aside from that, I feel like Sherlock sometimes. I don't have a mind palace and I far away from being genius, but my mind tends to never stop racing.
I enjoy thinking and gathering new knowledge far to much for my own good.
One of my goals for the future is to work as a paramedic in a developing country.
16. Male. Germany. Undercover agent. So, enough personal information.

Now I'm going to devour this brilliant place of Fandom and spread my strange sense of humour.

Last edited by a_maze (July 11, 2015 8:57 pm)

July 11, 2015 9:06 pm  #2

Re: Introducing yourself? That's so two years ago.

Herzlich willkommen, a_maze. Here are lots of non-native speaker and your English seems fine to me. Have fun! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 11, 2015 11:21 pm  #3

Welcome to you, a_maze!
Do ingest all you can on the forum -and to hell with digesting !

-Lily

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

July 12, 2015 7:57 am  #4

Welcome, a_maze. Hope you like it here. What kind of fanfics do you like to read?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 12, 2015 5:11 pm  #5

A warm welcome to you! You are male? That's an interesting fact - what fascinates you esp. about the BBC Sherlock series?
Enjoy exploring the forum and discussing!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

July 12, 2015 5:14 pm  #6

Willkommen! Hello and welcome to the forum. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 12, 2015 6:23 pm  #7

Hello, a_maze!! Welcome to the Sherlock Forum!! Hope you will enjoy looking around on here!! :D

"I like detective stories - and detectives. Brainy is the new sexy." - Irene Adler
"Every fairy tale needs a good old-fashioned villain....You're on the side of the angels." - Jim Moriarty

July 12, 2015 6:45 pm  #8

Hello and welcome.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

July 12, 2015 7:07 pm  #9

Sorry I'm a little late to the party, but welcome! You're not the only one here whose first language isn't English, so it's OK if your English isn't perfect.  I hope you enjoy your time here.

Clueing for looks.

July 13, 2015 9:31 pm  #10

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone.

@Lilythiell: I see what you did there...

@ukaunz: Difficult question. Truth to be told: I can't name THAT common factor.
Some things that I don't like:
- too much (detailed) sexual content (gen was invented by me!)
- not enough plot and/or tension
- endlessly extended content without additional value for the general story
- omegaverse (; did I mention too much sexual content?)
I don't reject AU or crack a priori and some of my favourite fanfics are quite lunatic.

@kornmuhme: What exactly is interesting about that? I think it's quite a boring fact.
As mentioned previously, I tend to relate to the main characters.
Also, I am fascinated by the outstanding acting skills and the necessity to think for oneself.
Some of the German users may know 'Tatort' as it's a rather popular crime series in Germany.
I can't help myself but think about how Sherlock would sit in front of the TV and yell at the detectives (and so he does in some fanfics...).
There are so many little things that I like about the BBC adaptation:
- Moriarty is quite the right amount of a psycho to be imaginable but nevertheless horrifying.
- There isn't that dull overacting of emotions everywhere.
- I don't laugh at many shows, but I can't control myself (even) after (the tenth time) rewatching an Sherlock episode.
- The Fandom is mind-blowing (creative).

So essentially, there are many reasons but I can't put my finger on THE one.

@everyone: Thank you again for all the cordial welcome.

Last edited by a_maze (July 14, 2015 11:41 am)

July 14, 2015 8:33 am  #11

a_maze wrote:

@reluctant: What exactly is interesting about that? I think it's quite a boring fact.
As mentioned previously, I tend to relate to the main characters.
Also, I am fascinated by the outstanding acting skills and the necessity to think for oneself.
Some of the German users may know 'Tatort' as it's a rather popular crime series in Germany.
I can't help myself but think about how Sherlock would sit in front of the TV and yell at the detectives (and so he does in some fanfics...).
There are so many little things that I like about the BBC adaptation:
- Moriarty is quite the right amount of a psycho to be imaginable but nevertheless horrifying.
- There isn't that dull overacting of emotions everywhere.
- I don't laugh at many shows, but I can't control myself (even) after (the tenth time) rewatching an Sherlock episode.
- The Fandom is mind-blowing (creative).

So essentially, there are many reasons but I can't put my finger on THE one.

I think this is addressed to me. No need to be insulted. I just find it interesting to have a male forum member on board. I've strolled through a lot of different (fan) forums and I've rarely met any males there. So I was just surprised.
By the way, I love watching certain kind of "Tatort" cases - although I'd agree with you, Sherlock would only be mocking :-).

July 14, 2015 12:29 pm  #12

kornmuhme wrote:

I think this is addressed to me. No need to be insulted. I just find it interesting to have a male forum member on board. I've strolled through a lot of different (fan) forums and I've rarely met any males there. So I was just surprised.
By the way, I love watching certain kind of "Tatort" cases - although I'd agree with you, Sherlock would only be mocking :-).

I failed at addressing you and to explain my attitude right. Sorry about that.
I didn't feel insulted (and I hope that I didn't insult anyone). Rather I was and am simply curious because you're not the first person who mentioned that fact.
Attempt at an understandable explanation:
It's not really interesting for me, if a person is male or female since I believe that differences within these groups are occasionally bigger than differences between these two groups.
Furthermore, I don't go along with the gender binary.
It's a bit complicated and I didn't want to bring this unwanted into the conversation since it's not my intention to cause a debate.
So mainly I was and am just curious about the origin(s) of your interest because I wasn't able to relate.
I do understand it all a bit more after your explanation. Thanks for that .

July 14, 2015 5:43 pm  #13

Welcome, a_maze, have fun strolling around here. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

July 14, 2015 8:58 pm  #14

a_maze wrote:

kornmuhme wrote:

I failed at addressing you and to explain my attitude right. Sorry about that.
I didn't feel insulted (and I hope that I didn't insult anyone). Rather I was and am simply curious because you're not the first person who mentioned that fact.
Attempt at an understandable explanation:
It's not really interesting for me, if a person is male or female since I believe that differences within these groups are occasionally bigger than differences between these two groups.
Furthermore, I don't go along with the gender binary.
It's a bit complicated and I didn't want to bring this unwanted into the conversation since it's not my intention to cause a debate.
So mainly I was and am just curious about the origin(s) of your interest because I wasn't able to relate.
I do understand it all a bit more after your explanation. Thanks for that .

Everything's alright, thanks for explaining! Love, peace and harmony *ggg*

October 19, 2015 2:06 pm  #15

Good morning, and hello!

I am Ben's Grizzie. On other forums and sites, I go by Grizzie or Grizabellamom, so you might have heard of me...or you may have not! :-P I have been a fan of Ben for about 4 1/2 years, but I've been in love with ACD's Sherlock since I could read and understand mysteries, which is much longer than I care to admit!

I am a mother of one fully grown (at least to her) child who lives on her own in another state and has lived apart from me for the last 5 1/2 years. I live in the DMV area of the US (DC, Maryland, Virginia) and work for the illustrious United States Naval Academy. In my spare time when I'm not trying to bash out a story that seems somewhat coherent and beautiful in my eyes, I seem to watch a lot of television, garden in the spring to fall and go to a LOT of rock concerts (hard core hard rock, thanks!). I take care of a gorgeous house for my two roommates while they travel all over the country for work.

Can't wait to see what this site provides! Can't wait to meet more people from this site that has already proved to be interesting.

BTW, real name is Stephanie...so, like...HI!

October 19, 2015 5:18 pm  #16

Hi Stephanie. 
What a nice introduction. It seems you've found the right place. Have fun. And lots of.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

October 19, 2015 7:30 pm  #17

Hello Grizzie/Stephanie, welcome to the forum, enjoy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 19, 2015 8:07 pm  #18

Hello to both of you! Welcome. This place is great and I hope you enjoy it!!! 

October 20, 2015 5:11 am  #19

Welcome to the forum! I am so happy you decided to join us, Steph!

And: yay, just one more post and you can write PMs, I think!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera