BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 10, 2015 2:24 am  #1

Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz

It is an interesting and fun read for anyone who enjoys the written stories of Sherlock Holmes and enjoys reflecting upon what makes those stories so interesting and appealing.

I can't say much more without giving away too much, but I would say it is a worthy entrant to the non-ACD titles which are accepted by the community.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

July 10, 2015 7:15 am  #2

Re: Moriarty by Anthony Horowitz

It's on my list already.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

July 10, 2015 7:35 am  #3

Sounds great! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

July 25, 2015 8:13 pm  #4

I just read "The House of Silk" by him and loved it!
It's not the original, but it feels pretty close. He is a good writer,
and he has the right approach.

I often thought it would be fun to share some books here.
Is any of you at bookcrossing, by any chance? It's the place where
I usually swap books, and I wonder if we could do sth similar here...
send a book round to some people, and then discuss it :-)
E.g. the originals, or also other interesting works...

Last edited by Whisky (July 25, 2015 8:18 pm)

"It is what it is."

August 11, 2015 12:54 pm  #5

I am going to read this! How did I miss this thread. Hi m0r1arty! Long time no see! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 11, 2016 4:51 pm  #6

Saw this thread in the listing and realised I hadn't contributed.
I enjoyed the book, but didn't think it was quite as good as The House of Silk, which is just outstanding.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera