BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2012 7:33 pm  #1

Good Evening from Sardinia

Good evening everyone, I'm Frankie, I'm British but now live on the island of Sardinia ( Italy), a lifelong fan of the Sherlock Holmes books and a recent fan of our fab Sherlock which only hit Italian TV last year. And I'm probably as old as Mrs Hudson but we won't worry about that...

March 20, 2012 10:34 pm  #2

Re: Good Evening from Sardinia

Ciao Frankie,
so nice that you found us! Did you get to know Sherlock in a dubbed Italian version on your TV or in the original version? (I myself am suffering from the German version though the script isn't too bad at all...)
Have fun with us!
btw: Mrs. Hudson is SO far from being old - don't even think of worrying!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 20, 2012 10:45 pm  #3

Hi Tobe...Luckily I had the option on our TV to watch it in the original - so glad I didn't miss out on that wonderful BC voice, plus the brilliant writing. Have you seen any of the original as well as the German version? How we suffer in Europe, I can't see me surviving until the next series on a diet of Tempeste d'Amore! Looking forward to being part of this forum and I should have mentioned that I found it today via Sherlockology on the Book of Faces. Thanks for the welcome 

March 20, 2012 11:07 pm  #4

I watched the German version twice when series one aired here last summer. But after having watched the originals I refrain from ever watching the dubbed version again - unless at gunpoint...
Apart from the unique voices of Benedict and Martin (their German voices sound like some freaked out 12-year-olds!)
Sherlock and John are still using the formal form of address - even at the very end of the pool scene - soooo ridiculous! I wonder whether they will change this in series 2! In German TV there is a rule for dubbing, namely that a pair (male/female that is!) won't change to informal address not earlier than their first kiss... Living together and having saved each other's lives several times doesn't count obviously! So I don't actually hold too much hope for a more adequate behaviour for our poor dubbed boys...

Last edited by tobeornot221b (March 20, 2012 11:08 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 20, 2012 11:48 pm  #5

Welcome Frankie!
I find it so interesting that you're living in Italy. :D I love the international feel of this forum. Oh, and btw, I'm probably closer to Mrs Hudson's age than Irene Adler's! ;D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moriarty: "How hard do you find it? Having to say 'I don't know' ?"
Sherlock: "I don't know."
Moriarty: "Oh that's clever, that's very clever, awfully clever."

March 21, 2012 12:25 am  #6

Hi Frankie - Glad you could join us! We have quite a few older members here I think so you're in good company...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 21, 2012 10:53 am  #7

Buongiorno Frankie!

We really do have a wonderfully colourful spread of people here.

Welcome to the forums and please share all your thoughts on Sherlock.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

March 21, 2012 11:13 am  #8

Hello Frankie

welcome to the forum :D

© unreasonablyme

I don't need a superheroes... I need hero just like Holmes. :3

March 21, 2012 3:39 pm  #9

Ciao!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 21, 2012 6:10 pm  #10

Tobe - I had no idea about the TV rule for formal address, I'm wondering if that exists here in Italy, but how bizarre is that?! Thanks to everyone else for the lovely welcome, I feel like I'm settled on that leather chersterfield at 221B already!

Board footera