BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2015 8:30 pm  #21

Re: Game: Guess the name of the baby

ancientsgate wrote:

Is there a thread somewhere already set up for this topic?

For which topic, sorry?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 25, 2015 8:44 pm  #22

I don't think we are entitled to anything of his personal life, to be honest. I don't think being famous means he owes us anything of his private life. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

June 25, 2015 9:16 pm  #23

I agree, Vhanja.  He's famous because of his work, which is freely available for viewing, and he talks about it in interviews, etc.  His private life is his own business, and it's up to him how much he wants to share. 

June 25, 2015 10:06 pm  #24

I agree. I do not think we need a thread to discuss his private life. There is so much insane stuff going around that we should keep away from this. Respecting his privacy is something I very much appreciate about this board.  

Last edited by SusiGo (June 25, 2015 10:08 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 26, 2015 1:22 am  #25

IMO, any public figure will never have a 100% "private" life. Whether someone's a politician, a news personality, or someone in the entertainment biz, none of them will ever be able to shield themselves 100% from public scrutiny. A lot of other (mostly American, I suppose) Hollywood celebs seem to be able to handle putting a tiny bit of their family life out there for their fans to enjoy viewing. I'm sad that this fandom is apparently so damaged that the Cumberbatches apparently can't even trust us with their kid's name. Whatever. I'm moving on now.

Last edited by ancientsgate (June 26, 2015 1:23 am)

June 26, 2015 9:46 am  #26

No, Ben will possibly never again have a 100% private life, you’re right. He knew that could happen if you agree to play Sherlock Holmes, when you work with Steven Spielberg, when you join the Star Trek franchise. I don’t think Ben is stupid; he knew that there is a drawback when you go for the big parts. If he had wanted to be sure that stuff never happened he could have stayed in theatre and small British productions and be fine. Ben had a choice and he chose this path, even if he chose it for the roles and just had to pay the price of fame, it was still his choice. But, that was Ben’s choice, not his family’s and least of all his son’s. Sophie had a choice for herself, she could have chosen not to marry Ben, she could have chosen to not accompany him on the red carpets. She chose to marry him and be at his side for the big events, so yes, to a certain degree, she too will just have to live with the consequences of Ben’s choices. But their son had not choice whatsoever. He was just (and by the way still very recently) born into this. So no, we – as a fandom - are not entitled to know anything about this child. Not his name, not his birthday, not his face. Maybe, when he is older, he will join his parents on the red carpet, maybe his parents will choose to show the world a picture of their little baby boy, maybe when/if he is christened we will know his name, maybe his dad will let it slip in an interview. If any of this happens, that is good, if not, that is good, too. I am just glad to see that a large proportion of the fandom seems to be as protective about this child as it once was (and in large parts still is) about his father.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

June 26, 2015 10:08 am  #27

I don't think Ben will have a problem sharing the name of his son, but I don't see why that has to be done immediately. Their son have just been born, they have more than enough with getting to know him and letting their closest friends and family in on this. Why should he rush out to the press to announce the name? We will probably learn it next time he holds an interview. For now, this time is for him and his closest family only. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

June 26, 2015 12:12 pm  #28

I'm certain we will eventually know the name of LittleBatch.  Even as private as Martin is we still know the names of his children.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 26, 2015 3:19 pm  #29

LittleBatch! How cute! 

Team Hudders!

June 26, 2015 4:41 pm  #30

Vhanja wrote:

LittleBatch! How cute! 

I'll call him that even after we know his name. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 26, 2015 7:04 pm  #31

tonnaree wrote:

I'm certain we will eventually know the name of LittleBatch.  Even as private as Martin is we still know the names of his children.

Maybe. Time will tell. The names of Martin's children were common knowledge well before he became Big Stuff, after all. Little Batch makes as much sense as anything else, given the dearth of real info.

July 4, 2015 11:02 am  #32

Sorry, but I don't understand what happen in this topic. But I think that it is very strange, because we considered the son of Benedict Cumberbatch like a Prince of England. That's strange...But I think that it is amazing to devine what it is the name of his son...even if I think that Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter have multiple choices and they are free. 

July 4, 2015 11:46 pm  #33

Emy Klevers wrote:

Sorry, but I don't understand what happen in this topic. But I think that it is very strange, because we considered the son of Benedict Cumberbatch like a Prince of England. ... 

That's because Benedict IS the current King of England.So LittleBatch IS,,,, er....

No, wait, that was Sherlock.

Ah no, he wasn't either.

Forget what I said. *giggles*

But to be serious: I don't really understand what all the fuss is about, either.
We don't have a name and we don't know if or when they will tell us.
So why not back to topic: Guess the name of the baby! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 5, 2015 2:21 pm  #34

The title says Game, so don't take it too seriously, it's for fun 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera