BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2015 8:46 am  #21

Re: Poet Richard Siken

Why not? The diffculty is not the vocabulary as such. If you like to read "anspruchsvolle" poetry in German, you should have a go. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 15, 2015 2:42 pm  #22

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 24, 2015 6:38 am  #23

Thanks to Susi, I also read "Crush" now.

And I agree with your favourite line, Susi. Absolutely beautiful, once again:
“There’s a niche in his chest where a heart would fit perfectly and he thinks if he could just maneuver one into place - well then, game over.”
(from 'Road Music')

I really liked "Seasisde Improvisation" and "A Primer for the Small Weird Loves" which definitely was the most moving part for me.

P.S.: Did he post on AO3 already?

Last edited by gently69 (April 24, 2015 6:52 am)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 24, 2015 8:33 am  #24

I do not think he did. Would have been a big occasion on tumblr. 

I will have to look at them again. There are some very beautiful passages in the poems. 

April 24, 2015 11:52 am  #25

I just got my copy.  Going to read over the weekend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

June 15, 2015 9:29 pm  #26

Does anybody know what happened to his fic?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 16, 2015 6:55 am  #27

I was thinking the same. I have not seen him on tumblr for quite some time. Writer's block? 

June 16, 2015 9:34 am  #28

I've started to suspect a fiddle...=/ It was so well timed with his release of his new book (like just a weak or so before). I mean all johnlockers went crazy! I heard people who support johnlock talking about buying all his books (not that they're not good cuz they are), lots of talking about him in the fandom...must have been a major upswing in publicity for him. And then the book release and then...nothing. I mean it could totaly be just writers block, and I'm hoping that's what it is, but I find it strange with all the fan interaction before to just nothing at all now. Not even an update on the progress or the lack of...

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

June 16, 2015 9:36 am  #29

I see what you mean. Quite a bad thing to do, if it was true. I hope it is not. 

June 16, 2015 9:50 am  #30

If so, his next books might not sell that well 

But we still don't know, and I want to hope for a better reason 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

June 16, 2015 9:51 am  #31

I just had a look. The last post mentioning him writing his slash fanfic is form 23 April. So there is still hope. But if it was a publicity stunt, I just hope that book sales will drop into the abyss. 

June 16, 2015 9:59 am  #32

Don't mess with fandom - right 

Ahem - back to serious... You think there is still hope and so do I.

June 16, 2015 1:18 pm  #33

I'm hoping for it to come sometime soon too  Wouldn't it be great if it turns up right at the end of Pride week!? ;)

-Could you whisper...?
-NOT REALLY!!

June 16, 2015 1:19 pm  #34

Oh, yes, that would be lovely. 

Board footera