BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2012 6:03 pm  #1

Can we subscribe to an individual forum or sub-forum?

For example, I would like to be notified when there's any activity (new thread, new post) on the Martin Freeman sub-forum, but I haven't been able to find any way of requesting that service.  This feature does exist on some other forums that I belong to, so I'm hoping that I'm just overlooking something here.

Thanks!

July 27, 2012 6:37 pm  #2

Re: Can we subscribe to an individual forum or sub-forum?

That's a good point. Perhaps PM SherlockHolmes the Boss and see if it is possible. I tend to go straight to the areas that I'm particularly interested in when I first log on and new posts are highlighted with the magnifying glass icon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 7:22 pm  #3

At the bottom  of  each thread you post in,  there's a  "notify me when someone posts to this topic"   What happens when you click on that?   Is that what you mean  Carol?   sorry davina--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 27, 2012 7:32 pm  #4

That "Notify" link should send an email to you when something is posted. To have it work correctly, ensure your email address you have given when you signed up is relevant & working AND I would do a test run on that by clicking it in a 'fast moving'' thread. Once notification you receive of the test one, you can turn off that feature for that thread & have it only on the ones you want it on.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

July 28, 2012 1:37 am  #5

Thanks for your suggestions, everyone.

The thread subscriptions do work nicely, and I'm using them.  What I'm asking about is a subscription to an entire forum or sub-forum, so that I would be notified of any new threads there (or new posts on any existing thread).

Just wondering if there's currently a way to do that.

July 28, 2012 7:25 pm  #6

Oh  I see.   I  haven't  noticed that feauture yet.   I'm  sure the mods will look into it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 29, 2012 4:15 pm  #7

Hi there. I've looked into this and it's only possible to subscribe to individual threads, not whole forums. Sorry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 29, 2012 6:02 pm  #8

Thanks!  It's helpful to know that.

July 31, 2012 11:15 am  #9

I would like to be notified where Benedict is at all times when he is in America so I can arrange to bump into him and force him to take scads of photos with me SH, kazza, Davina, can you arrange that? Can we place a GPS tracker on him?

Disguise is always a self portrait

Board footera