BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2015 2:33 am  #1

Solar Superstorms and Supervolcanoes

This article http://www.universetoday.com/120606/this-video-about-solar-superstorms-is-narrated-by-benedict-cumberbatch-and-it-looks-awesome/ popped up on google today, so I thought it was something new, but upon further research I think Benedict did these a couple of years ago. Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, I did a search but nothing came up.

Last edited by ukaunz (June 3, 2015 2:53 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 4, 2015 6:57 am  #2

Re: Solar Superstorms and Supervolcanoes

It sounded to me as though the show is only just now going out to planetariums, but I could be wrong, of course. Should be pretty spectacular!

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

June 4, 2015 7:56 pm  #3

Re: Solar Superstorms and Supervolcanoes

*curiously clicks, thinking 'cool, sciency planetarium stuff and Ben!'*  *promptly zones out from what it's about, in The Voice*  ;P  ;D

But honestly, cool.  He's just in demand for narrating, isn't he?  We're lucky to have an awesome domed Omnimax theater in a museum the next city over, which is great as a kid seeing various science movies on such a huge, surrounding scale.  Adding Benedict's rumbly voice to big fiery solar storms?  Whew… 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera