BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 9, 2015 2:13 am  #1

hello people <3

Hello people! my name is Mariana (mari) and I'm a -very- young Brazilian. I've never been that person who loves TV Series, but BBC Sherlock actually is an exception. 

I watched ASiP exactly one week ago and liked all the things; In early 2014 I've heard about johnlock and, curious as I am, I googled about it. Can't believe it took more than one year for me to watch the Series. But well, I think it's never too late to get involved.

I had time to watch all the episodes (finished it last Tuesday) and read some TJLC things, what made me fall in love with johnlock. Maybe you think it's too early to call me as a "fan"? I don't know, I have no problem with this but I'm really in love with all I've seen! (My first contact w/ the "Sherlock Holmes" thing, unfortunately I haven't read any books of Conan Doyle or watched the movies)

May 9, 2015 6:23 am  #2

Re: hello people <3

Hello Mari, welcome to forum. You should definitely read some of the original stories, it's wonderful to see, what the writers have done with it. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

May 9, 2015 10:16 am  #3

Hello mari! So, you're new, aren't you? Welcome, to both the fandom and the forum! Don't worry, we're all friendly here

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 10, 2015 2:26 am  #4

mrshouse wrote:

Hello Mari, welcome to forum. You should definitely read some of the original stories, it's wonderful to see, what the writers have done with it. 

thank you ^^ I'm really thinking I'll start to read the books!
-

Lilythiell wrote:

Hello mari! So, you're new, aren't you? Welcome, to both the fandom and the forum! Don't worry, we're all friendly here

hi! yes, I'm new. Thank you so much!! nice to meet you

May 10, 2015 7:20 am  #5

Welcome, Mari! Nice to have you around 
I didn't read much of the canon either (not my cuppa), but found it very interesting in comparison to BBC Sherlock.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

May 10, 2015 1:41 pm  #6

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy.  I have not read a lot of the original stories, just two of the books, but it is fun to read and see how they were used to create the series, like Harriet said.

Last edited by Yitzock (May 10, 2015 1:41 pm)

Clueing for looks.

May 11, 2015 1:18 pm  #7

Harriet wrote:

Welcome, Mari! Nice to have you around 
I didn't read much of the canon either (not my cuppa), but found it very interesting in comparison to BBC Sherlock.

thank you, nice to meet ya!! I don't know lots of things buuuut I really will search about the canon ;)

Yitzock wrote:

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy.  I have not read a lot of the original stories, just two of the books, but it is fun to read and see how they were used to create the series, like Harriet said.

thank you!! It seems like the people here is very nice, really. I don't usually read a lot of books but...

May 15, 2015 11:39 am  #8

Hello and welcome to the forum Mari! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 16, 2015 9:31 pm  #9

Davina wrote:

Hello and welcome to the forum Mari!

thank you ^-^

May 31, 2015 1:56 pm  #10

Have fun  Welcome

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

Board footera