BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 14, 2014 10:51 am  #1

The Help Thread

I was thinking... I suppose we all need help with random things once in a while? Why not have a threat to help each other?

I need a bit of assistance right now... For some very silly research (I can't tell too much...) But does anyone have some pictures of Cliff Richards from around 1988 to 1989? 

I tried to google it, but I haven't had much luck finding something specific 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 30, 2015 6:07 pm  #2

Re: The Help Thread

I don't have pictures for you, sorry,
but I like the idea of a help thread :-)

"It is what it is."

January 30, 2015 7:03 pm  #3

Phantom,

I really like the idea of this thread.  Probably stems from the fact that I trained at a certain point in my life as a reference librarian for schools and worked a lot in librarys in my younger years to earn spending money.

I found this video of Sir Cliff Richard from his concert at Wembley Stadium from June of 1989.  There aren't great visuals but you can get an idea of what he looked like from it (I didn't watch the whole thing).  Also if you want more just google his name with this date (I think the poster of the video said the concert took place on June 16/17th).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD9Y5ncQnQs

I also found out that 1988 was the year that Sir Cliff Richard released his hit "Mistleoe and Wine" so if you connect that with his name in google images that might give you more pictures of him at that time.

Good luck in your search  - hope this helps.

-Val

Last edited by Ah-chie (January 31, 2015 8:44 pm)

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

January 31, 2015 6:37 pm  #4

Thank you so much Ah-chie!! That was just what I needed! 

I feel like my aunt when she complained to me "You can't ever find anything on google!!"
Usually I'm good at google searches, well I'd hope so... but this one was just tricky for me!

Thanks for the help! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

January 31, 2015 7:21 pm  #5

It's Cliff Richard. No S at the end of his name.  And he is a Sir.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 31, 2015 8:44 pm  #6

Sorry for the "s".  I'll go correct it right now.  Thanks for pointing that out.   I really don't know anything about him other than his name (and apparently I don't know that either! ) - not really my type of music.

I am glad though that I could help Phantom in her search. 

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

April 5, 2015 4:49 pm  #7

(I posted this in the photo thread some days ago but thought that nah I'll post it here instead)

Hi guys! I need your help with a thing. I just bought a new phone and I really want a phone case with a picture of Benedict as Sherlock with the text "not now John, I'm on a case" (I'm so funny I know), but idk what pic to choose. So I thought, where can I find beautiful pictures of Ben as Sherlock if not in this forum. So if you have a picture of Sherlock that is capable to work on a phone case with the text above, I would be so happy if you could post it!
To be capapble to work on a case the photo needs to be in high quality and with some space around Ben, otherwise the case will be of his nose or something cause it gets quite zoomed in. I need all the ideas and options I can get, so help a friend out and I'll love you forever 

Last edited by batchlock (April 5, 2015 4:50 pm)

April 5, 2015 5:57 pm  #8

Do you need a finished image or a template for your own image processing? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 5, 2015 8:02 pm  #9

Just the template. I'll edit it myself

Last edited by batchlock (April 5, 2015 8:03 pm)

April 5, 2015 8:27 pm  #10

Nothing wrong about his nose, though - or his cheekbones, or his neck 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 5, 2015 8:44 pm  #11

Perhaps you might find something in here?
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=4823&p=1

April 5, 2015 9:59 pm  #12

Thank you Harriet, now I have many potential ones! I'd love to have one case for each body part I like on Ben, unfortunately I can't afford that many cases...

April 6, 2015 8:47 am  #13

LOLOL

May 28, 2015 10:02 pm  #14

I need some assistance!

I'm trying to buy presents for my Boyfriend's 31st Birthday... 

I have never bought presents for a man (other than the socks to Benedict)... and I'm completely clueless. 

The 'rule' is that it can't cost too much, like it must be really cheap... and it must be easy to send to Holland, meaning it can't be too heavy or big... and he asked for something he could use every day to remind him of me...

I tried to go through the local store with cheap 'cr*p' and I'm not impressed with my progress 
I got a rainbow Post-it block, a keychain with an M, which could also be a W for both our names, fridge magnets,  and since he always jokes about his hair I got him a little porcelain man that can grow grass 'hair'...

That's bad, that's really bad. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera