BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 30, 2012 3:36 pm  #21

Re: Violins, Phones etc. - How much accuracy do we need?

SusiGo wrote:

kazza474 wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Inspector Rex in Australia, that's really great. But now of course I'm wondering about the boobs and willies .

Breasts and penises.
We don't have a lot of that on our TV Down Under.

Er, I got your meaning  . I was just wondering which shows you were hinting at. Didn't know we had so much of these in Europe  .

Susi, I can't believe I missed this post from you! You must have thought I was ignoring you. I have just been so caught up on the Fav Sherloc/Benny Pics thread that I missed this one. Apologies.

Okay, Australian tv shows about as much nudity as British tv, that is, not much. There may be the occasional boob shot on a more prestigious show, but now that I think about it, I can't really remember any in recent times. Kazza, how about you? And I don't think there has ever been an Aussie penis shown.

TV shows made in Europe seem a lot more relaxed about such issues. SBS, the tv station mentioned before, is famous, some would say notorious, for showing European programs with naughty bits. In fact, if you mention that you watched a show on SBS the reaction is generally "ooh, you naughty thing"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

July 30, 2012 9:41 pm  #22

Re: Violins, Phones etc. - How much accuracy do we need?

I was amazed to see SH "deducing" chemical formulas of unknown compounds (Hound) using a microscope. While I understand the writers reluctance to have the show become "CSI Sherlock" I think that kind of analysis is really out of the ballpark. Get the guy some 2012 science equipment, say at least PCR machine and maybe an HPLC. You can buy them on Ebay from defunct biotech labs. Have him park 'em in the kitchen next to the microwave. Lord knows every lab I've ever seen has a mircowave oven. I don't think that's asking too much (writers take note!) from us SH AND science geeks.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I killed people"   "You're a Doctor!"    "I had bad days..."

Board footera