BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 8, 2015 4:33 am  #1

Red Nose Day live three hour benefit TV special

Exclusive: Benedict Cumberbatch Set for NBC's 'Red Nose Day'
"Sir Ian McKellen and Orlando Bloom will also appear on at the star-studded event."

This sounds like a fun tv event for Benedict to be involved in, as well as great fund-raising for the charities. I wonder if they will pair the two Holmeses for a sketch like they did with the two Bonds? I have read elsewhere that Eddie Redmayne and the Game of Thrones cast will also be appearing. It will definitely be an entertaining programme

The event airs from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET May 21 on NBC. I will have to find out if it will air here in Australia. Hopefully it won't be full of ad breaks every five minutes. I wonder how different it will be to the previous UK versions of the show?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 8, 2015 4:43 am  #2

Re: Red Nose Day live three hour benefit TV special

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 8, 2015 7:19 am  #3

I do not expect Benedict to be there in person because of the impending birth of his child. Maybe he will participate via video or live connection. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 8, 2015 7:25 am  #4

Yes of course he would rather stay at home at this important time for his family A live video uplink is most likely although they might even pre-record some of the sketches...

May 8, 2015 11:44 am  #5

I had the same idea about him having to do it remotely...

But what a lovely thing to be involved in! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 6, 2021 1:36 pm  #6

https://youtu.be/C9mqyedwvWY
This year's video for The Red Nose Day.

Board footera