BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 5, 2015 8:38 am  #1601

Re: Johnlock Fic Recs *warning - adult content*

Vhanja wrote:

I just read that fic today, tonnaree. I found it so sweet and funny that I had a look at what other stuff cwb has written - which lead to me posting this recommandation:

Little Wee by cwb
Sherlock and John have a measuring contest. Yup, exactly what you think. I laughed so hard at this fic that my cheeks are hurting. Darn, this woman can write!

A wonderfully wicked fic! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 8, 2015 4:47 pm  #1602

How about a little sweet teenlock to break your heart?

"I just want you to do me no good"  
by GubraithianFire

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3482516?view_adult=true

...and it's short companion:

"I want to be yours."

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3702861

New author.  Wouldn't mind if she continued these.

Last edited by tonnaree (April 8, 2015 4:52 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 8, 2015 8:37 pm  #1603

Quite right, tonnaree. This fic did break my heart. Well, produced even more pieces (how can it still be in one piece after oh-so-many fics, and such excruciatingly long waits?) is more accurate.
I've only read the first one you suggested, but I will certainly read the sequel.
Thanks for the rec

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 8, 2015 8:45 pm  #1604

Sounds really good. I will try them as well. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 8, 2015 10:54 pm  #1605

Read I wanna be yours, and...Yep, definitely heart breaking.
Hoping for a sequel, now.

Last edited by Lilythiell (April 8, 2015 10:56 pm)

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 23, 2015 7:48 pm  #1606

I came across a wonderful fic today that I thought I'd share.

Half-Cocked by AtlinMerrick
Rating: Explicit

This is a four-chapter wonderful thing of it's own. I haven't read anything like it, really. Short summary could be something like:

John has bought Sherlock a present for their bedroom activities, but it might not be what Sherlock thinks it is.

This fic masters the art of being equally part sexy hot, incredibly warn and romantic and also very, very witty and funny. Not in a silly way - this is really hot and romantic - but in a very witty way. Her writing is amazing, but it might not be a style that suits everyone. I loved every single sentence, and several times she surprised me with something so funny I laughed out loud. 

Don't be scared by the title or the start of the first chapter - this isn't a hardcore kink fic. I was just as surprised as Sherlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 29, 2015 6:54 am  #1607

Anyone reading any WIPs right now that are updating on a fairly regular basis? My two favs right now would have to be All The Rest (Of What I Want)and The Burning Life.

April 29, 2015 7:02 am  #1608

I am reading "Only by the heart" by prettyvk.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3574907

That's my only WIP right now besides "All The Best And Brightest Creatures" which is perfect but not updated on "a fairly regular basis".

Edit: Thinking of my own 16-years-old pupils I don't think "The Burning Life" will work for me.

Last edited by Schmiezi (April 29, 2015 7:04 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 29, 2015 8:36 pm  #1609

Schmiezi wrote:

I am reading "Only by the heart" by prettyvk.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3574907

That's my only WIP right now besides "All The Best And Brightest Creatures" which is perfect but not updated on "a fairly regular basis".

Edit: Thinking of my own 16-years-old pupils I don't think "The Burning Life" will work for me.

Ahh, yes. I could imagine that might not be quite the cup of tea for a teacher.

May 6, 2015 1:51 pm  #1610

Just discovered this one by cwb. 
It's got hot sex, tooth rotting fluff and deep feels.
what more could you ask for? 

Where Else Would I Be? by cwb

Summary:
[quote888]John and Sherlock's five-year-old granddaughter spends the weekend with them in Sussex. Sherlock happily indulges her whims, and John takes care of them while quietly revisiting the past thirty years of their lives together.

[/quote888]

[/quote888]

Last edited by tonnaree (May 6, 2015 1:52 pm)

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 6, 2015 1:54 pm  #1611

Thank you, I have it already on my reader. Will be my next. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 7, 2015 12:12 am  #1612

What in God's name possessed me to try out The Burning Life...? I thought I'd enjoy it -that kind of reading was strangely appealing as a teen. But, as a teacher, it's definitely not.
What have I done?

Oh, I'm currently reading part I of There But For The Grace Of John Watson... and LOVING it immensely. It's a shame I have to sleep, really -and that I've come to the decision to be a grown up and be reasonable...though, how long will *that* last, one can only wonder.

May 7, 2015 1:29 am  #1613

My most recent fan fic subscription is for scullyseviltwin's "It Figures", it's just getting started, only 3 chapters up so far. It's supposed to be a "You've Got Mail" AU. So far I'm enjoying it!

I tried reading "There But For The Grace Of John Watson" since everyone seems to love it, but didn't get pass the first chapter. It just didn't grab me right away. Maybe I'll have to give it another go tonight. I know sometimes if you stick with a fic it'll grow on ya.

May 7, 2015 11:39 am  #1614

I really enjoyed "Grace" and "The Boys of Baker Street."   But I haven't started the 3rd part because it hasn't;been up dated in so long.  I know the author has had some rough times of late and I don't hold it against her.  I just don't want to get emotionally invested until I know there's an end in sight.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 7, 2015 2:07 pm  #1615

The Grace-series is one of my all-time favorites. (Only beaten by the Paradox-series).

She is sort of back on track now, though, the author of Grace. I do know what you mean, but I recommend reading it still. It takes the series in a whole new direction, focusing more on Sherlock than John this time around. I found it incredibly interesting.

Last edited by Vhanja (May 7, 2015 2:07 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

May 8, 2015 2:35 am  #1616

I just started "Novel" by lifeonmars the other night and it updated today. It's an AU where John is a struggling writer and Sherlock is a consulting editor. It's actually really interesting, I feel like I haven't read anything quite like it. So far it's not slash and only has a teen rating, but it does have Sherlock/John listed as a relationship and it's only 4 chapters so far so who knows where it may go.

It seems like a lot of you guys on here are writers yourselves so I thought this might be a good one to pass along.

Also just generally curious, how often do you guys search for new fics? I'm honestly on AO3 a couple times a day trying to get my fix. If there was a rehab for Johnlock fan fic I'm 150% sure my husband would have sent me off a long time ago.

May 8, 2015 7:51 am  #1617

myrindaside wrote:

Also just generally curious, how often do you guys search for new fics? I'm honestly on AO3 a couple times a day trying to get my fix. If there was a rehab for Johnlock fan fic I'm 150% sure my husband would have sent me off a long time ago.

I sub to a AO3 Johnlock update blog on Tumblr. Every Johnlock fic that gets posted AO3 gets automatically posted to that blog. So I check my Tumblr feed a few times a day. If I come across a fic that looks interesting, I will bookmark it for later.

Team Hudders!

May 8, 2015 11:45 am  #1618

myrindaside wrote:

I will admit I peak at AO3 almost everyday.  It's just part of my "Internet routine."  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 10, 2015 4:10 pm  #1619

For those of you loving on Nature & Nurture, earlgreytea has posted a sweet new tidbit.  I do hope she's going to continue with this plotline.

School
http://archiveofourown.org/chapters/8703766?show_comments=true&view_full_work=false#comment_29533024

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

May 10, 2015 6:15 pm  #1620

Thanks tonnaree! Hadn't seen it yet.
Ah, the school debate. With Sherlock. I've been waiting for that one!
I do hope she'll do more of those ficlets!

Board footera