BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 23, 2015 11:23 pm  #1

The Following

Does anyone watch The Following? It's such a creepy series, but I love it. Into it's third season now, but I'm still catching up with Season 2 when I can.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 24, 2015 11:57 am  #2

Re: The Following

I loved the first season!  But somehow fell behind.  I take it the second season is worth watching? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 25, 2015 5:13 pm  #3

The second season is very interesting as it delves into religious cult activity. I am now watching this new, third, season. Some disturbing stuff and I want to meet Joe Carroll again! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 28, 2015 8:45 pm  #4

You can get T-shirts that say "I follow Joe Carroll" on. I'm very tempted, especially seeing as most people probably won't realise that I'm pledging my allegiance to a psychopathic serial killer.

March 28, 2015 9:20 pm  #5

I had started watching it, and adored the idea. I mean a serial killer inspired by Poe's works...
But I fell behind, too -broadcast too late on the telly, and got so much on my mind that I wasn't able to catch enough time to watch it (because I'm a season a day kind of person, obviously...Just noticed how it can impede the number of TV series watched).
But I rather think I should start it all again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 28, 2015 10:27 pm  #6

You really should. I am enjoying season/series 3 so far but would really, really like Joe (James) to appear soon. The young guy playing the remnant of the twins (I always forget his name) is really good. He was in Dexter as well. Kevin Bacon never disappoints.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 28, 2015 11:36 pm  #7

No, I suppose he doesn't. And I suppose I will, hehe.
(on a side note, do British people use the expression "a series a day"? I've never seen it in any other form than "a season a day")

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 30, 2015 7:19 pm  #8

I've no idea what that expression even means, lol. Use it in the context of a sentence and I'll let you know.

April 30, 2015 7:33 pm  #9

I am a huge fan of this show too! I'm all caught up except for the most recent episode that just aired Monday. I loved season 1 and 2. At first I was a bit underwhelmed by the start of the 3rd season since Joe wasn't in very much of it and I think the best part of the series is the relationship between him and Ryan (very twisted). It feels like it's finally starting to pick up now with Theo becoming the main bad guy and Joe making more appearances.

May 1, 2015 11:36 am  #10

I am pretty much up to date now, just episode 10 to watch tomorrow when it is aired. I am really, really liking season 3. I agree about the lack of Joe (oh, James is such a fine thing) but I actually think this season is, in many ways, stronger than last. The new 'villain' is great and I love the relationship between Ryan and Joe (those dreams/day dreams).

May 5, 2015 11:02 pm  #11

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I've no idea what that expression even means, lol. Use it in the context of a sentence and I'll let you know.

So sorry not to have seen your reply earlier!
"A season a day" is short for "watching a season of a TV show in a day".
Does that help?

May 5, 2015 11:08 pm  #12

Lilythiell wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

So sorry not to have seen your reply earlier!
"A season a day" is short for "watching a season of a TV show in a day".
Does that help?

No, I don't think we have an actual shortened down expression for it like that. We would literally just say, "I watched an entire season in one day".

May 5, 2015 11:08 pm  #13

Also, I can't believe they killed Joe Carroll
*cries forever*

May 5, 2015 11:11 pm  #14

Blast, I've been spoilt
[incidentally, is that even correct?? Sounds...weird]
Well, I'll just delete that information, then

Thank you for your fast answer!

May 6, 2015 12:54 am  #15

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Also, I can't believe they killed Joe Carroll
*cries forever*

Well with this show you never know! I saw a lot of fans speculating that the executioner could have been a follower and Joe is just a great actor.

In any case he definitely lives on in Ryan's mind. I haven't watched the latest episode so not sure what else developed.

May 6, 2015 8:24 am  #16

It looks like Ryan is going a little crazy to be honest. I really hope that he's going to turn into some kind of crazed killer with dead Joe teaching him and urging him on.

May 6, 2015 3:20 pm  #17

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

It looks like Ryan is going a little crazy to be honest. I really hope that he's going to turn into some kind of crazed killer with dead Joe teaching him and urging him on.

That's exactly what my husband said to me yesterday. I'd love that kind of ending, but at the same time I'd be surprised if a show that aired around prime time on such a big network  went down that road.

Then again I was pretty shocked (in a pleasant way) about the dialogue they used between Joe and Ryan. And the show certainly doesn't seem to hold too much back when it comes to violence (even though I read that the writers were going to be cutting down on it this season... Haven't seen that happen yet)

May 6, 2015 7:27 pm  #18

myrindaside wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

That's exactly what my husband said to me yesterday. I'd love that kind of ending, but at the same time I'd be surprised if a show that aired around prime time on such a big network went down that road.

Then again I was pretty shocked (in a pleasant way) about the dialogue they used between Joe and Ryan. And the show certainly doesn't seem to hold too much back when it comes to violence (even though I read that the writers were going to be cutting down on it this season... Haven't seen that happen yet)

Is it just me or is Joe & Ryan's dialogue together seriously shippy? xDD

May 6, 2015 8:43 pm  #19

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

myrindaside wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

That's exactly what my husband said to me yesterday. I'd love that kind of ending, but at the same time I'd be surprised if a show that aired around prime time on such a big network went down that road.

Is it just me or is Joe & Ryan's dialogue together seriously shippy? xDD

It's like fan fic come to life.

May 8, 2015 9:46 pm  #20

Sad day, followers. Fox just confirmed this will be the last season. I didn't expect it to last forever and I guess with Joe "gone" it makes sense, but it's been an entertaining show. Here's hoping for a good ending!

Board footera