BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 20, 2015 6:55 pm  #221

Re: Sherlocked - The Official Sherlock Convention

I hate you all just a little bit. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 22, 2015 10:49 am  #222

Kerkerian wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Does anybody want to have a meet up at Sherlocked?

Yes!

Apart from that- anyone else flying from Hamburg to Gatwick on Friday evening?

I'm flying from Hamburg to the London City Airport - but at 8:25 in the morning. I will meet with Diva from this forum at the registration. Maybe we can meet you there, too - or in the exhibition hall when it opens at 6 pm.

April 22, 2015 7:04 pm  #223

Coat - check.
Riding crop - check.
Blackberry phone - check.
Suit - check.
Dark hair - check. (unfortunately unable to go curly...)

God, why aren't we on Friday already...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 24, 2015 11:29 am  #224

Have fun everybody! Bring loads of fotos and happy and funny memories! I cannot wait to hear what they bring and i hope they keep realistical in the JW-exposition (they did use real combat images in ASIP, i hope they will keep with the reality of british army, the soldiers who were in Afghanistan deserve that so i hope the Sherlock team have informed themselves accordingly). If someone is so nice to make some pics at the Big Chief Studio stand and inquire if they will release different Sherlocks and Watsons for each serie, would gain my eternal appreciation . I have already the 1/6-Watson, is amazing, hogh quality, but i am somehow not so happy how the 1/6 Sherlock looks in pics, so i hope they will release other (and is also too expensive, i keep an eye everywhere, but at the moment 260 euro is a tad too much - i wish you to have better prices at the convention for them). 

We, who have not the chance to go to the convention, how about to meet here at the evening time and watch at the same time Sherlock or discuss some themes? It would be fun to meet here as we wait for the first impressions .

April 24, 2015 12:21 pm  #225

A lovely light wrote:

We, who have not the chance to go to the convention, how about to meet here at the evening time and watch at the same time Sherlock or discuss some themes? It would be fun to meet here as we wait for the first impressions 

Lovely idea, but which evening time are we talking about...? 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 24, 2015 1:48 pm  #226

I will come from 7 CET but if you have other times to propose , is no problem, i will keep watching the next two days at different times anyways .

April 24, 2015 2:10 pm  #227

Should we make a spoiler thread? The first pics are already on tumblr....

April 24, 2015 10:50 pm  #228

Hmmm, just saw the pictures from the John Watson exhibit at Shelocked circulating around the internet... and I was immediatelly reminded of this timeless classic:

"WELL, all day him and the King was hard at it, rigging up a stage and a curtain and a row of candles for footlights; and that night the house was jam full of men in no time.  When the place couldn't hold no more, the Duke he quit tending door and went around the back way and come on to the stage and stood up before the curtain and made a little speech, and praised up this tragedy, and said it was the most thrillingest one that ever was; and so he went on a-bragging about the tragedy, and about Edmund Kean the Elder, which was to play the main principal part in it; and at last when he'd got everybody's expectations up high enough, he rolled up the curtain, and the next minute the King come a-prancing out on all fours, naked; and he was painted all over, ring-streaked-and-striped, all sorts of colors, as splendid as a rainbow.  And—but never mind the rest of his outfit; it was just wild, but it was awful funny. The people most killed themselves laughing; and when the King got done capering and capered off behind the scenes, they roared and clapped and stormed and haw-hawed till he come back and done it over again, and after that they made him do it another time. Well, it would make a cow laugh to see the shines that old idiot cut.
Then the Duke he lets the curtain down, and bows to the people, and says the great tragedy will be performed only two nights more, on accounts of pressing London engagements, where the seats is all sold already for it in Drury Lane; and then he makes them another bow, and says if he has succeeded in pleasing them and instructing them, he will be deeply obleeged if they will mention it to their friends and get them to come and see it.
Twenty people sings out:"What, is it over?  Is that all?"
The Duke says yes.  Then there was a fine time.  Everybody sings out, "Sold!" and rose up mad, and was a-going for that stage and them tragedians. "

(Mark Twain: Huckleberry Finn)

Last edited by nakahara (April 24, 2015 10:51 pm)

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 24, 2015 11:01 pm  #229

Those are real pics of Martin, aren't they? One of them looks like it's taken from The Office. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 24, 2015 11:03 pm  #230

Yes. Poor Martin. Thank God he´s not there. 

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 24, 2015 11:08 pm  #231

Well, they wouldn't be able to use this without his consent. And some of them seem to have been made for the show (like the ones with him in uniform).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

April 24, 2015 11:10 pm  #232

Oh, I´m not concerned about that. I just think he deserved better exhibit than two badly photoshoped pieces of paper containing seven paragraphs of text... 

April 24, 2015 11:13 pm  #233

Lol! Good point. ;)

Team Hudders!

April 25, 2015 6:48 am  #234

I don't get the JW exhibit, why they done it so poor. All other exihibition are great and classy there, the clothes, the 221b room, the exhibit about the cases, etc. Why the hell they make it worse than any tumblr manip i saw is beyond me. Right shoulder? 

April 25, 2015 8:51 am  #235

It´s incomprehensible. Seven paragraphs of text containing mistakes like this, impossible anatomy errors and even the photographs of John in uniform, which originally looked like they were made for this show, turn out to be bad photoshops:

http://benedictcumberbatchsgirlfriend.tumblr.com/post/117281686365/consultingaytective-consultingaytective

What were they thinking? Everybody on this forum would make better exhibit given 2-3 hours of time. (shakes head in disbelief)

April 25, 2015 10:16 am  #236

So you are saying that those two pages are the entire John Watson exhibition? With continuity error and photoshop? 

Wow..

Team Hudders!

April 25, 2015 11:21 am  #237

It looks like they have a tank and an army outfit too, and a display case of bits and pieces (mug, stethoscope, etc.).  It's a wasted opportunity!  Especially as it was advertised as one of the attractions and could have been an interesting one.

April 25, 2015 2:20 pm  #238

Several of Ben's replies and comments at Sherlocked have been tweeted:

http://superbbatch.tumblr.com/post/117331602443/benedict-cumberbatch-answering-questions-at

Also, this reply from Ben made me laugh (not sure if he's just acting ignorant or avoiding the question, but I thought it was fitting as it's one of those cringe-worthy questions to ask an actor like him, I think):

http://superbbatch.tumblr.com/post/117332178268/the-only-shipping-i-know-is-shipping-containers

And this made me snigger, Ben is usually not that raunchy in his replies.

http://superbbatch.tumblr.com/post/117330325478/bc-panel

From the panel:

Team Hudders!

April 25, 2015 3:35 pm  #239

He´s dashing as always and I envy people who witnessed his panel. But "Sherlock is a brutal human being"? "Only shipping I know are shipping containers"? Hmmm, he makes all the effort to upset me.... 

April 25, 2015 4:00 pm  #240

Lars Mikkelsen on Sherlocked - so funny! 

Board footera