BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2015 1:33 pm  #3461

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

When you get excited and swoon a little just from seeing your favorite cos-player. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 8, 2015 7:18 pm  #3462

^Lucky you!!

-When you are watching a big show on TV, a Birthday present to the Danish queen and the royal guards are performing on stage... and even if the unifoms are a bit different you can only think about Sherlock in the bearskin. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 9, 2015 9:34 pm  #3463

when you watch season two of The Wire and wonder whether you're hallucinating when Omar puts on his tie just like Sherlock his scarf (he does!) and a few minutes later there's mention of tower no. 221...

(Incidentally, by comparison to Omar - also called a sociopath - Sherlock looks like the ideal boyfriend, husband or son-in-law...)

April 10, 2015 5:41 pm  #3464

Kittyhawk wrote:

when you watch season two of The Wire and wonder whether you're hallucinating when Omar puts on his tie just like Sherlock his scarf (he does!) and a few minutes later there's mention of tower no. 221...

(Incidentally, by comparison to Omar - also called a sociopath - Sherlock looks like the ideal boyfriend, husband or son-in-law...)

Ha… I watched a bit of The Wire to see the rave about it, but didn't get to season two yet to see that!  Neat… although, honestly, part of me still gets amused and confused at the constant attribute of the scarf-tying to Sherlock… I remember being a kid and having someone put it on me that way.  I guess since it's so distinctive and most people just think to wrap it around or tie in knot instead…  Yay for having a fashionable Sherlock, at least… 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 10, 2015 6:37 pm  #3465

...when your friend has a Sherlock poster on her door and you see it for the first time and think: yeah, she was always going to be a best friends anyway :D

...when you try to write 221b on your fingernails with nail polish (it's tricky).

...when the only reason you want to have a car is to put a Sherlocked sticker on it because you have never seen that before and it would be cool... alternative could be a random cool Sherlock quote.

"It is what it is."

April 10, 2015 6:51 pm  #3466

When you have a cardboard cut out in your bedroom of Sherlock....
When your text tone is "Ive got a text" from Scandal in Belgravia.....
When your ringtone is the Sherlock theme......

April 14, 2015 4:28 pm  #3467

When you're sitting an exam, and there's a paper asking you to comment on a text, set in Prague, about a Giant...and obviously you cannot think of anything else other than the Golem...

Last edited by Lilythiell (April 14, 2015 4:28 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 16, 2015 1:55 pm  #3468

When your 8 year old daughter starts doing this to her apples...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 16, 2015 8:53 pm  #3469

Lovely apple! Wow, I sense criminal mastermind in the making here.... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 19, 2015 9:25 am  #3470

That's so cute ukaunz!

-When I booked my London trip, I had 3 choices for hostels in the same price range, same distance and same level of reviews... the choice I made was based on the fact that the Hostel was placed on Belgrave road... 
I know it's not Belgravia... but still! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 21, 2015 1:02 am  #3471

... you can't hear someone mention "fall" without screaming, "Sherlock!"

... are incredibly bored (that happened before I discovered Sherlock).

... correct people's grammar- all the time.

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the entire street.”-Sherlock
“Yes, thank you for your input.”-Sherlock
“Shut up everybody, shut up! Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe, I’m trying to think. Anderson, face the other way, you’re putting me off.”-Sherlock

April 24, 2015 8:32 am  #3472

... a customer calls and asks for parts for VW Caddy and you accidentally write down "cabby".

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

April 24, 2015 8:52 am  #3473

So which part of the cabby did you offer your customer...? Not the shoulder, I hope, it's not in good shape after John... and then Sherlock... you know...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 27, 2015 9:40 am  #3474

When mere bath products remind you of Moriarty...

"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 27, 2015 1:08 pm  #3475

When you find yourself cyber-stalking certain adorable cos-players.  *giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 27, 2015 5:46 pm  #3476

When walking around London, you hear police sirens roaring, and can't help but thinking Lestrade's been called for a break-in (Pentonville prison?...I was walking down a Pentonville Rd)
Then thinking that "it's not his division".

April 27, 2015 6:25 pm  #3477

That shower gel reminds me of earlier today when I found out there's a beauty series called "No zit Sherlock"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 27, 2015 6:49 pm  #3478

XD

...Or, again, when you walk from Euston Station to St Pancras, you walk in front of this.

What caught my eye, in your opinion...?

Last edited by Lilythiell (April 27, 2015 10:18 pm)

April 28, 2015 2:31 pm  #3479

... when you become literally filled with joy inside when you see and hear the Sherlock intro.

... when you start having abstinences and hugely missing the show because you've only been able to watch one episode of it the last three weeks.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

April 28, 2015 2:35 pm  #3480

Oh, Vhanja, I hope you made the most of it!

Board footera