BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2015 1:53 pm  #521

Re: The "Good News" thread

Guysguysguys, I'm so excited!!!
My heart rate must be through the roof! Guess what my lovely parents and my lovely aunt got me: an autograph from Ben!!!! And it's not printed and this is not a drill and it's lovely and most wonderful and it only took a couple of weeks! And now I need to get a proper frame and hug it and care for it and...awwwww!!!!!!   

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 14, 2015 1:55 pm  #522

Much good news!!!!   (((hugs Phantom and mrshouse)))

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 14, 2015 2:50 pm  #523

mrshouse, you are aware of course that you need to post of pic of it, right...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 14, 2015 2:54 pm  #524

Hm, how can I do that from my mobile....? Too dumb.... I'll try later on the PC.

"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

April 14, 2015 5:27 pm  #525

OMG mrshouse!!! You lucky woman!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 14, 2015 7:52 pm  #526

A lucky day for all those who posted here! Glad for you! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 15, 2015 12:23 pm  #527

Your news is great news mrshouse!

I got a follow-up to my email... Well, I didn't actually get a reply from my tv-famous friend, but he forwarded it to two other people who also lived in the flat at the same time (it was a big, multicultural house of about 10 residents and we all had a great summer together in 1999). Anyway, it turns out several of them are still in touch with each other, and two of them also got married! So my hubby and I aren't the only ones... And I'm back in contact with a bunch of old friends

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 15, 2015 12:50 pm  #528

That is so lovely! I'm happy for you ukaunz! 

Not really the same... but last week I saw someone from my advanced German class 6 years ago on TV... it was actually good to see her. 

I had been wondering what happened to her; the last time I saw her she packed her stuff away with tears in her eyes because her boyfriend had been killed just months before our graduation. 
I never really got along with her, but she was a really interesting girl (I also had a crush on her...) but I never stopped wondering how her life went after that. 

She was on Who Wants to be a Millionaire, a charity version where she and a friend were competing to win money for some riding school. She looked healthy and happy and it was good to see. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 15, 2015 1:10 pm  #529

That sounds really great, ukaunz and Phantom! It's so nice to meet old friends again and see that they are alive and well. 

April 15, 2015 2:45 pm  #530

mrshouse wrote:

Guysguysguys, I'm so excited!!!
My heart rate must be through the roof! Guess what my lovely parents and my lovely aunt got me: an autograph from Ben!!!! And it's not printed and this is not a drill and it's lovely and most wonderful and it only took a couple of weeks! And now I need to get a proper frame and hug it and care for it and...awwwww!!!!!!   

Can I ask how they got you an autograph? Did they send something for him to sign? I'm writing a letter to Benedict and still trying to decide whether to ask for an autograph. Do people usually just print out a picture and send it to him hoping he will return it with his signature on it? Or does he send out his own photos?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 15, 2015 3:09 pm  #531

In the end it didn't turn out too difficult. My auntie had the idea and it happened that my parents were on a trip to London for a couple of days. So my aunt did the research on the web for the fan mail and autograph adress and she and my mum ( she was an English teacher for 40 years) wrote a letter to go with an envelope with the adress to be sent back. And when my parents were in London they just went to a postal office, bought British stamps and sent it to the said adress. They're all three in their seventies, so as simple as it sounds, I think it was a bit of effort. I think from Germany the most difficult part might be to properly pay for the return.
That won't keep me from trying stage doors when we go to see Hamlet, of course...   

April 15, 2015 3:09 pm  #532

Oh, and I forgot to mention that they send their own pictures.

April 15, 2015 10:37 pm  #533

Thanks for the info mrshouse

April 15, 2015 10:41 pm  #534

Perhaps UK fans or fans who visit the UK could help sending / bringing stamps to friends in the rest of the world?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 16, 2015 3:32 am  #535

Am I missing something here?

Are International Reply Coupons (IRCs) not available any longer?  That's the accepted way of sending postage with things you want sent back from a foreign land, as far as I know.  You can buy them at any post office to the best of my knowledge.  We did it all the time when we wanted someone to return things to us without incurring any cost to themselves.

Why couldn't you have just sent the appropriate return postage for the envelope by including some IRCs in the original package?

But perhaps I have just misunderstood the situation?   If that's the case - I apologise for butting in.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

April 16, 2015 5:52 am  #536

Yes I have heard of IRCs but have never used them before, so I wasn't completely sure how they worked. I was going to ask at the post office next time I was there.

April 16, 2015 1:28 pm  #537

I got my phone case yesterday! I'm so happy with it :D

April 16, 2015 1:32 pm  #538

That's brilliant

April 16, 2015 2:20 pm  #539

That's gorgeous! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

April 16, 2015 3:52 pm  #540

Ah-chie wrote:

Am I missing something here?

Are International Reply Coupons (IRCs) not available any longer?  That's the accepted way of sending postage with things you want sent back from a foreign land, as far as I know.  You can buy them at any post office to the best of my knowledge.  We did it all the time when we wanted someone to return things to us without incurring any cost to themselves.

Why couldn't you have just sent the appropriate return postage for the envelope by including some IRCs in the original package?

But perhaps I have just misunderstood the situation?   If that's the case - I apologise for butting in.

-Val

Uh, yeah!  Back when I decided to try my hand at it and send the Sherlock guys a printed picture (requesting autographed), letter, and SASE, I used those.  Of them, only Rupert ever used them and sent me the pic back, but a little disappointing no idea whether it was simply them being too busy, or anything to do with the post.  Still… it was pretty cool.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera