BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 3, 2015 6:12 am  #1

Hello, Fans from China

Hello , I am a girl coming from China and  recently fall in love with Sherlock.

Is there any one like me here ?

By the way I am so glad I can learn more about the this drama and meet all the sherlockians from the world to share , to discuss and to wait the next series come.

April 3, 2015 6:36 am  #2

Re: Hello, Fans from China

Hello ivywind and welcome. I'm not from China, but I have been there  Which part are you from?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 3, 2015 6:59 am  #3

Welcome to the forum, ivywind. Greetings from Germany.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

April 3, 2015 7:23 am  #4

ukaunz wrote:

Hello ivywind and welcome. I'm not from China, but I have been there Which part are you from?

Hello, ukaunz . I'm from Hong Kong, a southern city. Which part of China you have been? In fact, I have visited few of it only.

Last edited by ivywind (April 3, 2015 7:26 am)

April 3, 2015 7:27 am  #5

Schmiezi wrote:

Welcome to the forum, ivywind. Greetings from Germany.

Hi. Schmiezi, Nice to meet you here.

April 3, 2015 7:52 am  #6

I haven't been to Hong Kong, but I spent about 5 weeks in mainland China with my husband in 2005. We entered from Vietnam and visited Nanning, Yangshuo, Guilin, Dali, Lijiang, Chengdu, Xian, Shanghai, and the Great Wall. A few other places but I can't remember their names

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 3, 2015 8:46 am  #7

Hi, welcome, ivywind! I hope you have a good time here sharing your love for Sherlock 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

April 3, 2015 5:31 pm  #8

Welcome ivywind!
Yeah, let's spread the love for Sherlock all over the world

April 3, 2015 9:11 pm  #9

Hello, ivy! Welcome to the forum!
I do think you will that everyone around here shares the same interest in Sherlock -in that respect, we are the same

-Lily

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 4, 2015 12:02 am  #10

Hello, Ivywind!  I am April, and I live in the US.  We have a long time to wait until the next Sherlock episodes .  It is nice to meet other fans.  Thank you for writing.

I have two friends here who grew up in Hong Kong.  I love food their moms make.  My favorite is steamed dumplings (I think they call it zeng ciao?) and a soup that has pork bones in it.  If I go to China, I want to see Hong Kong first.  I would like to taste the different foods there.

By the way, I am a fan of a Chinese detective.  Do you know Di Gong An (狄公案)?

He is called Judge Dee or Detective Dee in English.  I only read one story so far -  "The Two Beggars".  It's a mystery about a ghost, and it happens in ancient China.  It was in a literature book I had in college.  The story is very exciting!

I saw the movies "Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame" (狄仁杰之通天帝国) and "Rise of the Sea Dragon" (狄仁傑之神都龍王).  I liked the "Phantom Flame" better.

I think Andy Lau is a very handsome detective.  He is different from Benedict Cumberbatch, but I still love him .  I hope he makes another Detective Dee movie.

Last edited by aprilwats (April 4, 2015 12:08 am)

Steven Moffat: Season four is “going to be … [about] consequences. Chickens come to roost ... Things … coming back to bite you.”

April 4, 2015 9:09 am  #11

ukaunz wrote:

I haven't been to Hong Kong, but I spent about 5 weeks in mainland China with my husband in 2005. We entered from Vietnam and visited Nanning, Yangshuo, Guilin, Dali, Lijiang, Chengdu, Xian, Shanghai, and the Great Wall. A few other places but I can't remember their names

You have been more place than I do

Hope you can visit Hong Kong some day

April 4, 2015 9:11 am  #12

Harriet wrote:

Hi, welcome, ivywind! I hope you have a good time here sharing your love for Sherlock

Hi Harriet

Sure and I am walking through here during easter and find out many things I have missed or puzzled in the drama

April 4, 2015 9:12 am  #13

Mela wrote:

Welcome ivywind!
Yeah, let's spread the love for Sherlock all over the world

Yes , I am spreading my love to my friends first

April 4, 2015 9:13 am  #14

Lilythiell wrote:

Hello, ivy! Welcome to the forum!
I do think you will that everyone around here shares the same interest in Sherlock -in that respect, we are the same

-Lily

Yes , we are all sherlockians

April 4, 2015 9:18 am  #15

aprilwats wrote:

Hello, Ivywind!  I am April, and I live in the US.  We have a long time to wait until the next Sherlock episodes .  It is nice to meet other fans.  Thank you for writing.

I have two friends here who grew up in Hong Kong.  I love food their moms make.  My favorite is steamed dumplings (I think they call it zeng ciao?) and a soup that has pork bones in it.  If I go to China, I want to see Hong Kong first.  I would like to taste the different foods there.

By the way, I am a fan of a Chinese detective.  Do you know Di Gong An (狄公案)?

He is called Judge Dee or Detective Dee in English.  I only read one story so far -  "The Two Beggars".  It's a mystery about a ghost, and it happens in ancient China.  It was in a literature book I had in college.  The story is very exciting!

I saw the movies "Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame" (狄仁杰之通天帝国) and "Rise of the Sea Dragon" (狄仁傑之神都龍王).  I liked the "Phantom Flame" better.

I think Andy Lau is a very handsome detective.  He is different from Benedict Cumberbatch, but I still love him .  I hope he makes another Detective Dee movie.

I'm so suprised and happy to see that someone is US is so familar with chinses stuff. And I had watched "Detective Dee" too and agree the one with Andy Lau is much better.

April 4, 2015 9:43 pm  #16

Welcome to the fourm!

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

April 5, 2015 11:58 am  #17

Bronte89 wrote:

Welcome to the fourm!

Hello, Bronte 89 . Your signature drives me crazy

April 9, 2015 5:14 pm  #18

Hello and welcome to the forum! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

April 11, 2015 9:38 pm  #19

ivywind wrote:

Bronte89 wrote:

Welcome to the fourm!

Hello, Bronte 89 . Your signature drives me crazy

Is that a good or a bad thing?

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

April 12, 2015 12:40 am  #20

Bronte89 wrote:

ivywind wrote: