BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2014 7:28 am  #21

Re: Molly and Sherlock

And I am disturbed that characters in Sherlock seem to find violence(or threats of) 'hot'.
Thankfully Molly has more sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 26, 2014 2:03 pm  #22

besleybean wrote:

And I am disturbed that characters in Sherlock seem to find violence(or threats of) 'hot'.

But they aren´t.

This is the look Sherlock gives to John after he realises that John has beaten up Wiggins:

http://screencapped.net/tv/sherlock/albums/season3/episode3/sherlock0303-0931.jpg

No admiration there, just a wary, unpleasant surprise. And John is avoiding his eyes for a few moments - he is not proud of his accomplishments either:

http://screencapped.net/tv/sherlock/albums/season3/episode3/sherlock0303-0932.jpg

Sherlock says his words about an addict needing a fix with his stare pointed sharply at John:

http://screencapped.net/tv/sherlock/albums/season3/episode3/sherlock0303-0935.jpg

And John looks guilty:

http://screencapped.net/tv/sherlock/albums/season3/episode3/sherlock0303-0939.jpg

Sherlock does not find this side of John admirable or hot, he is deeply disconcerted over this.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 26, 2014 2:10 pm  #23

Well I wasn't meaning Sherlock himself finding anybody or anything 'hot'!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 26, 2014 2:53 pm  #24

nakahara wrote:

besleybean wrote:

But they aren´t.

This is the look Sherlock gives to John after he realises that John has beaten up Wiggins:

http://screencapped.net/tv/sherlock/albums/season3/episode3/sherlock0303-0931.jpg

No admiration there, just a wary, unpleasant surprise. And John is avoiding his eyes for a few moments - he is not proud of his accomplishments either:

http://screencapped.net/tv/sherlock/albums/season3/episode3/sherlock0303-0932.jpg

Sherlock says his words about an addict needing a fix with his stare pointed sharply at John:

http://screencapped.net/tv/sherlock/albums/season3/episode3/sherlock0303-0935.jpg

And John looks guilty:

http://screencapped.net/tv/sherlock/albums/season3/episode3/sherlock0303-0939.jpg

Sherlock does not find this side of John admirable or hot, he is deeply disconcerted over this.

My views on this scene.   

Sherlock is not necessaily horrified at John's violence.  He is surprised because he was assuming that John was currently basking in marital bliss and had moved past his need for adrenaline.  He is reevaluating his thoughts on John's domestic situation.
I believe he is thinking, perhaps John misses me as much as I miss him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

May 26, 2014 3:35 pm  #25

Actually it was John saying the words about the addict needing a fix. And Sherlock turned it to him; to show him that they both are addicted, after that little speech he got from Molly and John about his "drug-abuse".

I also only see surprise in those mentioned scenes.

Last edited by Mattlocked (May 26, 2014 3:39 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

June 1, 2014 8:59 pm  #26

First, I shipped them so hard since A Study in Pink, but now I see the point of them just being friends.

Last edited by Lucy_Lighthearted (June 1, 2014 8:59 pm)

June 5, 2014 7:25 pm  #27

I imagine sherlock and Molly to be together, I think I see Molly as liking sherlock her body language when she's around him shows she cares, like when she slapped him when she found out sherlock had been in the drugs den, she cares about him. Whether they are just friends or more there's a weird connection between them and I ship them and I think it could totally work.......one day

June 5, 2014 7:27 pm  #28

There has never been any doubt that Molly is in love with Sherlock.
Sherlock greatly likes and respects her.
But there is no way they  will get together.

June 5, 2014 8:29 pm  #29

I´m afraid that Sherlock would be a woman´s worst nightmare if he was ever involved in a relationship. His lifestyle is not exactly stable - he would drive his woman partner crazy in no time.
So even if Sherlock was more sexually active than he is, I don´t believe he would be willing to lead Molly on. He would spare her of that. Therefore they will remain just friends forever.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

June 5, 2014 8:31 pm  #30

They will remain just friends because Sherlock is not interested in relationships.

February 10, 2015 3:02 pm  #31

Since the first time I thought that Sherlock is really mean to Molly when he perceives her with someone,the scathing remarks on Jim from IT,the horrible deductions at the Christmas Party,when he thinks the present is for some guy,I'm not saying he's consciously jelous,he doesn't see Molly in a romantic way,but maybe he doesn't like others "playing with his toy"..

February 10, 2015 8:53 pm  #32

I always thought it was more a case that Sherlock is rather firm in his convictions that romantic "love" of any sort is a weakness. I think that is why he is so scornful of the idea that Molly would be attracted to anyone (re: the Christmas party scene).

By the time of TSoT he has grown a bit and aknowledges that he has been in the past "uncomprehending in the face of the happy" (in reference to seeing John in love with Mary) but I still am not quite sure that he has changed his views on "love" in a personal sense (just a few sentences before he was very definite when he declared "All emotions, and in particular love, stand opposed to the pure, cold reason I hold above all things."). 

I do like that Sherlock has always seemed to admire Molly as a professional, has come to realise that she is important in his life, and is starting to become more attuned to her feelings as a person. 

I am not sure I have ever seen any jealousy on his part either, consciously or subconsciously, in reference to Molly.  In fact I think after the scene in the hallway in TEH, when she was "subbing" for John on cases, I think he really would prefer that Molly turn her attention to someone else, rather than waste her time mooning after him.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

February 10, 2015 11:28 pm  #33

I think Sherlock should fix Molly up--if he can find a date for Janine, he can find a mate for Molly!

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

February 10, 2015 11:40 pm  #34

REReader,

That sound like a wonderful notion! 

Although the person he fixed Janine up with didn't quite work out did it? 

So maybe being a matchmaker isn't his forte.  

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

February 11, 2015 1:38 am  #35

Heh. Well, he had a limited pool of candidates at the wedding--he'd have all of London to find someone for Molly!

February 11, 2015 2:50 am  #36

You're right!  And knowing how intelligent and loveable Molly is, she's bound to plenty of candidates chosen by the "master" himself (after an intense grilling as to their suitablity for her) to pick from, who would be more than willing to give her all the attention she needs!

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

February 11, 2015 3:33 am  #37

Do you hear us, Mofftiss? Make it so!

April 3, 2015 6:01 am  #38

It is so glad there're still so many of you can see the inner beauty and the importance to SH Molly has
I agree Mary made the point that Molly is the one makes SH grow up. But I do think that Molly has grown up too with the episodes. In S1, Molly was "obessed" in some way with SH but in S3 she dared to slap on his face. She realized that SH can only be her dream man but not the Mr Right, never and ever.

I hope more conversation can be seen between them in future

April 6, 2015 8:35 am  #39

maryagrawatson wrote:

.... (And he listens to her. She wanted to have dinner and he invites her out to eat after the case!)....

And Molly declines! Doesn't anybody else think that noteworthy? Given that she originally suggested dinner herself, I don't think it was out of concern for her fiancé. My theory is that after tagging along after Sherlock for a day she's beginning to have second thoughts, beginning to realize that fantasizing about the guy was more fun than reality.

Or maybe Molly just really hates fish 'n chips...

(Incidentally, one of the things I really like about Sherlock is that he doesn't seem at all snobbish about food).

April 6, 2015 11:29 am  #40

Yes Molly has come a long way from the love stuck girl we met in ASIP. I think she sees Sherlock more and more as the flawed human being he is instead of that idolised version of him she had in her head. And that means she sees that he would, in the long run, not be good for her. But I think she will always carry a torch for him.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

Board footera