BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 2, 2015 7:35 am  #41

Re: Lars Mikkelsen Appreciation Thread

I've seen all of "1864" even if it lost most of it's viewers here... 

Lars played a very 'soft' character in it... such a warm, loving man. He was the dirt poor farmer, and father of the two main characters.

He was very believable and again it's hard to believe it's the same man who disgusted me as Magnussen 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 2, 2015 7:43 am  #42

That´s the magic of a good actor.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

April 2, 2015 7:49 am  #43

SolarSystem wrote:

(And let's not talk about men that usually aren't our types...) 

Don't know what you are talking about.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

April 2, 2015 6:14 pm  #44

Hehe… 'yes' to all of your comments.  What "type"?    I haven't seen him in a 'nice' role yet (even though he wowed me with being not-nice), but can just picture that 1864 thing.  Sounds nice.  And oddly, yes… he's one of those guys who looks good with some hair, huh?  Have another? 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

April 2, 2015 7:33 pm  #45

Aaw, what a great pic! That really puts a huge smile on my face.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

April 3, 2015 2:02 am  #46

Doesn't it, though?    Loving his expression, beard, and the moment it was shot in.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

April 3, 2015 8:52 pm  #47

Yeah, absolutely. I also love the colours... the green, blue and orange are a perfect combination. And yes, his expression is just... gorgeous.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

April 4, 2015 10:28 pm  #48

I know.  Whether all of that was planned or not, love well-done pictures like that.  Oh, and hair?  You wanna talk about crazy different hair??      When I was scrolling through too many image-search pics again to see other stuff he was in, I found this little gem.  Let me just say it's so neat and well-rounded how Europe/U.K. have a tendency to have theater plus tv/movie roots and vary it, but sometimes you have no idea actors you like on the screen did more stage stuff when they were younger.  Such as doing a double-take while scrolling, half-recognizing a certain much younger someone in Shakespearean garb…   

Love it.    Lars as Orsino in Helligtrekongersaften (Twelfth Night, 2004)

April 5, 2015 2:17 am  #49

I wouldn't have recognised him if you hadn't posted it in this thread.  But the cheekbones haven't changed!

April 5, 2015 9:33 am  #50

That is amazing, Russell, what a great find! And I agree with Liberty, I wouldn't have recognized him at all. That hair is great, reminds me of David Tennant with his hair extensions for "Richard II". Which sort of leads back to what you mentioned about actors doing a lot of theatre in younger years... I had absolutely no idea how much theatre for example David Tennant had already done before he became The Doctor.

April 6, 2015 3:29 am  #51

I know!!!  'Yes' to barely recognizing, sans cheekbones and taking closer look at other features.  And 'yes' to crazy interesting theatre roots of quite a few of our favorites we didn't know of until seeing elsewhere (heck, and many of them returning to theatre!) - natch for similarity with David Tennant.  I mean… just look at him!  That hair… and face…!    

August 20, 2015 4:48 pm  #52

Two episodes of "Das Team" on German TV tonight 

http://www.arte.tv/guide/de/048788-001/das-team-1-8

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

Board footera