BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 11, 2015 11:15 am  #241

Re: What are you doing?

I do have some help. Being rather calm and having a sense of humor help too. At the moment, for example, only me, the baby and the twins are at home and the baby is asleep in front of the wash. Drugging them helps as well-- er, that's a joke. Also being able to swear in several languages. In the words of our 6 year old when Husband caught him swearing at another kid---- it doesn't matter Daddy, he doesn't speak French. We can also swear in German, English, Polish and Yiddish. Such a useful skill and the swear box profits. Great all round.

March 15, 2015 1:03 pm  #242

I'm preparing for a 'date' tonight... at the moment I've got my face full of chocolate! Okay, to be fair it's a chocolate mud mask... 

I'm nervous as hell though...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 15, 2015 7:03 pm  #243

No need to be nervous, it'll go smoothly
And it's not like you were going on a date with someone you barely know now, is it?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 15, 2015 7:25 pm  #244

Oh it did go well! I feel silly for worrying... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 16, 2015 5:07 pm  #245

11- you have your own football team!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 16, 2015 10:30 pm  #246

Just watched Elementary while painting my nails green... Now I'm waiting for said nails to dry so I can get some sleep before my Medical secretary evaluation tomorrow!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 18, 2015 7:42 pm  #247

I am actually in my pillow fort colouring... in my Benedict colouring book. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 20, 2015 9:45 am  #248

I hoped so mich to get a glimpse at the solar eclipse that can be seen in Germany this morning, but it's really heavily clouded and nothing to be seen... I had even ordered special glasses for the occasion.
The same bad luck happened to me when there was the total solar eclipse in Germany in 1999, it just went dark without anything to be seen. Ugh.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 20, 2015 10:10 am  #249

Oh, you should have come to the Rhein-Main-Gebiet, we have the most beautiful sunshine.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 20, 2015 10:29 am  #250

Oh, I can offer the Rhein, as you know... So you had a good look? That's nice. Here I didn't even notice a bit of darkness and even the birds didn't notice anything, they kept on singing. My daughter will be disappointed, she's all crazy about planets, stars, astronomy and physics... She loves Stephen Hawking! I always felt like Beavis and Butthead sitting on the couch when it came to physics...

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 20, 2015 11:50 am  #251

we missed it here too... way too cloudy. Such a shame! I had looked forward to it!

At the moment I'm enjoying my free cola... I won a free cola and a free croissant on the same day! 
And I've got Doctor Who running on Netflix... 

So it's a good day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 22, 2015 11:30 am  #252

I would love to see another total solar eclipse. I was lucky enough to catch one in South Australia in December 2004. It was a stunning view, perfect skies to witness the "diamond ring" effect.

Free stuff is always cool, lucky you Phantom Lady 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 24, 2015 12:13 am  #253

I'm browsing the forum, realising that right now I feel absolutely not sherlocked. Which feels wrong. Big time wrong. I don't know why, but I feel so un-excited about everything. Which ugh makes me worry. I looked at my DVDs and felt like "no I don't wanna watch them". Then I was sad and confused. I worry the time between series is finally too long for me. Maybe I cracked. Maybe waiting made me loose my mind? Not being sherlocked is not a good state of being I don't like it. *sobs*
(I watched Großstadtrevier to cheer me up... my good old times favourite series... which is still not the same really *sniff)

"It is what it is."

March 27, 2015 4:24 am  #254

Whisky wrote:

I'm browsing the forum, realising that right now I feel absolutely not sherlocked. Which feels wrong. Big time wrong. I don't know why, but I feel so un-excited about everything. Which ugh makes me worry. I looked at my DVDs and felt like "no I don't wanna watch them". Then I was sad and confused. I worry the time between series is finally too long for me. Maybe I cracked. Maybe waiting made me loose my mind? Not being sherlocked is not a good state of being I don't like it. *sobs*
(I watched Großstadtrevier to cheer me up... my good old times favourite series... which is still not the same really *sniff)

Aww.  Can see why would feel down about that, but first reaction was really to ping back a 'don't worry about it'.  To be honest, I was surprised when started hearing so many here talking about how frequently they've watched their dvds, or how many times!!  I've only seen mine a handful, mostly when sharing with other people to enjoy with them, thanks to having so many other new (or old), neat things want to watch and catch up on as well, plus mainly not wanting to get sick of them.  Even a beloved favorite song can get tiresome if it's constantly stuck in your head.  ;P  But then down the road it'll happily come back up fresh again, and no worries.
(the long wait time added to that, on the other hand, I getcha.  *pats*  Or feeling bad you aren't excitedly keeping up with it or soaking up all the works of your favorite people… there's just so much out there, and need a break sometimes!)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 27, 2015 9:17 am  #255

Thanks... yes, I know... I also read my favourite books 50 times and more. Maybe strange, eh? (I always eat to much chocolate, too...)
And yes, feeling kind of guilty I don't keep up. Isn't that strange?
But you're right, there are loads of other good things to have a look at out there... that's comforting
I just hope, when the time comes (in a future faaaar away) the excitement will be back

"It is what it is."

March 27, 2015 9:43 am  #256

I know how you feel, Whisky, at least to a certain extent. This hiatus is definitely worse than the last one, and the prospect of not getting episodes which will continue where S3 has left off for a long, long time is probably responsible for it. I'm sure the special will be great, but I'll admit that if I had a choice I'd want S4 more desperately.
But like Russell already said, there is a lot of other great stuff out there which I'm concentrating on in the meantime. And I'm sure once we're getting closer to the special, the excitement will come back with full force. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 27, 2015 6:42 pm  #257

Yeaah… I guess I just can't do that with the way my brain is, hence the amusement/surprise/incredulity… my favorites I've seen or read a handful of times, but not too much more than that or without a break, because I didn't want to get sick of it.  Plus the whole 'gah, so much good stuff out there to still get to!' thing.    The excitement always comes back when we're actually closer!
Gah, and tell me about the guilt!  It's utterly silly!  That I'm not caught up to other (or more die-hard) fans, or behind on the list of all the cool stuff to look at or pile of books, or still haven't seen a number of neat films our favorite actors are in that I've heard you guys rave about, etc etc   So I just try to enjoy having this forum to hear about stuff and have company with and watch all that other good stuff while we wait.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 27, 2015 9:20 pm  #258

Russell wrote:

So I just try to enjoy having this forum to hear about stuff and have company with and watch all that other good stuff while we wait.

wise words. sounds like a perfect plan to me ;-)

"It is what it is."

April 2, 2015 1:11 pm  #259

My husband went out to a friends' place tonight, so once I got the kids to bed I watched an episode of Being Human (I knew I recognised Henry Knight from somewhere....). Then I read a bit of ACD's The Sign of the Four, but then I somehow got distracted by fanfics and started reading Nature and Nurture, and I just realised it's after midnight and I don't want to stop reading about baby-clone Sherlock  . Plus there's a bunch of new photos posted on the Benedict thread... I can't sleep with all that in my head!

Edited to add that I just stayed awake reading to 3am to get to the first love scene... *sigh*

Last edited by ukaunz (April 2, 2015 3:53 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 2, 2015 6:20 pm  #260

I'm home alone, my sister is at a concert with my ex-crush and my friend, so I feel quite alone (I'm such a lonely human heh) so now I'm just gonna pop some popcorn, make some tea, watch "10 things I hate about you" and be happy about the fact that I'm free from school for 10 days

Board footera