BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 24, 2015 1:10 pm  #41

Re: John´s nastiness

I don't think he was being nasty in any of those scenes, but I do find it a bit strange that he is so blind to Sherlock being on the point of collapse. Of course, I do understand that he had a huge crisis going on, and that does explain it. I just thought that somewhere, the friend-part or doctor-part of him would kick in and see what bad shape Sherlock was in.

I don't think it's fair to accuse John of being "sorry for himself", though. He is going through probably one of the worst shocks and crisis of his life, he is allowed to be furious. And hurt.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 24, 2015 1:54 pm  #42

Yeah that was a bit harsh of me to phrase it that way. He has valid feelings. It just makes me sad that he neglects Sherlock when he really needs medical attention. But he is human, and under extreme emotional stress.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 24, 2015 4:02 pm  #43

Yes, it´s sad that we see him saving two people eagerly in TSOT, but in HLV, we don´t see how he helps shot Sherlock (scene being too short) and we have this cruel scene immediatelly after... it´s unfair.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 31, 2015 6:42 pm  #44

I just posted that same video in my thread about John's annoyance over Sherlock.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 31, 2015 6:48 pm  #45

Vhanja wrote:

I just posted that same video in my thread about John's annoyance over Sherlock.

I deleted my double-post, one post suffices for it. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

Board footera