BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 30, 2015 11:09 am  #1

The CumberBabySocks Project

Inspired by SocksBatch! (see original thread here)

We all know how much Benedict loves his colourful socks.... http://benedictandhissocks.tumblr.com
Perhaps it'll be a genetic preference? Something to pass down to his children

A few of us have been talking about sending socks for Ben and Sophie's baby. I'm hoping this isn't too fan-crazy an idea. Please join in the madness if you're interested!

As far as I know, no official due date has been announced, but it has been guesstimated in the media that the Cumberbaby is due in May/June.

It's still early days, so there is plenty of time to find the perfect pair and think about any accompanying notes etc.

So who will join in? Will we continue to use the CumberSocksCollective name?

Here's the Masterlist:

ukaunz (Amber)

Does anyone know if this is still the correct address for Benedict's fanmail?

Benedict Cumberbatch, c/o Conway Van Gelder Grant, 3rd Floor, 8-12 Broadwick Street, London, W1F 8HW, England

Last edited by ukaunz (March 30, 2015 11:43 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 30, 2015 7:23 pm  #2

Re: The CumberBabySocks Project

Aww… cute idea.  Love how he's known (and Martin too) to wear such crazy ones, and to pass it along as a form of well-wishes.  But, erm, please don't be annoyed at me saying this, but part of me kind of wondering if it would be taken intrusively, too?    I mean, I'm sure rather than negativity in their mail, they'd find the sock thing now passed along to their kid as happy well-wishes from the fans to be a sweet thing, but it's kind of different than simply sending fan mail to the adult object of your admiration.

And yes, according to Sherlockology, that's the address (same one I used years ago), and I trust them.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 30, 2015 8:04 pm  #3

Re: The CumberBabySocks Project

If my economy works out soon... I'd be happy to join. I LOVE the idea 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera