BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2015 8:57 pm  #21

Re: Steven Moffat about series 4 (EW magazine)

We probably have talked about it, but likely it is not one of the major points we are focussing on. I am currently doing another rewatch and I have to say the character that I find more and more intriguing is Mycroft. I could imagine some surprises from his direction.

Last edited by Lola Red (March 27, 2015 8:57 pm)

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

March 28, 2015 2:23 am  #22

I don't feel aprehensive at all about Moffat's comments.  I am jazzed by his teases and look forward to seeing what they have in store for us.  I don't tend to come into upcoming series with any expectations and try to keep speculations to a bare minimum.  I really don't like having any preconceived ideas as to what should happen on my part, so I am very open to just about anything they may have coming our way in Season 4.  I trust in all the creative forces behind the show and leave it in their competent, imaginative, professional hands.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

March 28, 2015 8:09 am  #23

I just want there not to be a baby. I have had 12 of my own, one died as an infant, and I love them dearly of course but when I watch TV I want to escape, and to me, escaping means no pregnancies and no babies. However, obviously other people are not in my situation but a baby wouldn't fit, in my opinion, and it's too far from cannon, it's getting too far away from the idea that this is a modern version of the stories. I want Sherlock and John investigating, not John dealing with a baby and a wife.

Still, Moffat likes to joke and things he says often don't happen.

March 28, 2015 8:52 am  #24

As for the "nobody has talked about" statement, Moffat obviously haven't visited this forum. 

And, yeah, I have to say that apart from Sherlock and John, Mycroft is the most interesting character for me as well. But it doesn't make sense that a big (I believe?) plot for S4 should focus on somebody besides Sherlock and/or John?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 28, 2015 10:11 am  #25

That "little thing they've set up" might not even have happened in S3, maybe they'll be going further back than that? I know it's unlikely, but I would love it if they'd not only continue where they left us with S3 but if they'd also brought something back which lies somewhere in S1 or S2. That would be great story-telling.
Apart from that: I love it when it gets dark, so just do it, Mofftiss!

Last edited by SolarSystem (March 28, 2015 10:12 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 29, 2015 12:35 am  #26

tobeornot221b wrote:

"Something coming back to bite you"? My first thought was: "The Speckled Band".

How interesting!  I hope you are right!  "Speckled Band" is my favorite of the Doyle stories I have read so far.

Steven Moffat: Season four is “going to be … [about] consequences. Chickens come to roost ... Things … coming back to bite you.”

March 29, 2015 2:46 am  #27

SolarSystem wrote:

That "little thing they've set up" might not even have happened in S3, maybe they'll be going further back than that? I know it's unlikely, but I would love it if they'd not only continue where they left us with S3 but if they'd also brought something back which lies somewhere in S1 or S2. That would be great story-telling.
Apart from that: I love it when it gets dark, so just do it, Mofftiss!

Might they bring back Irene Adler? I can't see why though... I haven't read any ACD stories (apart from A Study in Scarlet), so I don't know anything about her character. Probably not what Moffat is referring to. I doubt it would be something from S1, I don't think they were thinking so far ahead at that point.

It's got to be something to do with Sherlock's family or history, surely?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 29, 2015 3:10 am  #28

Please don't bring back Irene.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 29, 2015 10:00 am  #29

I am equally horrified and excited about the dark turns... is that bad?

What about Moran...? When is he showing up? Is he even? We had a Lord Moran in TEH... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 29, 2015 12:37 pm  #30

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

What about Moran...? When is he showing up? Is he even? We had a Lord Moran in TEH... 

He must show up somehow, right?  Maybe he was one of the gunmen for Mrs. Hudson, Lestrade and John? Also, someone was holding the laser pen at the pool.

I read somewhere that Sherlock emailed Sebastian Moran in the pilot.  ???  I haven't seen it.

I'd love for Moriaty to return.

Steven Moffat: Season four is “going to be … [about] consequences. Chickens come to roost ... Things … coming back to bite you.”

March 29, 2015 8:29 pm  #31

There are people claiming that Mary could be Moran. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 29, 2015 9:07 pm  #32

SusiGo wrote:

There are people claiming that Mary could be Moran. 

I'm not convinced it will happen but I would find this very satisfying.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 29, 2015 9:37 pm  #33

Well... Mary is one of the 'Mor' people... but in a way that would confuse me. Lord Moran, the big rat from TEH has already been there.. so... to me it would be weird 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 29, 2015 10:33 pm  #34

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Well... Mary is one of the 'Mor' people... but in a way that would confuse me. Lord Moran, the big rat from TEH has already been there.. so... to me it would be weird 

"Mor people?"  Are Mary and Sebastian related in Doyle?

I find it interesting that Mycroft was eager for Sherlock's help in TGG and then ordered Sherlock to stay away from Magnussen in TLV.  He has been a rather flat character so far.  I wonder if Season 4 will be Mark Gatiss' time to shine.  I put my theory in my signature 

March 29, 2015 10:43 pm  #35

By 'Mor' people I meant that it seems that the bad guys in SH seems to have 'Mor' in their name... (perhaps a play on the latin meaning of 'Mort' = death)

As in MORiarty, MORan, MORstan... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 30, 2015 7:32 am  #36

Yes, this "Mor" thing is interesting, Phantom. What I meant by Mary could be Moran: Of course she would have another name but she might have been a sniper and attached to Moriarty like Canon Moran was. The writers would have taken some elements of the character and transferred it to another. Because Lord Moran bears no similarity to Canon Moran. And Mary having been involved in Sherlock's fall might be a game changer for John. 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 30, 2015 7:33 am)

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 30, 2015 9:31 am  #37

SusiGo wrote:

And Mary having been involved in Sherlock's fall might be a game changer for John. 

And it would be dark as hell.
The only thing more devastating would probably be Mycroft having some sort of relation with Mary. We've talked about this before, the fact that Mycroft didn't seem to know anything about her... is really, really strange.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 30, 2015 10:04 am  #38

Yes, I think there will be more to come about Mycroft and Mary, whatever it may be. 

March 30, 2015 12:05 pm  #39

It is really strange that Mycroft should not know anything about Mary when an incapacitated Sherlock could find out the truth within a few days, he does not have Mycroft’s capacities.I also think we will get more on Mary in the future -“remember where we left them” – maybe something a little more satisfying than what we got in HLV.
I have to say with all this speculation going on Mycroft is quickly becoming the most fascinating supporting character. And my re-watches are so much fun at the moment.

****************************************************************************************************************************************
We balance probabilities and choose the most likely. It is the scientific use of the imagination.    

March 30, 2015 12:51 pm  #40

Mycroft is almost as big a question markin S3 as Mary.  And I can't imagine the Mycroft we've come to know having no idea of what was going on with Mary.  Even if he didn't know the whole truth.  We're talking about a man who kidnapped John and tried to intemmedate him within 24 hours of him getting involved with Sherlock. And no matter how he joked about meeting John once a week for fish and chips, he had a file on John!  He knew where John was having dinner that night and who he was haivng it with!

And even if all the other "forgiveness" we've seen turned out to be true, I refuse to believe Mycroft would forgive the person who almost killed Sherlock, his brother, his one pressure point.

I will be deeply dissapointed if we don't get more of Mycroft's part in all this in S4.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera