BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 28, 2012 11:35 am  #1

Sherlock-loving son solved readership riddle

A funny and interesting article by Richard Glover in The Sydney Morning Herald.

His youngest son, just returned from University and has been avidly watching BBC Sherlock episodes back-to-back. To his father's astonishment he announces, despite always being a reluctant reader, 'I've just downloaded a couple of Arthur Conan Doyle stories,' he says. 'They're really good you know. Great storyteller.'

www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/readership-riddle-solved-by-sherlockloving-son-20120726-22s3b.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 29, 2012 1:20 am  #2

Re: Sherlock-loving son solved readership riddle

Davina wrote:

A funny and interesting article by Richard Glover in The Sydney Morning Herald.

His youngest son, just returned from University and has been avidly watching BBC Sherlock episodes back-to-back. To his father's astonishment he announces, despite always being a reluctant reader, 'I've just downloaded a couple of Arthur Conan Doyle stories,' he says. 'They're really good you know. Great storyteller.'

www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/readership-riddle-solved-by-sherlockloving-son-20120726-22s3b.html

Good article.

I've always loved books and reading. I grew up watching Basil Rathbone Sherlock movies but never really had a desire to read the ACD books...until I started watching the current Sherlock series. Now I'm reading A Study in Scarlet and can't wait to get my hands on the rest of his stories.

********************************************************************************************************

"That's how you get your kicks, isn't it? You risk your life to prove you're clever.
Why would I do that?
Because you're an idiot."

"We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants."

Gwyn eich byd a dymanuf i chwi lawenydd bob amser.

July 29, 2012 4:18 pm  #3

Re: Sherlock-loving son solved readership riddle

It's funny, because Richard is an author of several books as well as writing regular newspaper columns and his partner, Debra Oswald, is a playwright  and screenwriter. Hopefully, now the boy has discovered ACD he will stick with reading.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

Board footera