BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 29, 2014 7:03 pm  #361

Re: SocksBatch!

It's things like that that's the cause of my strange mummy feels... despite being 14 years his juniour

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

May 29, 2014 7:07 pm  #362

I'm not quite old enough to be his Mum.
Well possibly, but I would have been very young!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 29, 2014 8:12 pm  #363

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

How come you're getting to speak to him then TeeJay? When/where is he going to be?

I'm gonna be at Benedict's Letters Live reading in Hay-on-Wye (Hay Festival) tomorrow, just like a bunch of other fans from the forum. I have no idea if there's going to be a stage door kind of opportunity afterwards, but we're surely going grab every chance we may get.

May 29, 2014 8:19 pm  #364

Tinks wrote:

I don't what the heck is wrong with me; I read that and felt like crying!!! Surely to goodness someone in his life could have pointed him in the right direction!!

I feel horrible for laughing, but I am. You should go read the transcript of TGG commentary and you'll see that it was all very tongue in cheek and hilarious. And I was remembering incorrectly. He knows where to buy socks but doesn't think to do so.

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 29, 2014 8:32 pm  #365

No need to feel horrible Mary - I deserve to be laughed at because I'm a foolish big softie

(In my defence, I'm a softie generally and I'm likely to worry about anyone who doesn't get new undies - not just Benedict! Although that's probably even worse )
I feel better knowing it was tongue in cheek!

Last edited by Tinks (May 29, 2014 8:35 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

May 31, 2014 9:24 am  #366

maryagrawatson wrote:

I feel horrible for laughing, but I am. You should go read the transcript of TGG commentary and you'll see that it was all very tongue in cheek and hilarious. And I was remembering incorrectly. He knows where to buy socks but doesn't think to do so.

Mary

Thanks for the transcript! To digress a little from socks, I had listened to it before but I couldn't catch everything they say, particularly when I got distracted by the story and (mostly) Ben's really deep voice. I found the exchange where Mark asked if Ben has ever done Top Gear awfully funny because Ben finally did go on to do Top Gear! And then that bit where Ben just positively waffles. 

Last edited by Le Bear Polar (May 31, 2014 9:26 am)

March 29, 2015 1:55 am  #367

I just read this whole thread, it's so lovely what you guys did, but tell me - did anyone get a response from this? Was he ever seen wearing any of the socks? Did he write back to any of you??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 29, 2015 1:58 am  #368

I've heard or seen nothing... who knows if he even got them. 

But it was fun! So I've no regrets 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 29, 2015 2:02 am  #369

I found this thread when was searching for a post on this board somewhere to find out if anyone has sent fan mail to Benadict and gotten a reply - after watching Benedict reading the letters by Alan Turing etc, I have this feeling that I want to write to him. I Just feel silly about it. I've never written to a celebrity before. He probably gets so much fan mail, why would he ever read mine, and what have I got to say that would interest him... but I just feel so inspired by him, I want to anyway!

Last edited by ukaunz (March 29, 2015 2:52 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 29, 2015 2:07 am  #370

Go for it! Even if he might never get it, it's always worth to write such a letter... 

I've sent him two letters... the last one during a really bad time and I think it helped me a lot to write that. And to actually send it... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 29, 2015 10:28 am  #371

I only saw this thread now... god, how hilarious :D Wish I'd seen it back then.
I was laughing how nobody even mentioned a size in the first few pages :D
I also wonder if anyone spotted her or his socks on Ben's feet at some point.
I mean, he's a lucky guy - I'm totally out of socks right now ;-)
Let's start something like this again - I wanna take part!!
We could do baby socks!

"It is what it is."

March 29, 2015 10:56 am  #372

Yes, baby socks would be cute, I thought the same thing actually. Then I thought of sending a book for the baby. But socks would be easier/cheaper to post from Australia.

March 29, 2015 11:05 am  #373

I'd be game for sending baby socks! D'aaaaw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 29, 2015 11:20 am  #374

Gah, since I found this thread earlier, all I think about is socks... it's a bit exhausting :D
And the thought of purchasing or knitting tiny, striped baby socks is AWWWWW... bit too much, if I think about it again. awwwww. AWWWWWW. You know? ;-)

"It is what it is."

March 29, 2015 11:21 am  #375

Yes let's! Imagine if we saw photos of the Cumberbaby wearing our socks! Squee! 

Oh we cross posted Whisky. Don't you think it would be a good idea?

Last edited by ukaunz (March 29, 2015 11:23 am)

March 29, 2015 11:27 am  #376

No no no, I think it's cool, I just meant, a bit too much for me right now, as I'm running round only thinking about tiny colourful socks... ;-) mental socks overkill :D

"It is what it is."

March 29, 2015 12:00 pm  #377

So do you think we need to start a new thread for this project?

March 29, 2015 12:05 pm  #378

just did a internet search on benedict and socks, because I felt I was a bit behind on this topic ;)
this one I liked: http://benedictandhissocks.tumblr.com/
lots of lovely pictures

dunno about a new thread... if it's still socks this one is probably ok?

"It is what it is."

March 29, 2015 12:24 pm  #379

Great photos, thanks Whisky. Loved the one that said "Go to bed now, I'll meet you in your dreams. Naked. Except for my socks. You know how I love my socks." *thud*

March 29, 2015 12:27 pm  #380

Yes, that was also my favourite!! :D

"It is what it is."

Board footera