BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2015 3:44 am  #3441

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

When you're reading a completely-not-Sherlock-related book that happens to be set in London, and one of the characters mentions Barts hospital, and you have the unresistible urge to stop reading and watch A Study in Pink instead.

Last edited by ukaunz (March 20, 2015 3:45 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 21, 2015 5:02 am  #3442

Oh - coincidence. I'm 50+ pages further into my book, and a different character has just said "What are you, Sherlock Holmes?" 

(The book is called Wild Wood by Posie Graeme-Evans, absolutely nothing to do with the great detective, but I'm beginning to think the author might be a fan  )

Last edited by ukaunz (March 21, 2015 5:02 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 25, 2015 8:26 pm  #3443

And another one in the same book! Another character just said "No shit, Sherlock."

March 25, 2015 8:58 pm  #3444

ukaunz wrote:

When you're reading a completely-not-Sherlock-related book that happens to be set in London, and one of the characters mentions Barts hospital, and you have the unresistible urge to stop reading and watch A Study in Pink instead.

I think it´s just a natural, healthy level of obssession. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 28, 2015 10:24 pm  #3445

When you speak too frequently about your obsession with your family that you're little brother instead of reading the word "shock" said "sherlock"

March 28, 2015 10:27 pm  #3446

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 28, 2015 10:46 pm  #3447

Nice!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 29, 2015 6:08 am  #3448

You buy too much jam
You paint a smiley face on your wall
You constantly shout 'BORED'
You're scared of getting into a cab
You forget your friends' names (Gavin? Graham?!) 
You change your ringtone to Staying Alive

March 29, 2015 9:50 am  #3449

You know you're obsessed when you mark 183cm on the door frame where you record your children's heights, just so you can imagine looking up into Sherlock's/Benedict's eyes.

March 29, 2015 10:40 am  #3450

When you have a hard time letting go of your water bottle... it was a french pink lemonade, and it has '1895' on it in large letters... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 29, 2015 11:52 am  #3451

I'm so obsessed I named my cat Bluebell before I had even seen Sherlock. This was in 2009 by the way  (true story)

Another funny Sherlock link I have: in 2000 I lived in the same street in London as Big Brother's "Nasty Nick" (I assume he was the one referred to when John was reading the newspaper in The Reichenbach Fall episode, but I could be wrong).

March 29, 2015 9:49 pm  #3452

ukaunz wrote:

I'm so obsessed I named my cat Bluebell before I had even seen Sherlock. This was in 2009 by the way  (true story)

Huh… way back when I was a kid, I named my favorite pale blue stuffed bunny Bluebell!  No idea where got idea, either.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 29, 2015 10:53 pm  #3453

The native bluebell is the floral emblem of Australia's Capital Territory (which is like a state - Canberra, where I live, is the capital), that's where I got it from. My kids thought it was funny when I told them there was a glowing bunny called Bluebell in Sherlock because they thought we invented the name

Last edited by ukaunz (March 29, 2015 10:54 pm)

March 30, 2015 8:30 am  #3454

ukaunz wrote:

You know you're obsessed when you mark 183cm on the door frame where you record your children's heights, just so you can imagine looking up into Sherlock's/Benedict's eyes.

Someone help me up, please - 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 30, 2015 1:08 pm  #3455

Harriet wrote:

ukaunz wrote:

Someone help me up, please -

I did that on my bedroom door when I was a teenager.  I marked the height of all my celebrity crushes.  *giggle*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 2, 2015 3:02 pm  #3456

When your guy for the very first time in 8 months calls you his Girlfriend... 
And a second after the initial heart racing is over you have a flashback to the "Girlfriend?!?" scene from TEH at the train geek's home. 

Worst girlfriend award of the year goes to...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 2, 2015 3:04 pm  #3457

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 3, 2015 7:50 am  #3458

When you start to read the original novel you had no interest before and can't stop yourself to identify which plots had been adapted in the TV series

April 3, 2015 2:40 pm  #3459

When you read that David Bowie is writing music for a new stage play called Lazarus and the first thing that comes to your mind is "Lazarus is go."

O, learn to read what silent love hath writ:
To hear with eyes belongs to love’s fine wit.
(Shakespeare, Sonnet 23) 

April 8, 2015 11:50 am  #3460

When a car with a numberplate starting with 'SH' makes you smile...

And you're about to lose your mind because your aunt just called you in the middle of watching TBB on the telly...(despite having the DVD's)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera