BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2015 12:50 pm  #221

Re: MEMBERS POLL: What's your age?

ukaunz wrote:

I was born in the golden year, same as Benedict

I'm loving the fact that there is such a diverse group of people gathered here, although it does seem a little quiet sometimes. I feel like I have arrived at a party after most people have gone home. I can't wait until the Special and season 4 are on air, maybe it will get a bit busier?

Sweetie, when the special airs this place will explode.   No worries.  

And remember people, don't lie about your age, BRAG about it!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 21, 2015 2:41 am  #222

tonnaree wrote:

ukaunz wrote:

I was born in the golden year, same as Benedict

I'm loving the fact that there is such a diverse group of people gathered here, although it does seem a little quiet sometimes. I feel like I have arrived at a party after most people have gone home. I can't wait until the Special and season 4 are on air, maybe it will get a bit busier?

Sweetie, when the special airs this place will explode.   No worries.  

I look forward to it!

And remember people, don't lie about your age, BRAG about it!

38 isn't such a bad age I guess. It's perhaps easier to be happy about your age if you are happy with who you are. I have trouble with that.

Last edited by ukaunz (March 21, 2015 2:42 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 21, 2015 2:29 pm  #223

(((Hugs))))   Every age is a great age!     I've had the same problems Uranus, I do hope it gets better for you.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 21, 2015 8:42 pm  #224

tonnaree wrote:

(((Hugs))))   Every age is a great age!     I've had the same problems Uranus, I do hope it gets better for you.

Lol autocorrect tonnaree

Thanks. I must be going through my midlife crisis early or something. I keep wishing I could go back to being a kid, and fix my life. It's not a bad life, and I probably wouldn't change much of what has happened, I just wish I could change my personality!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 22, 2015 5:02 am  #225

ukaunz wrote:

You've arrived after the first, second and third parties, but don't worry--  there're a 4th and a 5th on our horizon, so lots of fun to come.

March 22, 2015 7:35 am  #226

I'm 24 btw

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

March 26, 2015 10:45 pm  #227

I'm 20.
But I'd really love to shake hands with the one who is more than 70

March 27, 2015 8:34 pm  #228

I'm 24, my birthday's in October 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

March 27, 2015 8:42 pm  #229

I'm a young 65 and feel as good as I did in my 20's and 30's.  Must be all that healthy living! . All I ask is that I continue to stay healthy and alive so I can see what happens in the next few series.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

March 27, 2015 9:12 pm  #230

Okay, I'm slowly approaching 30 and freaking out a bit :-p
isn't that silly. never thought I'd be that kind of girl, but now I just cannot help it... *embarassed*
(oh, not because I don't like being 30, not at all! but because of this whole "looking back, what have I accomplished" business)

Last edited by Whisky (March 27, 2015 9:17 pm)

"It is what it is."

March 27, 2015 9:21 pm  #231

I am 47 and feeling quite energetic. I think joining the Sherlock fandom considerably reduced my age. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 28, 2015 4:44 am  #232

I'm 41 and sometimes feel more at ease with everything than at the age of 39. 

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

March 28, 2015 6:27 am  #233

I'm 37 now and don't mind it a bit. Actually, I barely ever think about my age.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 28, 2015 12:07 pm  #234

Age is just a number! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 28, 2015 2:59 pm  #235

I'm always telling people my age because I love it when they comment on how youthful I look.

My name is tonnaree and I am an attention whore.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 28, 2015 6:54 pm  #236

Whisky wrote:

isn't that silly. never thought I'd be that kind of girl, but now I just cannot help it... *embarassed*
(oh, not because I don't like being 30, not at all! but because of this whole "looking back, what have I accomplished" business)

I totally freaked out when I turned 30, too!  Now I'm 40, and my life void of accomplishment has somehow become much more "ok" with me.  At least, we're still conscious and on this amazing planet.  Don't look back.  At least, not until time travel becomes an option.  You never know.  Just remember, you'll destined to become 40, 50, 90 and / or dead.  One step at a time, and each step is... worth savoring.

(side note: I am thrilled to be almost the same age as Amanda Abbington - she is 44 days older than me (hers: 2/28 mine: 4/13))

Steven Moffat: Season four is “going to be … [about] consequences. Chickens come to roost ... Things … coming back to bite you.”

March 28, 2015 7:21 pm  #237

I think I've already said my age... but I'm 25 and I really, really don't feel it. Somedays I feel like I'm 3 times that... other times I feel like I'm still 13. 

My guy is 30 and a few weeks back my mum made me really uncomfortable. She randomly asked me "That actor guy you like (Benedict) how old is he, in his 50's?"... when I said he was only 8 years older than my guy she said "Oh, so you're going to marry him too?"

... We've barely known each other for 8 months, and he still lives in Holland. Sheeees mum!!

(Also... she still doesn't know that when I was 21 I dated a man who was 54... I think my guy is my youngest crush)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 28, 2015 8:07 pm  #238

aprilwats wrote:

Whisky wrote:

.....Now I'm 40, and my life void of accomplishment has somehow become much more "ok" with me.  At least, we're still conscious and on this amazing planet.  Don't look back....

That's what I needed to hear! thank you, you are right of course just some people like to rub it in, and it makes me wanna to go up the wall sometimes.

@Phantom: well, love really doesn't care about age. and I think that's how it should be

Last edited by Whisky (March 28, 2015 8:08 pm)

"It is what it is."

July 9, 2015 9:22 pm  #239

Want to reveal my age, too: sweet 36 - but I'm feeling much younger because I totally adore and have a little crush on Mr Sherlock Holmes *ggg* :-).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I'm your landlady - not a plot device!

There are 10 voices in my head. 9 of them tell me I'm crazy. One is humming.

July 10, 2015 12:08 am  #240

Seeing as many of you have given out their age (why hide it? It is just a number), I'll just contribute with my own then -wait, how old am I again? Oh, right, 26. And already freaking out -paddling like hell on the surface but caaaaalm underneath- about my 30th, even if it's 4 years away (one series of Sherlock and another hiatus).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

Board footera