BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2015 4:37 pm  #1

Steven Moffat interview

I just watched this older interview with Steven Moffat in which he talks about his work. Great insights about his work on Dr Who and Sherlock and he says some beautiful things about writing:

http://johnnlocked.tumblr.com/post/114850255771/sassy1121-malachiteempress-im-pro-gatiss-and

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 28, 2015 5:07 pm  #2

Re: Steven Moffat interview

I do honestly love that black hearted troll.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 7, 2015 3:17 pm  #3

Likewise.
I love what he says about writer's block. I had never considered it as my inner editor, but what he says about it does make sense.
*goes back to writing. No, scratch that. trying to write*

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 21, 2015 4:21 am  #4

Here's a recent interview of Moffat by his son Lewis made by Sue V in their home.  Really fun.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JBmiG64tNLw&feature=youtu.be

Nice to see all those awards on the shelves behind them.  Lewis is so beautiful and funny!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

April 21, 2015 7:49 am  #5

Aw, they seem to have a lovely relationship!  I like the way Louis tries to answer the questions for him, and they bicker.  So funny that Steven googled to find out whether his cat loved him, and I love his way of thinking about the time machine question and the last meal question. 

April 22, 2015 12:45 am  #6

Aww, that was fun and sweet--thanks for bringing it, Val!

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

April 22, 2015 12:00 pm  #7

Adorable.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

April 29, 2015 12:26 pm  #8

"He controls me with chocolate"...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

May 13, 2015 8:02 am  #9

Steven...

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 14, 2015 12:34 pm  #10

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

May 14, 2015 1:41 pm  #11

lol That's quite funny.  I'm sure there's even more head canons you could create since BBC reuses sets.  I believe the room where The Diogenes Club was also used in a Doctor Who episode.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera