BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 27, 2015 1:45 pm  #1

Steven Moffat about series 4 (EW magazine)

Here is a very recent quote that really scares me:

http://johnnlocked.tumblr.com/post/114752642041/consequences-its-dark-bloody-frightening-an

The full article:

https://twitter.com/cumberbatchfrm/status/581413614025904128

Let the speculations come. 

Last edited by SusiGo (March 27, 2015 1:54 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 27, 2015 2:03 pm  #2

Re: Steven Moffat about series 4 (EW magazine)

That makes me feel queasy and slightly light headed. 

I also saw a quote from Moffat today about how ridiculous it is to make the US wait so long after the UK for new episodes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 27, 2015 2:14 pm  #3

Which is true. In times of Internet this is ridiculous, the fun gets spoiled. Although in Germany we had to wait five months (bloody dubbing). 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 27, 2015 2:30 pm  #4

Regardless of "legalities"  I thank god for live streaming.   I would've lost my mind if I had to wait on S3 to air in the states.

I wouldn't trade anything for the experiance of sharing the new episodes with my friends here.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 27, 2015 2:31 pm  #5

SusiGo wrote:

Here is a very recent quote that really scares me:

http://johnnlocked.tumblr.com/post/114752642041/consequences-its-dark-bloody-frightening-an

The full article:

https://twitter.com/cumberbatchfrm/status/581413614025904128

Let the speculations come. 

Jep, definitely scared now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 27, 2015 2:46 pm  #6

Moffat you black hearted bastard.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 27, 2015 2:53 pm  #7

Didn't they say cast was in tears after reading the script or something? Really looking forward to it, I have to say! 

As for speculation, I always thought Mary would die in S4 or something. Maybe even the (unborn?) baby. Not sure that will happen anymore, though.

Last edited by Vhanja (March 27, 2015 2:55 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 27, 2015 3:26 pm  #8

As for something coming back to bite you - could be Mary's past. Or Moriarty (very obvious). Or something completely different. Any ideas? 
I have an inkling it could be connected to Mycroft as we have this "other one" business, his strange silence regarding Mary and all that … 

March 27, 2015 3:32 pm  #9

It could be the emotional impact shooting Magnussen has on Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 27, 2015 3:34 pm  #10

"Something coming back to bite you"? My first thought was: "The Speckled Band".

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 27, 2015 4:18 pm  #11

Moffat I know you're going to tear my heart

tonnaree wrote:

Regardless of "legalities"  I thank god for live streaming.   I would've lost my mind if I had to wait on S3 to air in the states.

I wouldn't trade anything for the experiance of sharing the new episodes with my friends here.

Holy words!

March 27, 2015 6:33 pm  #12

Mela wrote:

Moffat I know you're going to tear my heart

tonnaree wrote:

Holy words!

Since I buy all the DVD's anyway I don't feel the slightest bit guilty.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 27, 2015 6:48 pm  #13

Oh, I hate it when the authors scare us like this! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 27, 2015 7:17 pm  #14

This!

STEVEN MOFFAT: There are answers coming to questions which nobody has asked. There’s one thing that no one has really brought up…Can you say what the question is? 
No. We’ve actually set up something, I think—[co-creator Mark Gatiss] and me, we’re very exultant about a little thing we’ve set up that no one is talking about. 

This is making me nuts! 
What?!?
What the hell have they done that we HAVEN'T TALKED ABOUT!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

March 27, 2015 7:39 pm  #15

They are mean evil people. And I mean that as a compliment.

March 27, 2015 7:52 pm  #16

tonnaree wrote:

This!

STEVEN MOFFAT: There are answers coming to questions which nobody has asked. There’s one thing that no one has really brought up…Can you say what the question is? 
No. We’ve actually set up something, I think—[co-creator Mark Gatiss] and me, we’re very exultant about a little thing we’ve set up that no one is talking about. 

This is making me nuts! 
What?!?
What the hell have they done that we HAVEN'T TALKED ABOUT!

Yaaaawwwn. Just a repetition of "the clue that everybody missed" from TRF.
They should try some new tactics already, this one is getting stale, tbh.

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 27, 2015 8:32 pm  #17

Yes .. frustrating - it does feel a bit like they're saying that the fans aren't clever enough to work it out.  I'm sure that's not what they mean, but if it's true that no one has brought it up, then perhaps they haven't signposted it properly?   But maybe I'm being unfair.  I'm very curious.

March 27, 2015 8:41 pm  #18

To me, it only felt like they are having fun in keeping our minds busy. I am neither frustrated nor bored after reading it. Just sooo looking forward to S4.

But then, I might be easy to please when it comes to hiatus stuff.

March 27, 2015 8:46 pm  #19

No, I'm sure you're right.  They do like to have fun .

March 27, 2015 8:52 pm  #20

Not frightened at all. Don't really know what's darker than shooting Sherlock, and I'm sure that won't happen again. Think I'm fine with the rest, unless they get John shot this time. Hopefully not by the same person haha.
Nah, it's all fine. There can be ghosts and snakes and dunno what for what I care, as long as it airs any time before I'm a skeleton six feet under.

"It is what it is."

Board footera