BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 23, 2015 11:46 am  #1

Shock blanket

Winter is coming (at least where I live) and I had a sudden urge to buy a nice red shock blanket to snuggle up in while watching Sherlock. Can't find any in Australia yet, but there's a few sites in the UK including this one http://medtree.co.uk/ambulance-cotton-blanket-red

It's not very pricey really - but I hate to think how much postage to Australia would be! I'll have to keep looking for a locally sold one I guess...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 23, 2015 2:07 pm  #2

Re: Shock blanket

Wonderful Idea!   I'm surprised no one has gone and made "Official Sherlock" shock blankets to sell!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 23, 2015 2:37 pm  #3

ukaunz wrote:

Winter is coming (at least where I live) and I had a sudden urge to buy a nice red shock blanket to snuggle up in while watching Sherlock. Can't find any in Australia yet, but there's a few sites in the UK including this one http://medtree.co.uk/ambulance-cotton-blanket-red

Actually... that's mine.
But I have to say, it really is more red than orange. The one in ASiP definitely looks more orange than this one. Still, it's pretty nice and comfy.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 23, 2015 9:06 pm  #4

When I was searching for cotton cellular blankets I kept coming across ambulance and medical supply websites, and they all seemed to be red, so I assumed that was the standard colour they use. The one Sherlock wears does look more orange, but it may be the lighting or colour grading...

Last edited by ukaunz (March 24, 2015 7:44 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 24, 2015 12:41 am  #5

I was wondering... are the med blankets indeed better than the ordinary cotton ones? I mean the cellular design... is it warmer?
I'm knitting a merino wool blanket, I somehow keep thinking that might be warmer than a shock blanket... but well, it won't look like Sherlock's so it's already loosing the competition ;-)

"It is what it is."

March 24, 2015 5:12 am  #6

Whisky, in my opinion it is warmer indeed. It really doesn't look like it, it's quite thin, but it's really warm and comfy.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera