BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 24, 2014 10:28 pm  #1141

Re: Cabin pressure

I've just listened to the second episode and it was absolutely wonderful, funny, clever, in one word - brilliant! But I'm also so sad that the story of MJN Air come to an end and there will be no more episodes, no more discussions between Douglas and Carolyn, no more Martin's paramount hat and no more Arthur being helpful.... It ended in a great style but still it's sad that it ended at all.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

December 25, 2014 12:30 am  #1142

I heard it and...is there a thread for people who've already listened to it to discuss particulars?  I have some specific commens but don't want to spoil it for others.  If there isn't a separate thread, shall I start one or just wait a few days until people have had time to hear it???  I sort of feel all the comments should remain with this particular thread but I'm dying to talk about it! 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

December 25, 2014 1:32 am  #1143

I loved it! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 25, 2014 5:34 am  #1144

Just what I needed! 

Genious writing, amazing voice acting and comic timing! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

December 25, 2014 7:54 am  #1145

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

I heard it and...is there a thread for people who've already listened to it to discuss particulars?  I have some specific commens but don't want to spoil it for others.  If there isn't a separate thread, shall I start one or just wait a few days until people have had time to hear it???  I sort of feel all the comments should remain with this particular thread but I'm dying to talk about it! 

What about putting the comments in spoiler tags?  Like

I think my favourite part was at the scrap dealer's!

December 25, 2014 8:56 am  #1146

I still haven't heard it, but don't mind spoilers at all...
I read Liberty's for instance.
I am intrigued.
I see the whole CD set is available from next month.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 25, 2014 9:14 pm  #1147

The lemon is in play ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

December 25, 2014 9:18 pm  #1148

Woohoo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 25, 2014 9:57 pm  #1149

And yellow car!

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

December 25, 2014 10:00 pm  #1150

Yay

December 26, 2014 4:24 am  #1151

I was laughing and crying at the same time, because now it's over but it was done so perfectly that my feelings were all confused.

December 26, 2014 7:09 am  #1152

I loved Martin imitating Douglas and the evil goofy jokes.  I think I am basically the only Australian who has listened to Cabin Pressure but I will miss it dearly.  I spent a very happy month listening to cabin pressure on my walk to work and getting weird looks as I burst into sponteneous lols.  Plus my children are now big yellow car game players.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can always tell a good Chinese place by examining the bottom third of the door handle"

January 24, 2015 6:39 pm  #1153

I saw a link that put me onto the fact that Cabin Pressure is being re-presented on BBC Radio http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00cb5k4 and thought I would give it a whirl. 

Boy was it fun!  I love it!! 

Not just for BC's comedic flare but the whole thing.  I had it opened on my iPad this morning as I lay in bed and some parts I giggled so much that I had to sit up to prevent choking. 

I can't wait to listen to the rest of the episodes. 

Ben's "Martin" is so deliciously silly.  In fact the whole show is.  I have never been a big fan of radio shows, but this is fastly turning me into one.  On to "Boston" next!!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

January 24, 2015 10:56 pm  #1154

I really envy you. There is so much to discover. I usually do not listen to the radio at all but this is wonderful. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 24, 2015 11:16 pm  #1155

It's like Christmas!!

I have already listened to Abu Dhabi, Boston and Cremona today and now I have to wait until next Thursday to hear Douz.  I love when something really, really good like this (or the Sherlock series) is spread out before me and yet I can't have it all at once.  The anticipation is part of the enjoyment.   It makes me feel all tingly!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

March 3, 2015 3:14 am  #1156

NotYourHousekeeperDear wrote:

I loved Martin imitating Douglas and the evil goofy jokes.  I think I am basically the only Australian who has listened to Cabin Pressure but I will miss it dearly.  I spent a very happy month listening to cabin pressure on my walk to work and getting weird looks as I burst into sponteneous lols.  Plus my children are now big yellow car game players.

Not the only Aussie - I'm currently listening to season 2 and loving it :-) (got my kids playing yellow car with me too, but they have no idea where it's from). I wish we had this sort of thing on the radio in Australia.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 5, 2015 2:57 pm  #1157

Does anybody know when "Zurich" will finally be available on iTunes?

Last edited by Schmiezi (March 5, 2015 2:57 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 10, 2015 6:03 am  #1158

I've now listened to all the episodes up to, but not including, "Newcastle" (the one Benedict had to miss because he'd lost his voice). You can hear he's on the way to losing it in the two episodes before that, poor man. Anyway, just had to post that I looove the almost-not-quite references to Sherlock Holmes in the "Paris" episode.

This bit especially:

DOUGLAS: Any progress?
MARTIN: I don’t think he has it.
DOUGLAS: How can you tell?
MARTIN: Pretty certain. But, um, it’s just impossible. He didn’t take it; I didn’t take it; you couldn’t have taken it, and there’s no-one else except Arthur, so how … Oh!
DOUGLAS: You’re not thinking …
MARTIN: Well, I know it seems crazy, but …
DOUGLAS: Arthur?!
MARTIN: I know! But the thing is, we’ve taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that’s left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact.
DOUGLAS: Snappily put.

Transcript found at Cabin Pressure Fans

The mangled Holmes/ACD quote, the way he says "Oh!" when he thinks he's solved it. Arthur says he's just like Miss Marple  Also the way Martin delivers his "deductions" in a high-speed monologue.

I laughed so much listening to this episode.   

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 21, 2015 4:16 am  #1159

Awwww.... I have just finished listening to Zurich Part 2. What a lovely, satisfying ending. I've been listening to an episode a day (while I do the dishes, and sometimes when I'm driving) for nearly a month, and it has given me great joy. I'm so sad to finish it though, I'm not sure if all the tears rolling out of my eyes are ones of laughter. I will miss all of those crazy characters. At least I can always listen again 

March 21, 2015 7:44 am  #1160

And again. And again!

I just finished Zurich yesterday. I need to listen to it again soon to make up my mind. At the moment, I am only sad that it's over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

Board footera