BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2012 4:37 pm  #1

Benedict and the Olympics

There is a small snippet in this week's Radio Times. When asked what he would be watching Benedict replied, "I'll be watching all the horsey stuff...I learnt how to ride for War Horse and now I'm a little bit obsessed."

Man after my own heart. If the camera comes on us at all I shall wave and hope that Ben sees it! Lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 25, 2012 2:24 am  #2

Re: Benedict and the Olympics

That, indeed, is an interesting insight.. an Equestrian and now Violin enthusiast! Interesting..

July 27, 2012 2:52 pm  #3

Davina wrote:

There is a small snippet in this week's Radio Times. When asked what he would be watching Benedict replied, "I'll be watching all the horsey stuff...I learnt how to ride for War Horse and now I'm a little bit obsessed."

Man after my own heart. If the camera comes on us at all I shall wave and hope that Ben sees it! Lol

Mmm. He can post in my saddle anytime. *snerk*

July 27, 2012 5:44 pm  #4

Lol. I love the way you folks call it 'posting'. We don't call it that here. I had never heard of the term until recently. Does it mean when you rise up and down in the saddle or when you just sit in it at trot?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 27, 2012 8:11 pm  #5

Davina wrote:

Lol. I love the way you folks call it 'posting'. We don't call it that here. I had never heard of the term until recently. Does it mean when you rise up and down in the saddle or when you just sit in it at trot?

Yes, the up and down thing a rider does when using an English saddle and bridle (as opposed to a Western, here in the States-- posting is not done in a Western get-up), at the trot.

Whatever do you call it? I had no idea there was any other term for it.

July 27, 2012 8:19 pm  #6

Yes Ancientsgate, all I know is posting trot and sitting trot. So what is a posting trot where you are Davina?  Us horsey people want to know.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

July 27, 2012 8:22 pm  #7

KeepersPrice wrote:

Yes Ancientsgate, all I know is posting trot and sitting trot. So what is a posting trot where you are Davina?  Us horsey people want to know.

And meanwhile, if Ben can do it in *my* saddle, we can call it Ralph and dress it up with a bow, for all I care. *runs away laughing*

Board footera