BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 8, 2014 6:46 pm  #41

Re: Fears and Phobias

Tee Hee.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 8, 2014 6:50 pm  #42

How great would that be at parties: 'Yeah, in my free time I like to be a submissive. A submissive Christian clown... Wait why are you running away?'

Now I'm thinking of submissive Christian clowns and it's your fault. 

October 8, 2014 6:53 pm  #43

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

October 8, 2014 7:09 pm  #44

While other people make atheism their religion - and it works not much better 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

October 8, 2014 7:12 pm  #45

How is that so?

October 8, 2014 8:33 pm  #46

We weren't actually discussing religion or atheism. We were discussing submissive Christian clowns. 

October 8, 2014 8:36 pm  #47

Well it was a whole clown discussion in general...which ws good, very good.

October 8, 2014 8:43 pm  #48

But this image is now firmly stuck into my head.

October 15, 2014 5:13 pm  #49

I hate spiders & clowns but the ting that creeps me out the most is Bieber.

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

November 2, 2014 3:43 pm  #50

Friday night there were two people in clown costumes... I actually spent a lot of time talking to them. I managed to see the person below the makeup.

One was a psycho clown with a plastic hand hanging in a string from his neck... the other was a female harlequin clown...

I'm actually proud of myself! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (November 2, 2014 3:45 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 16, 2015 6:40 pm  #51

I am terrified of clowns.

And i have atelaphobia (fear of imperfection/ not being good enough) and Atychiphobia (fear of failiure) and I find these both affect my life horribly -Angel xxx

---------------------------------------
"This isn't funny Dean, the voice says I'm almost out of minutes!" -Castiel
"I lost my shoe..." -Sam

March 16, 2015 7:01 pm  #52

I am terrified of spiders. But I can live with that, because spiders don't have wings and can't fly, so I can move out of their way.

Therefore, I am even MORE terrified of (I think the English term is) Daddy Longlegs. Because they are like gigantic spiders with wings - I hate them to pieces. Luckily my dog and one of my cats will happily chase and eat them. They are my life savers when hubby is away.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 16, 2015 7:20 pm  #53

I wouldn't say the "common" fears affect me. I don't mind spiders, they're just here living their life, I find snakes terribly beautiful (and all reptiles, to be honest), definitely am not afraid of rats nor mice. I am not afraid of wasps, I just don't like them...
However, I profoundly dislike when there are a large number of insects craling. I don't think I'm afraid, though, just don't like it.

No, what I really fear is large crowds. I had to make do (especially duting sales) when I was little, and now I just suffer in silence.
One might say "but why are you going to Cons, then?" Well...people there are "like me", that's why, they share the same interest as I...And it's not like we're all huddled together, we can usually breathe -and that's a good point, otherwise I wouldn't go.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

April 22, 2015 11:55 pm  #54

I have a Myrmecophobia (fear of ants), Cynophobia (fear of dogs), Pyrophobia (fear of fire), and countless other fears I don't want to share because they can be used against me.

Now, my fear of ants is not overly so; if I see one ants crawling across the floor I won't scream at the top of my lungs. But if colony of ants, prehaps squirming over dead roadkill or picking over the remains of leftover food, were to show up, I would probualy have to stiffen a scream. I have nightmares of ants, crawling all over my skin, scuttering into my eyes and eating me from the inside... oops... probualy should try not to give you nightmares as well. And I'm not afraid of all bugs; I would be perfectly content with letting a spider sit on my finger, as long as I was sure it wasn't posionous. No, it's just ants I'm afraid of. (As if something summoned it, an ant just crawled over my papers. Seriously, it did)

I don't know why I'm afraid of dogs. I just am. I have no recollection of a tragic incident with a dog when I was young, nor any time when a dog as harmed me. They just exist.

My fear of fire came from an unknown place within my Mind Palace. Ever since I was young I have been afraid of fire... yet kind of in awe of it. There's this air of brilliance that surrounds it, as if it's announcing, "Everyone, I am the most wonderful thing on this Earth; even God cannot control me!"

Last edited by Surelock (April 23, 2015 7:11 pm)

"Anderson, don’t talk out loud. You lower the IQ of the entire street.”-Sherlock
“Yes, thank you for your input.”-Sherlock
“Shut up everybody, shut up! Don’t move, don’t speak, don’t breathe, I’m trying to think. Anderson, face the other way, you’re putting me off.”-Sherlock

Board footera