BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2015 7:35 am  #41

Re: Do you ship Johnlock?

tykobrian wrote:

Whisky wrote:

Yes, Molly and Greg would be wonderful. I'm sure Greg has noticed Molly, but I'm not sure about herself... Greg having no resemblance to the tall consulting detective
Ah, it would be nice...

The overworked detective and the doctor who's always dated all the wrong people...

Amazing. Never thought of it like that,  tykobrian. It is what they call mirrors. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 14, 2015 1:53 pm  #42

I'm also on the Greg/Molly train. I think they'd be good for each other 

As for Johnlock...I do ship it very much! I don't know if it will ever happen, but it seems more likely after Series 3. Unfortunately, that would mean getting rid of Mary and I like her, so it's a dilemma for me. But I would be very happy if it happened!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

March 14, 2015 2:21 pm  #43

SusiGo wrote:

tykobrian wrote:

Whisky wrote:

Yes, Molly and Greg would be wonderful. I'm sure Greg has noticed Molly, but I'm not sure about herself... Greg having no resemblance to the tall consulting detective
Ah, it would be nice...

The overworked detective and the doctor who's always dated all the wrong people...

Amazing. Never thought of it like that, tykobrian. It is what they call mirrors.

but only in that one category ;-)

"It is what it is."

October 5, 2015 2:42 am  #44

I just wondered... was there ever a Johnlock poll here in the forum?
Like, how many of the active members actually ship Johnlock?

"It is what it is."

October 5, 2015 5:42 am  #45

That would be interesting to know. There would have to be more options than "yes" or "no" though, as some people ship them in the show and others only in fanfiction.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 5, 2015 11:33 am  #46

I don't know how to make a poll :-)

"It is what it is."

October 5, 2015 11:42 am  #47

Isn´t the poll at the start of this thread?

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

October 5, 2015 11:44 am  #48

I just had a look, and it seems easy enough, though I've never tried it myself.

So you need to start a new topic, and down the bottom of the message box, next to the B I U there's a little button to make a poll. Then you just fill in your question options. Make sure you think of all the options you want to include, because I don't think you can go back and edit them (but I could be wrong on this).

Lol nakahara, you're right

Last edited by ukaunz (October 5, 2015 11:45 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

October 5, 2015 11:50 am  #49

nakahara wrote:

Isn´t the poll at the start of this thread?

Good point. Blame my internet connection for not loading content except text, and blame me for not having a proper look.
Still, it feels more like 80-20 to me when reading threads. 

But it's true, the yes and no option has limits.

Last edited by Whisky (October 5, 2015 11:52 am)

"It is what it is."

October 5, 2015 1:28 pm  #50

I was not aware of this threat until you guys posted on it today.  Interesting.  It's closer to being balanced than I was expecting.  Like Whisky says, I don't get that same impression talking on the forum, but then again I don't know how many people voted on this and are not very active anymore.  I guess I'm part of the 33%.

Clueing for looks.

October 5, 2015 2:11 pm  #51

Yitzock wrote:

I was not aware of this threat

That has to be my favourite typo 
But you're riht of course, it's scary how they dominate the place 

"It is what it is."

October 5, 2015 2:33 pm  #52

Whoops! That is a typo, thank you Whisky.  Although it is subjective whether we are under threat by the Johnlockers. 

Clueing for looks.

October 6, 2015 5:18 am  #53

Well, there is a two-third mayority that ships them. Not really balanced if you ask a Mathematics teacher.

Fun fact: with the participants of the Secret Santa Fic Exchange, there was a four-fifth mayority of shippers. Last year, it was nearly balanced.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 6, 2015 7:51 am  #54

Schmiezi, Yitzock said that it was closer to being balanced than she thought. She didn't say it was 50/50, just that she'd expected the majority to be even larger than it is according to this poll. I hope a Mathematics teacher would understand that difference.

As for the Secret Santa, I got a bit nervous because I really can't write slash but I figured that surely a shipper would enjoy a frienship story too.

October 6, 2015 2:50 pm  #55

A majority of shippers you say...as we're in a thread about Johnlock, I'll suppose that majority is composed of Johnlock shippers...Do you think there might be a possibility -however slight it may be- that series 3 has somehow..."convinced" non shippers to ship?

Last edited by Lilythiell (October 6, 2015 2:50 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

October 6, 2015 2:59 pm  #56

In my case yes, more or less. I enjoyed shipping before but S3 convinced me that it will happen on screen one day.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

October 6, 2015 3:41 pm  #57

We could also start a new detailed poll - shipping Johnlock yes or no, in the show or just in headcanon/fanfic, do you ship other pairings, etc. But one has to start a new topic, you cannot integrate a poll into an existing thread. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

October 6, 2015 5:30 pm  #58

I'm an odd bird in that I ship johnlock primarily, but also ship Sherstrade and Viclock!

October 6, 2015 5:58 pm  #59

I would love to see Molly and Lestrade get together.  I think they are perfect for each other. 

ooops, sorry.  Bit off topic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

October 7, 2015 12:04 am  #60

tonnaree wrote:

I would love to see Molly and Lestrade get together.  I think they are perfect for each other. 

ooops, sorry.  Bit off topic.

That's OK.  From the looks of things, Rupert Graves might ship it a little, too.

Clueing for looks.

Board footera