BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 12, 2015 2:05 pm  #21

Re: Do you ship Johnlock?

Oh, btw I also ship Sherlolly... I missed that part of the question.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 12, 2015 3:10 pm  #22

mrshouse wrote:

@Val, of course you can ship John and Mary, it's called #warstan out there.

Thanks for that info and clarification mrshouse. 

I googled "warstan" and I guess if that is what is defined as "shipping" John and Mary (writing insipid stories about the couple) then I would have to say that I absolutely don't ship them.  I like the dynamic of John and Mary as a couple on the show but I definitely am not into anythng like "warstan" appears to be. 

Soooo - I am going to go with positively not shipping anyone on Sherlock.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

March 12, 2015 3:43 pm  #23

Whisky wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

You like stuffed animals. 

rofl :D was thinking of the blue carbuncle... wondering now what's inside the teddy...

Thank you solar for hospitality ;-)

and, gently, for you:  

John Watson Bear is stuffed with sunshine and pure rage.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 12, 2015 4:44 pm  #24

tonnaree wrote:

You forgot jam and kittens.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

March 12, 2015 5:14 pm  #25

Vhanja wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

You forgot jam and kittens.

Angry kittens!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 12, 2015 5:17 pm  #26

I am not actively shipping Molly and Lestrade or reading fanfics about them but I would really like to see them together. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 12, 2015 5:51 pm  #27

I'm not exactly shipping John and Sholto but I believe they were lovers.
But besides of this little boat - no other ship than Johnlock as far as I can see 

Last edited by Harriet (March 12, 2015 5:52 pm)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

March 12, 2015 6:01 pm  #28

SusiGo wrote:

I am not actively shipping Molly and Lestrade or reading fanfics about them but I would really like to see them together.

Oh yes, absolutely!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 12, 2015 6:27 pm  #29

Do I ship Johnlock? In the show, not at all--I see one of the all-time great bromances there.

In fanfiction, however, I'll give that a go--some of my all time favorite fanfics are Johnlock. (I'm not so willing to give other ships a try in fanfiction. I won't read anything that ships Moriarty and any show character at all, for example.)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

March 12, 2015 6:57 pm  #30

I don't…  (although seem one of the few… it's awfully pervasive in the fandom!).  But I can appreciate it, to a sweet lighthearted romantic extent, and definitely see a deep love of comrade/friendship.  Just love their dynamic, as well as John/Mary's, and the one that grew with Molly and Sherlock.  I like how Whisky put it, really.  Not sure I exactly 'ship' anyone, but I agree Molly and Lestrade would be so sweet!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 12, 2015 7:45 pm  #31

I think they're one of the most shippable/slashable couples on TV, and I love that there is so much fanfic and art around the ship, but I don't personally ship them myself.  I really like the friendship as it's shown.  In fact, I don't really ship anybody in the show, in the sense of wanting it to happen.  I'd be happy for it to be free of traditional romance.

March 12, 2015 10:04 pm  #32

SusiGo wrote:

Yes, I do. First very much on a fanfic basis, since series 3 in the show as well.

I am in the same boat. At first, I didn't see any Johnlock on screen, then a mate introduced me to fanfics (particularly Johnlock fanfics). I was awaken to Johnlock in fanfics and obviously began to witness it when I watched the series. I did find this pairing very, erm...appealing.
Then there was series 3. And ever since series 3, I see Johnlock everywhere.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 12, 2015 10:07 pm  #33

SusiGo wrote:

yes. And, to be honest, I have a mind that Molly and Lestrade will become an item in the future.
[please, Moftiss, don't make it into an unrequited love...Graham would not bear it, I fear]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

March 13, 2015 10:35 am  #34

Yes, Molly and Greg would be wonderful. I'm sure Greg has noticed Molly, but I'm not sure about herself... Greg having no resemblance to the tall consulting detective
Ah, it would be nice...

"It is what it is."

March 13, 2015 10:56 am  #35

Whisky wrote:

Yes, Molly and Greg would be wonderful. I'm sure Greg has noticed Molly, but I'm not sure about herself... Greg having no resemblance to the tall consulting detective
Ah, it would be nice...

The overworked detective and the doctor who's always dated all the wrong people...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Series arc of Sherlock | Clues to #johnlock being endgame | My fav Sherlock blog

March 13, 2015 11:00 am  #36

No, I don´t.. I don´t ship anybody on the show, although I think Molly and Greg could be cute together. I just never got the hang of this whole shipping-thing.. but I like to see people having fun with it =).

March 13, 2015 11:24 am  #37

Zatoichi wrote:

...although I think Molly and Greg could be cute together.

Yeah, that would be a nice pairing indeed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 13, 2015 11:45 am  #38

I started out not wanting to see any sort of romance or ship in Sherlock , I hoped the writers would keep it more about logic and reason and common sense justice...in the canon ish way.
And while I don't ship Johnlock...I do see that the writers have given it to the people that do, practically on a plate and it has become a lot of fun to watch@read about...I do think people give it too much importance...were it to happen or to have been from the start..it would have very little , if any , effect on how each episode turns/turned out.

If I ship anything....I ship Mycroft the iceman / anyone that will totally make him fall...never again to utter..caring is not an advantage.
I hate that so far ..Mycroft has been proven right .

March 13, 2015 1:48 pm  #39

Short version? No 

March 13, 2015 9:40 pm  #40

Short version? Absolutely. 

Happened unequivocally at "You look sad, when you think he can't see you."  My heart skipped a beat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera