BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 19, 2014 3:35 pm  #1

The Jungle Book

Benedict is going to voice Shere Khan, the tiger, in a new adapation of Kipling's novel:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/benedict-cumberbatch-joins-jungle-book-726146

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 19, 2014 3:42 pm  #2

Re: The Jungle Book

He's obviously got the voice of a villain.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 19, 2014 4:04 pm  #3

Such a great news! Ben is absolutely perfect in playing and dubbing villains 

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

August 19, 2014 4:07 pm  #4

Oooh perfection! I can really see him as a dangeorus tiger with a sneer to his voice... RAWR

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

August 19, 2014 5:15 pm  #5

I think I just melted.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 19, 2014 5:57 pm  #6

Hmm... will he do motion capture? It would be even more sexy than mo cap for dragon....

August 19, 2014 6:26 pm  #7

Tigerbatch.
*swoon*
*thud*

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 21, 2014 12:12 pm  #8

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 21, 2014 12:19 pm  #9

I can't wait for the fan art of a tiger in a Star Fleet uniform.  *giggle*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 28, 2014 3:25 pm  #10

He's got a perfect voice for Shere Khan.

"The name's Sherlock Holmes and the address is 221B Baker Street."

August 28, 2014 3:54 pm  #11

Benedict Cumberbatch growling.

*swoon*
*thud*
*drool*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 28, 2014 4:09 pm  #12

That cast is impressive indeed.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

August 28, 2014 4:28 pm  #13

yum. another Khan**

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

March 10, 2015 7:46 pm  #14

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

March 10, 2015 8:06 pm  #15

Interesting. I thought he had done this last year, I remember him mentioning it in an interview as if it had already happened. Anyway, I am sure his voice once again will be amazing. 

March 10, 2015 8:16 pm  #16

I assume that the press release is talking about the live action parts--it doesn't say whether the voice work has been done already or is still to come. 

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

March 10, 2015 8:44 pm  #17

I just can not wait to watch it, and hear his voice! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 10, 2015 11:43 pm  #18

Thank you so much for the link, REReader! It's an interesting piece of information, indeed! I cannot wait to see the film, and marvel at all those talents. And *faint* when Shere Khan speaks (I would say appear but as it's not said whether Ben also does the motion capture...), obviously.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd be lost without my blogger.
"It’s not a ‘gang’ show, it’s the Sherlock and John show. It’s about developing their characters and their relationship, and the characters drawn into their orbit.”  Steven Moffat

Board footera