BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 8, 2015 11:15 am  #41

Re: Doctor Strange (spoilers)

More to the point, I think, is that British actors have a long history of jumping mediums, from theater to TV to film and back again--while it is less usual for American actors to do so. It's been becoming more common than it used to be for Anerican actors, it's true, but Meryl Streep doesn't do sit-coms...and Dame Judi Dench does.

Last edited by REReader (March 8, 2015 1:57 pm)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

March 8, 2015 11:44 am  #42

Edward Norton
JOAQUIN PHOENIX
Ralph Fiennes
Albert Finny
Glen Close
Annette Benning
MICHELLE PFEIFFER

None of these people have Oscars.
Just saying.

Last edited by tonnaree (March 8, 2015 11:45 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 8, 2015 12:17 pm  #43

Oh, and I could have bet that Bening won an Oscar for "American Beauty"... she totally would have deserved one. See, there you go...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 8, 2015 2:03 pm  #44

I'd say the Oscars tend to go to the performances and films that the membership of the Academy think they should admire rather than the ones they loved, or even that they found memorable or moving.  I wouldn't worry much about Oscar-bait roles--Benedict will have his share of them, and likely as not will be remembered for other roles entirely!

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

April 11, 2015 10:06 pm  #45

Director Kevin Feige has confirmed that filming will start in November 2015. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 11, 2015 10:29 pm  #46

Exciting 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 12, 2015 7:26 am  #47

Oooh! Sweet

I can't wait to follow that project either! Seems like it was yesterday I was trying to deduce from Ben's vague answers about 'knowing' anything about Doctor Strange at all

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 12, 2015 9:01 am  #48

So it'll directly be from Shakespeare to Marvel. I love it!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

April 12, 2015 9:22 am  #49

And then straight back to Sherlock. Benedict said so in China, if I heard correctly.  

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

April 12, 2015 9:58 am  #50

Busy man!

I like how diverse he is btw... he's not too 'good' to do one thing over another. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

April 12, 2015 2:27 pm  #51

SusiGo wrote:

And then straight back to Sherlock. Benedict said so in China, if I heard correctly.  

So does it mean he start the filming work of series 4 only after he finishes Doctor Strange which should be 2016 then?

April 12, 2015 2:44 pm  #52

Yes, definitely. He will play Hamlet until the end of October, then film "Dr Strange" and then series 4. 

April 12, 2015 2:54 pm  #53

so it is expected the S4 will be aired no earlier than late 2016

April 12, 2015 3:08 pm  #54

There is no information about the airing date yet. But they usually need three to four months for filming, followed by post-production, so I would not expect it to air earlier than late 2016 or even early 2017. 

April 12, 2015 8:40 pm  #55

Yeah, he's pretty busy the rest of the year. I mean, I'm not sure what he's doing right at this moment, but he has Hamlet coming up soon-ish, and then he'll be going straight into filming of Dr Strange in November. Filming on a feature normally takes two or three months so they'll probably break for Christmas and then maybe finish up in January 2016 on that...

So...filming for Sherlock S4....March 2016 maybe???

Release date for Sherlock S4...I should imagine they'll got for the New Year's Day 2017 slot. I would if I were them. It's a good slot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 13, 2015 2:44 pm  #56

Though Ben's participation in Doctor Strange means we have to wait longer for S4 , it is still good that Ben can broaden his career. Staring in a Marvel movie of which the production cost is enormous is a wonderful experience and new to Ben. However, it seems there're repetitions of the role he plays recentlt. They are always talented or brillant genius.  It is why some people criticize his performance in TIG is repeating when he did in Sherlock ( though I absolutley disagree) . I am looking forward to enjoying a new brand role played by him , maybe a stupid guy or cheating lover.

April 15, 2015 12:26 am  #57

Marvel’s Kevin Feige being interviewed by MTV about Marvel movies, there's a bit about Benedict and Doctor Strange.

Last edited by ukaunz (April 15, 2015 12:28 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May 27, 2015 7:56 pm  #58

May 27, 2015 7:57 pm  #59

That would be cool

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/tilda-swinton-talks-join-benedict-798348

If it's absolutely necessary to do another film version of a comic (we obviously don't have enough already?) than a least with brilliant actresses/actors.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

May 27, 2015 9:17 pm  #60

Tilda Swinton, oh wow, that would be brilliant. I absolutely loved her in "Only Lovers Left Alive" with Hiddles, it would be wonderful to see her together with Benedict now.

Board footera