BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2015 7:53 pm  #1

Oscars 2015 coverage roundup

Although Benedict did not win Best Actor (a pity, but not really a surprise), the interwebs seem to have decided that the Cumberbatch newlyweds are the cutest and chic-est couple ever (I do not disagree!), and are presenting plenty of photos to back up the opinion. Here's a small selection: 

People Magazine: So Sweet! Benedict Cumberbatch Smooches Pregnant Wife on the Red Carpet 

HuffPo Canada (I assume by their full-time Benedict photo poster, bless her): Benedict Cumberbatch's Best Oscar 2015 Moments and Benedict Cumberbatch's Oscars 2015 Outfit Channels Bond, James Bond 

The Mirror: 9 loving pictures which show Benedict Cumberbatch and Sophie Hunter are enjoying newly wedded bliss 

And even Perez Hilton: Benedict Cumberbatch & Pregnant Wife Sophie Hunter Are Out To Win Most Adorable Couple at the Oscars! 

Last edited by REReader (February 23, 2015 9:58 pm)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

February 23, 2015 8:19 pm  #2

Re: Oscars 2015 coverage roundup

Oooh, fantastic! Thank you for these collections! 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 23, 2015 9:27 pm  #3

Not surprised, they seem to genuinely make each other happy;  Though I think his parents deserve an honorable mention.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

February 24, 2015 5:03 am  #4

Thank you so much REReader for this Cumberbatch/Hunter pictorial Oscar roundup!   I especially loved the one by the Huffpo Canada titled "Benedict Cumberbatch's Best Oscar 2015 Moments".  You're right that gal must be a full time Ben photo poster!!   

It's really hard to pick a favourite for me.  All of the ones of Sophie and Ben together are just so beautiful and the one of Graham and BC is wonderful. 

I love Sophie's dress - it is in one of my favourite colours (which looks great on her) and I think the style is very chic (and I actually think the style is much more elegantly glamorous, rather than "risque" as some papers are describing it).  I love the fact that they dressed to a style theme together co-ordinating their look, without it being too corny or overplayed.  

Both of them seemed relaxed and really enjoying themselves (maybe all the pressure was finally off for a while - a bit of respite from the rush of the wedding, awards and work lately).  They both have a lot to look forward to in their lives together.

And I love the fact that Ben's parents were able to be there as well.  They sure seemed proud as punch of him and all he has accomplished so far.   The selfie that Ben was taking of the four of them on the red carpet was just darling!!

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

February 24, 2015 9:23 am  #5

Risqué! Ha ha! They need to look up the meaning of the word in a dictionary! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 24, 2015 9:36 am  #6

I love the dress!! She's definitely the type for strong colors and it was sexy as hell.    I love it when pregnant women dress nicely, one has days feeling ugly and off often enough... And I absolutely loved the earrings!
The only thing I wasn't too fond of was the hair do, a bit too old fashioned for my likes.
They are most adorable together and clearly happy and enjoying having found each other. Personally I'm just not took much into demonstrative cuddling and kissing in front of the camera, that reminds me a bit too much of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes...
I never doubted they were happy and very much in love anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 24, 2015 10:16 am  #7

I loved Keira's dress, as well. Sophie's dress was very classy and Benedict looked dashing, as always, even if I prefer him in balck tuxedo or smoking.

February 24, 2015 7:13 pm  #8

You're all very welcome!

Some more from the Oscars/Oscar afterparties... 

Variety: Inside Vanity Fair’s Oscar Party: Beyonce, Cumberbatch and In-N-Out 

Independent.ie: Vanity Fair Oscars party: Eddie Redmayne, Benedict Cumberbatch and Oprah Winfrey lead red carpet glam (There's a short video there.) 

Independen.uk: Benedict Cumberbatch: Alan Turing 'would have shrunk with horror' at the Oscars 2015 furore (Includes a very nice video interview from, I think, before the Oscars, about TIG.) 

Bustle: 6 Benedict Cumberbatch Quotes From The Oscars, Because He Always Inspires Through His Words 

And a tweet from Good Morning America: Benedict Cumberbatch... always having the most fun. (click for pic!)  

There are also a whole bunch of pieces showing photos of Benedict and Sophie kissing while they fill their car with gas, very sweet, but they look like pap photos to me, so I'm not bringing the links, because I'm mean that way.

Last edited by REReader (February 24, 2015 7:14 pm)

February 24, 2015 8:20 pm  #9

I love those two….     Seriously, not even trying to be biased or overly fan-ish, as soon as I saw them on red carpet, was happily struck by how they were one of the most dashing (and sweet) couples there!     And so awesome his parents got to join as well!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 25, 2015 1:20 am  #10

Ben looked like he should have been walking round serving canopies and champagne off a silver platter...his outfit...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 25, 2015 1:27 am  #11

I thought the outfit was very James Bond! 

February 25, 2015 1:51 am  #12

REReader wrote:

I thought the outfit was very James Bond! 

So did I REReader - classic Bond, James Bond... right down to the skinny bow tie.

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02362/Sean_Connery_James_2362858a.jpg

And if you count the pix at theVanity Fair After Party he's even got the martini glass! 

-Val

Last edited by Ah-chie (February 25, 2015 1:53 am)

-Benedict Cumberbatch

February 25, 2015 1:57 am  #13

Shaken, not stirred. :D

February 25, 2015 2:01 am  #14

But most importantly... thoroughly shaken!!  (for Bond and BC's "Bond"!!)

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

February 25, 2015 2:14 am  #15

Hee!

March 2, 2015 6:31 pm  #16

I suppose this falls under Oscar coverage...and also every other award show this season: 

Benedict is 6 of E!Online's 58 Most Important Things That Happened During the 2015 Awards Season. (Only 6?) (Also, warning: The "article" is all gifs, so you might not consider the link mobile ready.)

Last edited by REReader (March 2, 2015 6:31 pm)

March 2, 2015 8:37 pm  #17

Gosh, REReader that was fun - thanks for posting it!

Ben (along with Sophie) got 3 mentions (if I counted it right)!

Woohoo!!

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

March 2, 2015 8:47 pm  #18

My pleasure! I counted 6 mentions! #7, 41, 43, 50 (my fave!), 53, and 57.

March 2, 2015 10:22 pm  #19

Ooo - you're right (now that I cleaned my eyeballs I can see all of them )  And #50 is my favourite too!

-Val

-Benedict Cumberbatch

March 2, 2015 10:24 pm  #20

Which means Benedict is more than 10% of their most important awards happenings! 

Last edited by REReader (March 2, 2015 10:24 pm)

Board footera