BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 24, 2012 8:38 pm  #141

Re: Chit-chat

No? Oh, I thought other people always did their beds with those sheets. *other people have such weird sheets*

It's so warm and sunny it's so BEAUTIFUL! 

Last edited by Sammy (July 24, 2012 9:45 pm)

July 24, 2012 9:43 pm  #142

I have fitted sheets on the bed at the moment that don't 'quite' fit. Therefore every morning the tops have popped off and I end up partially wrapped up in them. Maybe I should just get up with the sheet wrapped round me.  Might be a bit difficult/ embarrassing/strange walking the dogs dressed like that!

Absolutely wonderful weather today and I am NOT going to moan about how hot it is...even though it is. I think the sudden jump from 16 degrees last week to nigh on 30 today is a bit difficult to adapt to. I have got eaten by Mosquitos (Mucken) tonight and am a bit sunburnt.

Last edited by Davina (July 24, 2012 9:45 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 24, 2012 9:50 pm  #143

So your fitted sheets (Spannbetttuch?) are like the one Sherlock's wearing?
I was wondering what kind of sheet he was wearing... Because I don't have anything in my cupboard that resembles this! Haha.
(Yes, that means I could never properly play ghost when I was younger .__.)

July 24, 2012 10:09 pm  #144

I don't think Sherlock was wearing a fitted sheet...I  think he was wearing the top sheet. KING sized ,  I think.     I've been sleeping  with just my  2 sheets---no  shock blanket,  it's too warm for that!!  It's  cooling down today.   

well  I  had a call from my drs office today--  no  kidney stone in my left side,  that is a relief.   One  more hurdle down...Now  I've just got to finish my  laundry  and pack  and  print out some maps....Oh,  did I mention housework?   See,  this is why  I wish I had a house-elf  or a pageboy. 

I want to go to the mall,  but  I've got no money to spend right now.   Just as well...there's nothin' ter buy!!   I  still want  a kindle fire. Oh,  WHY  won't they lower the prices  on those?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 24, 2012 11:05 pm  #145

Good news that there's no kidney stone. But have the checked that the pain isn't from a kidney/bladder infection. It's a classic symptom.

I'm up much too late tonight. Waiting for my son to come back from the a latest Batman movie and watching Madmen. Well he's come back looking like a very sunburnt, rugby playing, bulked-up Jude Law. I told him to take suncream with him and apparently he did use some but like Ben, as a red-head he is now a bit lobster-like.

Anne Hathaway is Catwoman In the Batman movie and although the role is a bit of a surprise apparently she is really good in it. Certainly breaks any typecasting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 24, 2012 11:16 pm  #146

I thought I could come back after a week and a half and catch up. It's impossible!

Skitty - hope you feel better.
Where are you going?

Sammy -- Fitted sheets have the mitered corners sewn in and elastic around the corners so that they fit and stay on the mattress. Is that what Spannbetttuch are? I'm sure we could make a joke about fitted clothes and fitted sheets on Sherlock.  Anyway, the other sheet, the top one you put over yourself, we call a flat sheet, because it's well, flat. Probably more than you wanted to know about sheets in English.

Maybe I should go to today's rants to talk about how annoying it is to fold fitted sheets to put in the linen closet (cupboard to Brits, I think).

July 25, 2012 9:55 pm  #147

Just found out that currants get their name from Corinth. Only because of learning German have I learnt this about my own language...weird.

July 25, 2012 11:39 pm  #148

Yes, that's a Spannbetttuch, veecee. No, actually, thank you. See, it's totally different here (or at least: in my home) so it's good to know that! :D

I went to see Batman: The Dark Knight Rises. It was incredibly good!
So your son was mentioning Anne Hathaway? I see why he might do that.  (very tight costume!)
For me she wasn't really that interesting in the movie, but the villian of the movie (Bane) was certainly something! So intimidating.

July 26, 2012 3:35 am  #149

Davina wrote:

Just found out that currants get their name from Corinth. Only because of learning German have I learnt this about my own language...weird.

That is interesting. Also, most Americans say "learned," although I think a fair number of us say "leapt" and "dreamt."

Has the forum helped your German?

July 26, 2012 5:55 am  #150

ooohhh is there a mechanic in the house?   Had to go  get my  cars battery replaced.   that's ok.   now they say  the rear brakes need  fixing.   I'm  gonna go get a second opinion. All they want is money.   

Next week  I'll be on vacation.   I'm  going to Sin City. If you know where that is,  PM  me,  don't  put it here,  please.   I  would post a weekly quiz,  but I  don't have one. Sorry!!!  I've got an idea,  but....I  dunno. 

sigh.    Did anyone catch that movie  GOING FOR THE GOLD  with Matt Smith?   I  didn't....I  came home too late.  I  thought it would be on  this evening at 8  or 9  pm, ,  but it was on at 5 pm  when I  was elsewhere!! So  I missed it  and there's no repeats.   Bah!!!   

goodnight y all....it's bedtime for me.

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 26, 2012 6:59 pm  #151

If the rear brakes need doing you should feel them being spongy. But definitely get a second opinion and if they need doing then get them done. Cars are such a pain sometimes!

Have a lovely holiday.

July 26, 2012 9:05 pm  #152

*peers 'round the corner*

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Tumblr (:
Own Sherlock Fan Forum

-

July 26, 2012 9:25 pm  #153

Helloooooooooooo! Pops back round the corner.

July 26, 2012 9:46 pm  #154

Gosh, Davina, you made me spill my popcorn!
Not that I was spying on you or anything...

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 26, 2012 9:54 pm  #155

Popcorn! Popcorn? Num num (as the Germans say).

July 26, 2012 9:56 pm  #156

Nobody says num num in Germany   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Tumblr (:
Own Sherlock Fan Forum

-

July 27, 2012 7:46 am  #157

They do in the Ost.

Nom Nom Nom!

July 27, 2012 4:39 pm  #158

What? I  thought it was NUM  and not NOM?   huh?   

I  got a second opinion.   went to another car shop,  and they said there was a loose pc of hardware  on  my  rear brake.   so  they fixed it  and i  didn't have to have it replaced!!   I'm  so  relieved.   Ok  I'm going to Las Vegas.  There's a deaf ppl convention  going on there.   I  don't know sign language very well,  but I do know  some signs, just not enough to be fluent.   I  should bring my  ASL  books.   yeah.   

Soo---the olympics start  tonite!!   actually  some events already started--  I  heard they  were still working on the pool area--  did they finish that? I'm  going to the other thread  for olympic talk.   see ya!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 27, 2012 6:52 pm  #159

Viva Las Vegas! Is Tom Jones there?

July 28, 2012 1:56 am  #160

Hm... well I would say "jam jam". 
(this is a reply to the "nom nom" discussion ;))

Board footera