BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2012 7:07 pm  #121

Re: What makes you unique?

I'm unique because of having lots of souvenirs from other countries in my room ... well, and a sweaty towel from my favourite cellist next to autographs and photos from and with other musicians I really like ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's mostly subtext.

July 26, 2012 7:45 pm  #122

Oh, that reminds me of "f*rty towels" from Fawlty Towers, another wonderful British TV show.

July 26, 2012 8:36 pm  #123

LenaGriffey wrote:

I'm unique because of having lots of souvenirs from other countries in my room ... well, and a sweaty towel from my favourite cellist next to autographs and photos from and with other musicians I really like ;)

May I ask who is that cellist?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 26, 2012 8:50 pm  #124

veecee wrote:

Oh, that reminds me of "f*rty towels" from Fawlty Towers, another wonderful British TV show.

I know nothing, I'm from Barcelona!

LOVE it!!!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 26, 2012 9:28 pm  #125

Irene Adler wrote:

LenaGriffey wrote:

Yes, it's the towel from Pal (Big P) from the band KAKKMADDAFAKKA. They are from Norway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's mostly subtext.

July 26, 2012 9:32 pm  #126

Come here Manuel (Mattlocked) and let me explain...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 26, 2012 9:34 pm  #127

July 26, 2012 10:18 pm  #128

LenaGriffey wrote:

Irene Adler wrote:

LenaGriffey wrote:

Yes, it's the towel from Pal (Big P) from the band KAKKMADDAFAKKA. They are from Norway

I don't know them, but I'll have to take a look

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

July 27, 2012 8:15 am  #129

LenaGriffey wrote:

Irene Adler wrote:

LenaGriffey wrote:

Interesting band name. Esp. when you talk it out loud... 

July 27, 2012 10:59 am  #130

@ Mattlocked

Yes, that's true :D In the 90s in their hometown, Bergen, a small group of people developed a new language no one could understand ... but them. And the word 'kakkmaddafakka' means 'party animal' ;)

August 8, 2013 10:46 am  #131

Well, what makes me unique...I know!
I'm the only one really ordinary person on this forum. 

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

August 8, 2013 12:43 pm  #132

Well, I am unique because of one physical characteristics : the little finger on my right hand is really smaller than normal and all distorted in a very funny way. No big deal for me as I was born this way and you don't really use your little finger for anything in everyday life, do you ? But when people spot it they find it creepy of course, and I often need to calm them down. But never mind, because I'm one of the few women Sherlock woud be able to recognize from " not her face ". 

Not a fan.

August 8, 2013 12:50 pm  #133

sherlockskitty wrote:

An entire room in my home is filled with I LOVE LUCY stuff!!

Awesome!  I grew up among the company of I Love Lucy lovers, and actually quite like the show myself, teehee 

As for what makes me unique...I have absolutely no idea , hm...well, I do have Mohandas K. Gandhi's signature tatooed on my leg and "U2" tatooed on my right wrist. 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (August 8, 2013 12:50 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

August 8, 2013 1:11 pm  #134

I'm a jack-of-all-trades...good at many things and an expert at nothing I love finding new things and learning everything I can about them.  I've traveled quite a lot for my age...lived in Japan for a year, and went and stayed a month in Tasmania when I was younger.  I've also been to every state east of the Mississppi and up to Canada.  I've studied Latin, Spanish, Japanese, French and Mandarin Chinese, but I only have fluency in English and partial fluency in Japanese.  I'm great with computers and have had 3 jobs working in IT.  I love swimming, but don't get a chance to do it often.  I also love gardening.  I listen to every type of music at one time or another, but I go through periods where I only want to listen to a certain kind.  I love the theater, and I have even watched plays and operas in NYC.  I'm a very good artist, and I love pencil and charcoal.  I have sang in a choir (I'm an alto), and I can peck on a piano (but I'm not very good).   I love British television, American football and Hockey.  have two young children and I currently stay at home to watch them.  I can crochet very well, and knit and sew okay.  I have Addison's disease and Graves Disease, but I try not to let them get in my way of life.  And I'm an atheist.

And that's what makes me unique  

Last edited by sj4iy (August 8, 2013 1:20 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 15, 2013 6:03 pm  #135

I'm unique because I am a tomboy; all my classmates (that are girls!) wear makeup. I'm the only one who doesn't, and I would rather play tackle with the boys during recess than talk about who I have a crush on with the girls. Except celebrity crushes. ;) And I don't care about my appearance, I just wear what is comfortable for me, which is usually jeans and a cotton T-shirt, with my hair pulled back in a ponytail. And I believe in magic and magical creatures. Because what I always say is: "There's no proof that there is magic, but there is no proof that there is not." Now I am not posting that comment so I can get into an argument if magic is real or not, that is just my personal opinion. And also I have no idea what is popular now. Especially music. Tears for Fears is my favorite band ever, and they were in the 80's. Oh I was also born with a hearing condition that makes me hear everything louder than it is actually supposed to be. And I also can make
anyone laugh. Climbing trees and running through the woods with my best friend (he's a boy) are my favorite pastimes. I think that is quite enough about me now.

Last edited by OneMoreMiracle (August 15, 2013 6:07 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

August 15, 2013 10:01 pm  #136

My online nickname.  I am the only "tonnaree" in the world.   It's a childhood nickname.  My given name is Tonya Marie and when I was a little girl "tonnaree" was the best I could do at pronouncing it.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 16, 2013 1:13 pm  #137

And so I end up here. What makes me unique... I really wish I could tell but I seem pretty ordinary.

My view of the world might seem jaded and that's actually me in a nutshell. And though I haven't lost the connection to reality, I built my very own world to escape.
Plus, even if that does not necessarily make me unique, I feel constantly misunderstood.
I have a few talents but people tend to only see my mistakes.
I don't feel complete without my best friend and unlike other people who are looking for the love of their life with a nice house, a family and children, we both already have made plans to share a flat and even to marry if the guys keep on disappointing us. Oh and of course, we would have at least two cats. Cat ladys, both of us.
I hate social networks, smartphones, religion and I usually don't give a shit about what other people might think of me. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 30, 2013 1:46 am  #138

I'm unique in that I want to be a film composer! There aren't too many of those around, although there should be way more! :] 

August 30, 2013 11:42 am  #139

Wow! I've been out of bed entirely too long already and I found myself wandering through this thread like Alice. I am absolutely amazed, not only by the uniqueness of this group, but all of the similiarities.

Apparently, we all love music in one form or another. When I was in Middle School (about 100 years ago) I played clarinet! I'm partially jealous of all of you muscians, because I lost my instrument for a while and somehow my brain forgot how to read music. One day, several years ago, my spouse and I walked past a music store and they had a purple clarinet in the window that I just had to get my hands on. We went in and the guy handed me a new reed. Ah! It was like magick. I think I stood there for ten minutes and when I looked up again, there were more people standing around looking at me that had been there before. I remember blushing like hell and then handing the (very expensive) instrument back to the man.

I've never had the courage to go back in there, so I don't know if they were staring because I totally sucked at or what....probably never know, but it was worth it to know that the music is still in my head. I've always loved a nice blues or jazz riff...and yeah, if you've read any of my fanfic, I think you see where that's going.

I am a middle-aged American mutt whose been married 16 years and my husband and I have a five-year old daughter who knows what empirical evidence means.

That said, I actually have a degree in Criminal Justice that I want to use...to be a writer. I wish I had the patience to be a criminologist, but there is absolutely no call for that type of thing here.
Many people say that they feel like they live at work, well, I really do.
I also am a horse person and gave up two five years ago just after my daughter was born. I've ridden everything from ponies to Belgian drafts and I've been owned by 4 Tennessee Walking horses. (Plain shod.) Right now I have about 3,000+ model horses.
I am an amatuer photographer on the side: here's something interesting: I've shot portraits of reindeer of all things (and baby zebras!)

That's about as exciting as my life gets, though I have one more thing: I love the internet. I love being able to talk to you guys from all over the world (I have always been a linquist of sorts.) When I found the model horse hobby online, I met some great people from all over and some I consider good friends and it just tickles me everyday that I can do this. I totally admit how spoiled I am by modern technology!

Last edited by crazybbcamerican (August 30, 2013 11:46 am)

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

October 3, 2013 10:07 am  #140

I have synaesthesia, am a vegan with celiacs (ie. eating out is a pain), and didn't lose my first tooth until I was almost in Junior High.

Board footera