BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2015 8:20 pm  #1361

Re: The special - the game is on (spoilers)

Isn't that the smartphone game?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 22, 2015 8:45 pm  #1362

Oooh, yes, of course it is! And I got that game, that means a new case - yay! 

Oooh, that makes me curious seeing as every case so far has had original scenes with the cast!

Last edited by Vhanja (February 22, 2015 10:07 pm)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 22, 2015 10:06 pm  #1363

That's not fair...not everyone can afford a smartphone

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

February 22, 2015 10:08 pm  #1364

I have one, but the game won't play on mine even after they made it for Andriod... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 22, 2015 10:18 pm  #1365

The game crashes sometimes on mine, but otherwise it's fully playable. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Team Hudders!

February 25, 2015 3:50 pm  #1366

I had a dream last night that I was watching the special. I don't remember much of it, but I do remember that the Victorian scenes were in a kind of sepia tone. You know, like some of the old movies, like Wizard of Oz. And the modern day scenes were in full colour, it was very strange...

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

February 25, 2015 3:56 pm  #1367

I love that idea, actually! It could work nicely!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 25, 2015 4:20 pm  #1368

Then I'm calling it right now: the Victorian parts will be in sepia tones!

March 16, 2015 6:39 pm  #1369

Oho! So it looks like the special may be a Victorian stand-alone with nothing to do with the rest of the series: 

“The special is it’s own thing,” Moffat told EW before attending a panel at the South by Southwest conference on Monday. “We wouldn’t have done the story we’re doing, and the way we’re doing it, if we didn’t have this special. It’s not part of the run of three episodes. So we had this to do it – as we could hardly conceal – it’s Victorian. [Co-creator Mark Gatiss] and me, we wanted to do this, but it had to be a special, it had to be separate entity on its own. It’s kind of in its own little bubble.”

Source: EW.com

Last edited by REReader (March 16, 2015 6:39 pm)

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

March 16, 2015 6:56 pm  #1370

Just read the article myself. Darn, no answers to the questions from HLV then. 

Team Hudders!

March 16, 2015 7:00 pm  #1371

Yeah, that part is annoying. I don't mind a bit of stand-alone fun, though!

March 16, 2015 7:18 pm  #1372

Even though they are calling the special a "standalone" I would not be surpirsed if there were clues to S4 hidden here and there in it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

March 16, 2015 7:23 pm  #1373

How can it be "Victorian" and "hundreds of years ago"? 

It does make sense for it to be a stand-alone.  I wonder if there's too much to resolve with Mary, etc. - maybe that's going to be done over S4.

March 16, 2015 7:51 pm  #1374

I think it was obvious from the setlock that this piece will be standalone. 

I don´t mind at all, I´m curious what they had prepared for us. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 16, 2015 9:18 pm  #1375

Not sure about the meaning of this sentence, though:

“We wouldn’t have done the story we’re doing, and the way we’re doing it, if we didn’t have this special."

So the special is in some way the basis for the show? In more ways than just being the historical foundation for their 21st century version? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 16, 2015 9:27 pm  #1376

SusiGo wrote:

Not sure about the meaning of this sentence, though:

“We wouldn’t have done the story we’re doing, and the way we’re doing it, if we didn’t have this special."

So the special is in some way the basis for the show? In more ways than just being the historical foundation for their 21st century version? 

Steven was maybe saying random things that came to his mind in order to not spoil the mystery of the special. 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

March 16, 2015 9:28 pm  #1377

I would not put it past him. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 16, 2015 9:36 pm  #1378

The way I understand it, with "the story we're doing" he's talking about the story of the special. So they only can tell this very story in the form of a special and not as part of the 'normal' show.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

March 16, 2015 9:38 pm  #1379

Interesting! 

I just can't wait for it though... I suck at being patient!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 16, 2015 9:44 pm  #1380

SolarSystem wrote:

The way I understand it, with "the story we're doing" he's talking about the story of the special. So they only can tell this very story in the form of a special and not as part of the 'normal' show.

^^That was my understanding of it.

Board footera