BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 26, 2013 12:35 am  #1

Benedict looks like...

Eric Mabius, the american actor who plays Daniel in "Ugly Betty".  this is just a personal point of view, but what do you think guys? do you agree with me?? I don't know why but since I saw the first episode of the series 1, Benedict reminded me of someone but I didn't know who, until now. I think they look like each other, a little bit at least.

PICTURE 

Last edited by spanisherlock (October 26, 2013 12:49 am)

The begining of a great adventure!!!

October 28, 2013 6:14 pm  #2

Re: Benedict looks like...

Eyes are similar.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 28, 2013 6:19 pm  #3

I'm sorry, I can't see anything similar.... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 9, 2014 1:15 pm  #4

Can't help but feel there is but one Benedict Cumberbatch.  He truly is in a league of his own. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

February 9, 2014 1:39 pm  #5

I think his looks are soooo unique that I'd be very surprised if there are many lookalikes. But then, I'd rather look a bit unique than like everyone else. I once had a local artist say that I had a very unique face and he was interested in painting me (I have a weird profile, horrible nose, but nice eyes and mouth). I saw his 'unique' as not model-attractive (I wish!) but interesting. I still don't know whether to feel flattered by it. I never did let him paint me though.

But back to Ben...yes, I think it's great that he's so unique. There's only one Ben!!

February 9, 2014 3:00 pm  #6

He reminds me a little of Cillian Murphy; but only in a slight way... I suppose it's the cheekbones and the full lips that does it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

March 28, 2014 4:13 pm  #7

Dont see it sorry.  Benny is definetly unique

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

February 23, 2015 11:17 pm  #8

This movie poster messes with my head each time I scroll down on Facebook...

Please say it's not just me!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 24, 2015 4:44 am  #9

I recently mentioned in another thread that this photo of Benedict

reminds me of Damian Lewis (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0507073/)

But in most other photos he looks just like his adorable, unique self 
(Ben is much cuter)

Last edited by ukaunz (February 24, 2015 4:59 am)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 24, 2015 1:03 pm  #10

Benedict looks like a shining Archangel sent down from heaven by God himself to brighten our dark world with his beautfy.

But that's just me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 24, 2015 8:43 pm  #11

tonnaree wrote:

Benedict looks like a shining Archangel sent down from heaven by God himself to brighten our dark world with his beautfy.

But that's just me.

Well said! Agree absolutely 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 25, 2015 1:18 am  #12

Has anyone seen Guardians of the Galaxy? I don't know who the main actor is in that, but when I was watching it the other day, I kept seeing Benedict in his face...he definitely looks like a young Benedict. It also made me think how awesome Ben is gonna be in a Marvel movie. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 25, 2015 3:20 am  #13

Are you talking about Chris Pratt boss?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0695435/?ref_=nv_sr_1

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

Board footera