BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2015 9:27 pm  #1281

Re: Let's talk all things lovely about Ben...

Do you know that "Frankenstein" is sometimes shown in cinemas? Maybe you will have a chance to watch it. Performances are usually listed here:

http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions/16546-frankenstein

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 16, 2015 9:30 pm  #1282

SusiGo wrote:

Do you know that "Frankenstein" is sometimes shown in cinemas? Maybe you will have a chance to watch it. Performances are usually listed here:

http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/productions/16546-frankenstein

Thanks for the link. Looks like the nearest screening is about 4000 miles from me  Hopefully it will be available on DVD one day. But imagine being able to see him live on stage... 

Last edited by ukaunz (February 16, 2015 9:31 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 16, 2015 9:33 pm  #1283

Check out cinemas near you. The listings are not complete.

I am one of the lucky people who will see him as Hamlet. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 16, 2015 9:40 pm  #1284

SusiGo wrote:

Check out cinemas near you. The listings are not complete.

I am one of the lucky people who will see him as Hamlet. 

You lucky girl 

I just did a bit of a search, it looks like Frankenstein might be screening in a local cinema in June...

Last edited by ukaunz (February 16, 2015 9:40 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 16, 2015 9:53 pm  #1285

Glad to hear that.
It is an amazing experience. Both versions are excellent but if you can choose, I recommend you watch the one with Benedict as Creature. 

February 16, 2015 10:02 pm  #1286

SusiGo wrote:

Glad to hear that.
It is an amazing experience. Both versions are excellent but if you can choose, I recommend you watch the one with Benedict as Creature. 

Thanks for the recommendation. I was hoping they'd show the two performances back to back - a Benedict marathon

February 16, 2015 10:15 pm  #1287

This of course would be perfect. 

February 16, 2015 10:27 pm  #1288

ukaunz wrote:

Thank you Nakahara, Vhanja and Lola Red. I think I'll just hang around in this forum where the fans are sane, and nice I like that it is moderated so that people can't say such evil stuff about people they don't even know!

I've never really obsessed about anyone since I was at Uni (I was mad for David Duchovny and The X Files), and the Internet was very different back in 1995. No Twitter for one! I was mostly just cutting pictures out of magazines in between episodes. So I guess all this is new and strange to me.

But yes... Back to the lovely Ben... He really is wonderful in the interviews I've watched on YouTube, especially the more serious ones where they don't tease him about his name or ask him stupid questions (although I love his dignified responses even to those). He is so passionate about acting. I wish I had the chance to see him on stage in a production like Frankenstein!

As for those photos... He does fill out those jeans nicely...

Well, looks like you and I have something in common!      

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 17, 2015 12:34 am  #1289

ukaunz wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Glad to hear that.

Thanks for the recommendation. I was hoping they'd show the two performances back to back - a Benedict marathon

Oh bugger. The web page I found must be an old one - the dates don't match up for this year. I think it's from 2012 

February 23, 2015 4:58 pm  #1290

February 23, 2015 6:34 pm  #1291

Not gonna cry.
Oh who am I kidding.
That is utterly heartbreaking. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 23, 2015 6:41 pm  #1292

That is so lovely of him.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
"We'll live on starlight and crime scenes" - wordstrings

Team Hudders!

February 23, 2015 6:50 pm  #1293

I was very touched when I read this article.

That was indeed a very lovely gesture on his part.  Very thoughtful and typically Ben I think.

-Val

"The only shipping I know is shipping containers."
                                           -Benedict Cumberbatch

February 23, 2015 7:25 pm  #1294

really moving.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 23, 2015 8:40 pm  #1295

*Cries*

What a sad story, and what a good man he is!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 23, 2015 8:45 pm  #1296

It´s so wretched when a young life is cut so short... 

-----------------------------------

I cannot live without brainwork. What else is there to live for? Stand at the window there. Was there ever such a dreary, dismal, unprofitable world? See how the yellow fog swirls down the street and drifts across the dun-coloured houses. What could be more hopelessly prosaic and material? What is the use of having powers, Doctor, when one has no field upon which to exert them?

February 24, 2015 8:36 pm  #1297

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

February 24, 2015 8:47 pm  #1298

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 24, 2015 9:02 pm  #1299

D'aaaaaaaaw!

I love their love! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 24, 2015 9:13 pm  #1300

"Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a NICE way."

Board footera